Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:36:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In it just for the money?  (Read 1375 times)
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:34:05 AM

I suppose I am in mostly for money, but with ethical restraints. If I think something is unethical I won't get involved even if it would make profit. But then I don't evaluate every project from an ethical perspective, it's just those that clearly stand out as wrong for me.

Franko30

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:20:56 AM

If you choose a good ICO, investing can make you richer, but if not you can just lost your money. You should have some point that are significant for you in choosing ICO. About Idea i think you should have to things in your mined - Are people need this idea? Do I understand it? If you have two YES, goes to list how to understand that ICO isn't a Scam. my list - Team and it background, Timeline of projects a clearly and easily to understand, Have partnership with fonds or organizations, in WP there is information abt amount of money to each stage, Good support in social media, and good customer service in official resources. Due to this reasons I choose Confideal and waiting for start their ICO
bitalive

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:25:36 AM

I always follow a few ICOs on a regular basis. yes, there is a lot of scams but there are a lot good ICOs also. Yes, I invest in legit ICOs.
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:26:28 AM

Of course. The sole purpose for anyone doing this is to earn money. But at the same time you learn about cryptocurrencies and the potential of them.
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:26:31 AM

If you choose a good ICO, investing can make you richer, but if not you can just lost your money. You should have some point that are significant for you in choosing ICO. About Idea i think you should have to things in your mined - Are people need this idea? Do I understand it? If you have two YES, goes to list how to understand that ICO isn't a Scam. my list - Team and it background, Timeline of projects a clearly and easily to understand, Have partnership with fonds or organizations, in WP there is information abt amount of money to each stage, Good support in social media, and good customer service in official resources. Due to this reasons I choose Confideal and waiting for start their ICO

Sometimes it is not easy to find a good ICO but if you really are accustomed in ico participation then it is much easier fo find legit or not. Because their are always releases almost everyday in the market and depending if they are mine-able or not they could increase in prices. Because even if they are released in the market they dont really standout until their are some investors who make a good news out of that coin.
GoldyFund

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:37:04 AM

The money is not really that big at this point, it's much more about the perspective. And yes, the purpose and motivation behind a project is sometimes really important. I've invested in a couple of ICO's just because I think those enterprises strive for something I care for.
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:39:18 AM

The answer would be simple, its yes many of them including me are here for making money and that matter is return on investment for which lots of research and lots of pros and cons have to be understood to really make good money. I still see good technical aspects for any project would give them good investors and good returns as well , thats how the projects are becoming successful. I would look this way study the project details , if we all find it worthy take a decision and move on, else look for some other project.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:27:11 AM

To be honest, I am in it for the money in every aspect Smiley

Well, I wouldnt join anything if it clearly was illegal and/or morally wrong stuff. But other than that its for the potential money Smiley
Not only you, have I thought everyone here comes for the money. There may be some other reasons for every other individual but for me too, I prefer to come here just for earning money. These coins have shown such great shine of profits that we are unable to control. Methods for earning are much easier, just need some focus and observations so that we can earn more than we actually expected.
Nascor

Activity: 197

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:30:28 AM

that's kinda the big issue in the crypto world really, and the reason we are seeing the SEC freaking out and going bananas. It's because a lot of people, as you've mentioned, don't care about the idea behind the project and the real "value" and impact it might provide in the future, but care monstly about making a short term profit. Your approach to the situation looks good, and I believe you should invest in what you trust in. The profits will come with time and you should always look at the long term, the horizon. The industry is still quite new and there aren't many user around to get these service going, but in a couple of year thing will be different, and you might be handsomely rewarded if you'll be invested during that time.
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 844

BetFury.com Cryptodrop 🌔 Share $20 MLN in

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:18:34 PM

To be honest, I am in it for the money in every aspect Smiley

Well, I wouldnt join anything if it clearly was illegal and/or morally wrong stuff. But other than that its for the potential money Smiley
Not only you, have I thought everyone here comes for the money. There may be some other reasons for every other individual but for me too, I prefer to come here just for earning money. These coins have shown such great shine of profits that we are unable to control. Methods for earning are much easier, just need some focus and observations so that we can earn more than we actually expected.

most of us is join into one ico or several ico is because for the money like you said. we want to grow our money amount with investing in the ico which we know will give us some nice profit although not all of the ico will gets success in their journey. but it is hard to choose the good ico if we don't know anything about the roadmap and the benefits from that ico. we need to have research more details about their project so we know that the project will gets their success in the long term.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
spyerf

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:39:00 PM

Talking about money is endless as if life is just making money. In the real world we leave very early only a few cents. Here in the crypto world we are looking for new coins to trade for profit, it is great because we are all in the forum. By the way we can know how to sell and buy and invest then we have a bitcoin business opportunity to earn money.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2058
Merit: 165

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:49:37 PM

Of course I'm in for the money. Imagine how many ICO's and projects have failed goals and if I ended up trusting their cause first, I'll end up in the gutter haha.

arnux

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:10:34 PM

When investing in ICOs, are there times when you invest for a high ROI but don't really care for the cause behind the project? Or do you only invest when you believe the project has a strong use case and feel personally attached?

I am new to BitcoinTalk but I am not new to investing. With all my investments, my criteria is whether I believe in the idea and whether it is something the world needs. In other words, if I don't feel personally invested in the idea, then I won't be investing my money.

For example, there is a new project called Protex and I invested in their pre-sale because I believe they are going to solve a major issue the entire world has. They are a data security company that will give the power of data back to the users instead of large corporations. All while essentially eliminate data breaches. With a platform that will positively affect everyday of my life, it is easy to be invested in them.

But I want to know your thoughts! In it just for the money?

well generally the project which has a good way of going about things normally has long term success which means you get more money. So I do care about the project.
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:14:14 PM

I would like to think that money is an incentive of investing in crypto currencies, especially bitcoin. Most early investors of bitcoin had realized that centralised organizations(govts or banks) manipulate the fiat currency as per their liking and santoshi(may god bless him/them) gave us the most potent weapon to take this power away from these organizations. If bitcoin is mass adopted, I see peace, progress and harmony among individuals living in different parts of the globe.

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:34:59 PM

Well it is about currencies so it is inherently linked to making money.
For ICOs, it depends on times, sometimes it can be only for the money, sometimes for both money and personnal views :p

A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:39:03 PM

I am here to earn some money. When I invest in some project, I do a research about it. Is it something that will improve todays life, will it ease some processes, is it inovative?. These are things that I look for. Also good team should be behind that. In any case it should have a story that I can understand and for which I think it will bring some improvements. If it looks like scam or something that is illegal, I am staying out of that. So it is about the money but something that I believe it has a strong use case and a future.

Also what is great in new cryptocurrencies that it have ended number of tokens. So price will growing! (if it is successfull project).
Like we see bitcoin is growing. And like so many other coins.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:27:20 PM

When I buy some alt, or bitcoin itself, or invest on an ICO, then I'm in it for the project itself. I'm not a trader, so if there is no real application or value, other then the possible profit it could bring, there is not point in doing it, because eventually the project will fail. The project can still fail even with a good idea, and that is entirely different, but it needs to have real potencial, otherwise it is doomed to fail right from birth. If there is no value, it's a bubble, if it's a bubble why support it? You know you can only get profit from bubbles at the cost of other people's money, so it's not right to get into these things just for the profit in my opinion.

That's one of the reasons why I support regulation on ICOs, to decrease the chances of bubbles being created, that will not only cost money to people, but will also promote fear, causing real projects to also suffer from it.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:29:15 PM

In it for the money but as time flies by you will attached to it somehow.
ICO's takes some time before it ends so you will know it better by means of telegram and updates of the developer or their manager. In this time, you will know more about it and somehow you will also learn that it could be a strong service and would try to support it until the end.
Coldsnap4457

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

STOCKBET TOKEN SALE OCT 29 - USABLE SOFTWARE TODAY

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:32:38 PM

I'm in it for the money, but I believe that you can only make money on sound ICOs that have long term potential.

Most ICOs will fail, because most are scams or don't make sense.

For me the ICO must have big potential and they have proof that they have written software.

Without this, there is a good chance that the ICO is a scam or will never deliver.

frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:55:32 PM

I’m into it for money purpose only most of the times. I will support the cause only as long as it interests me otherwise there is no reason for it support. I mean not for long time. I supported TenX for longer than i expected I would do because I wanted to have their black premium edition debit card. I was not lucky enough to get it as first 100 investors but I enjoyed supporting the project for long time. So you see it’s all about the project and how it might perform or what are the advantages of it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: