Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:31:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you research the company before participating in a bounty?  (Read 2101 times)
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:01:43 PM

Just wondering if this is something everyone does, and what questions you need answered before you are comfortable participating (and actively promoting) an ICO?

Yes i do. Amd i believe any intelligent investor out there would certainly do the same also. Because this is the only thing that can help you determine shitcoins and good coins. This is the only thing that can save you from being scammed or losing you investment. Anyone who invest without doing this is stulid. Or has a lot of money to throw away.
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:14:25 PM

How can you enter a bounty campaign without reviewing the project? I always try to learn as much as possible about a project before joining any bounties.
First what I look at is the aim of the project, how it'll be demanded amoung the investors and how detailed whitepaper it has.
Than I learn about ICO details like hardcap, bonuses and so on, to estimate appoximately how much I can earn in a bounty.
And of course I check a project's team and there experience as well as there activity in social media.
So these factors help me to decide whether to join it or not.

jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:04:48 PM

Its your responsibility to research the information if you join bounty, if how many participant are they. Because not all ICO project are true some of them are scam or after all many invested they are gone. Whitapaper help you to researh their background the detailed about their aiming project must be their. For our own good just research first before you join.

marados

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:34:29 PM

Just wondering if this is something everyone does, and what questions you need answered before you are comfortable participating (and actively promoting) an ICO?

Haven't been here for long time, but first signature bounty that i did turned out to be a scam. Probably they weren't satisfied with amount they raised in ICO and they just deleted everything and "left".

Since then I'm paying more attention to the project and to the team behind it before I decide to participate in bounty campaigns.

Definetly it is better to check everything about the project first, so that you wouldn't end up wasting your time promoting someone who turned up to be a scam and get nothing in return.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:45:35 PM

In the begning I could not research the company or project before participating in bounty due to lack of knowledge. After two three bounty I understand for whom I should campaign. Now I thoroughly research the company before participating in a bounty.
I think everyone should do it.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:43:26 AM

Yes ofcourse, every time we will join a bounty we should not forget to check its background, company, websites and more so that we can see that its all real. We should check their information for good and for not wasting our time in a failing bounty.
It is unfortunate though that most investors are just looking for free money or profit that ICO gives them and not even bothered about the chance of the project attaining to something some great position in the market with the services they are going to render and which is why they are always ready to dump at the first point they hit the market.

These are the caliber of people that finds it pretty hard to research the market before investing.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:01:22 AM

Definitely, why would'nt you?

If you are participating in a bounty then you are essentially putting your time and effort out there in return of their project's stakes. This is pretty much the same as working for that company or whatever.

If you don't do research then you'd be in a pretty terrible situation where the tokens you get are worthless. Now you don't want that to happen.

enendad

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:08:40 AM

8)Yes, I will know the project team every time I see the project. This will help me understand the better investment of the product. But this process will take time to reduce my work. I also hope to share my thoughts with more friends.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Freyya08

Activity: 172

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:24:45 AM

I guess, one way of ensuring ourselves fhat the ICO is not a scam is to know more about it and to reseasrch about it. Thru this, we can see that it's legit and has potential. Participating in ICOs is not only about spending some time but its also about investong time, effort, and sometimes, money. Therefore, it's just right that learn about it before joining it.

The Crypto Peasant

Activity: 258
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:50:44 AM

Yes i always research the company before i take part of bounties.

the main reason i do this is to see how good their udea really is and the likelyness of the team successfully achieve the end goal of the project.

No point in taking part in a bounty with a project that will die or not succeed.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 04:52:18 AM

Well it is absolutely necessary to research the company before participating in their bounty campaign. I myself do that, especially in case of Facebook bounties and where the payments are made in the company tokens rather than the BTC. The reason being, that I don't want to promote scammy ICOs on my Facebook profile and lead my friends to losses. And for the tokens, it is essential that the project has some potential and good chances of success. After all, what's the use of earning those 2k xyz tokens, if later they aren't even worth $0.001 in the market!

TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:57:17 AM

not necessarily, If I am aware they are scammers, I wouldn't take part as I don't want to be seen as helping in promoting a scam. However, the only time I do a proper research into a company nowadays is if I am looking to invest. I make sure to cross my i's and dot my tees, to be as safe as possible. 
ryanben

Merit: 114

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:10:39 AM

Before participating in the bounty I will study everything about the project and not ignore any information then I will evaluate the project from a personal perspective and look at the opinions of others. In the end I will make the decision, usually the projects that I join bounty I will invest in it

Kurokyy

Activity: 448

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:32:13 AM

Yes that is necessary to research the company first and the team behind the project. You have to see what is their goal in the project and the transparency.    And what if you are only promoting a scam ICO that only want is to get the money of the investors. You will offer your time and effort to promote the ICO so its necessary.

Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:59:55 AM

Definitely, why would'nt you?

If you are participating in a bounty then you are essentially putting your time and effort out there in return of their project's stakes. This is pretty much the same as working for that company or whatever.

If you don't do research then you'd be in a pretty terrible situation where the tokens you get are worthless. Now you don't want that to happen.

Yeah and by looking their road map and white paper we can tell what will be the ICOs future and the team behind it is also a big factor.
Nowadays, many ico are scamming the participants and they deceive their participants by huge bounty allocation but in the end of their campaign the bounty will lessen and many alibis will be hearing. The sad part is everyone works hard for it for months but end up to nothing.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
grizmoblust

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:03:26 AM

If you wanna join to a bounty campaign, you should ask yourself some questions:
- What is the project?
- What is its purpose?
- Is it potential?
- How about the developers?
- They spend how many tokens to pay for bounty campaign?

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
als17

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 06:18:08 AM

If you wanna join to a bounty campaign, you should ask yourself some questions:
- What is the project?
- What is its purpose?
- Is it potential?
- How about the developers?
- They spend how many tokens to pay for bounty campaign?

Thanks good questions !!!
KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:46:07 AM

Yes i really do a research before joining on to it.
because we today we really need to have a good IDEA for a Project .
not for their own benefits but it will have a good Impact to the Others too .
We really need to acknowledge some of the Good ICO projects because
They have a good purpose on it.
not just joining for money..

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
jlanzago

Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 06:53:03 AM

Sure, I definitely do it and try to participate in bounties only for the projects I truly believe, and may invest on them. Because I want my "free coins" to have some value and not sell them quickly for a few bucks.
Dr0idGuru

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:54:27 AM

For me, the first thing that I look for in an ICO's whitepaper is the PROBLEM and SOLUTION together with the PRODUCT/TOKEN/COIN.

I agree. But the capacity of the team to give the next step "EXECUTE" is also important.
If they are not able to execute, the token will not be appreciated because nobody uses it.
The best metric to know if they execute is looking into the past.
My favourite tokens in this case are:
  -> Props: https://propsproject.com < supported by YouNow and backed by Union Square Ventures (the same as Kik or Filecoin)
  -> AppCoins: https://appcoins.io < supported by Aptoide and backed by e.Ventures (San Francisco / Germany), Golden Gate Ventures (Singapore) and Gobi VC (China)

Compare them using Google Trends, adding Kin/Kik which ICO is over:
   https://trends.google.pt/trends/explore?q=kik,younow,aptoide
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: