Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 12:06:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you research the company before participating in a bounty?  (Read 2101 times)
DonaldTramponald

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

Next Generation Antivirus

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:21:58 PM

Just wondering if this is something everyone does, and what questions you need answered before you are comfortable participating (and actively promoting) an ICO?

Definitely. Before participating in the company needs to investigate it. How serious the project, the team, roadmap, white paper, etc. the more you learn about the company, the more likely that the project will be successful and will give you a reward.

Xodor

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 07:34:13 PM

I always look at the team and the idea and try to choose a company that will collect a lot during the crowdsel so that the payments are good

H A R A               WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
zabisux

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:50:44 PM

Yes, of course I do. I look at their social media profiles especially linkedin. Then I read whitepaper, look at what people say about them on news, blogs. I try to find legal papers about company as well.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
flatnose101

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:12:03 PM

Yes, of course I do. I look at their social media profiles especially linkedin. Then I read whitepaper, look at what people say about them on news, blogs. I try to find legal papers about company as well.
Me too i take time to read some of the important information that can help me to decide for joining on that campaign cause if i may not do that I think it's gonna be my loss for.
Greenrace

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:24:00 AM

in following ICO we must be careful and certainly before following it we must find out first about the ico project but not to investigate further just looking for important information only

Gunpaycity

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:30:15 AM

Just wondering if this is something everyone does, and what questions you need answered before you are comfortable participating (and actively promoting) an ICO?
I did not research the ICO company if I wanted to be a participant but enough information that the company is good then I will follow

●● Phoenex Global ●●
◆ Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ◆
Telegram  ◣Facebook  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
irfanrete

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:18:40 AM

I think Investor should always use the brain to make good decisions and avoid the bad ones.
Otherwise it would be like throwing money to the window. Making complex research on the whole project including whitepaper, team, company, jurisdiction and so on is the main basis for investment.
Jateng

Activity: 1305
Merit: 148

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:18:10 AM

If we want to make sure that the project is worth invest/participate for, so probably we should make sure that it’s a good project by checking their website and read their whitepaper carefully. Always check for every people behind the project and read some reviews about their projects. If they’re always updating their ICO and gives some good news about what going on about their project maybe it’s a successful project.

NerdYale

Activity: 276

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:48:08 AM

Yes, it is very important to research well before involving in bounties or even investment in ICOs. We can;t really know for sure if the ICO is legit, scam or a failure in the end but with research, at least we can lessen the risk. I would look into the roadmap and the whitepaper of the project if it is feasible and look for any fishy things to be found.

kqyyzmlc

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:50:39 AM

Of course, I investigated, but also found an unexpected surprise, ah ha ha.
Bankex, I found that this ICO project actually received the investment of Microsoft's AZURE, you can see how hot it is, I am very proud to participate in the promotion of Bnakex.
BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:56:05 AM

So far, I am very happy with my ICO investment. I have about 90% profit and have earned quite a lot from it as compare to years ago. There are so many things to consider so that I can pick the right one to profit from.

bhoybitcoin

Activity: 336

“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:07:46 AM

If you hate scammers and be scammed, that's the best thing to do. Study every ICOs that you wanted to participated in first to avoid regrets being lack of knowledge.

AleksandrKosov

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:54:18 AM

Of course. First of all, I read the white paper, the team, the results, which the team has already achieved, for the purpose, the tasks. I look at bounty conditions, what percentage they offer, what soft cap and hard cap is installed, by the number of registered participants.

kiver

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:14:18 AM

i guess we all do research a bounty before joining any legit wont try to same the participants because it would destroy the campaign it self that they did to attract more investors so what will be their point any legit wont do that at all
Lingqingyi

Activity: 168

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:23:18 AM

Most of the time, when you take part in the bounty task, you will know if the project is a good project, and no one will waste their time doing meaningless things.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
kambaralikhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:37:12 AM

First of all, Project's overall context matters a lot. I look for what the company is all about and what unique idea it is bringing and as am going to actively promoting the ICO, is it really something that should be promoted ? Is it really something that investors should take a look ? If so than I actively promote it. It takes a substantial time to read the white paper, search about the company, Core team members reputational analysis. after getting know all this I spread the updates of the company with my friends and followers. It is against the ethical norms to promote or support such thing of which you also aren't sure about, leaving the investors wealth at risk...

DirtyMartini

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:53:35 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2017, 08:43:20 AM by DirtyMartini

Most definitely, I think you should always conduct your own due diligence if you're going to go to the effort of promoting something..
Even then, you still can't be certain that a particular project won't end up falling through..

The first question I ask myself is: Is this something I want to promote? Is this something I'd be happy to put my friends and family on to?
I only promote projects I genuinely believe in, but that's just a personal thing..

I then look at things like:
Who are the devs?
Does the project have a properly qualified team?
Whitepaper, Roadmap, clear purpose?
Community?
Social Engagement?

It also gives me more confidence when I see the Bounties are managed by reputable Bitcointalk members or that the devs are active and transparent.

On the other hand, some people don't care and are happy to Tweet/Facebook/promote whatever, as long they get their free tokens at the end..

You just need to work out where you want to fit in and what works for you.

Good luck! Smiley
maereglapo

Activity: 181

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:55:29 AM

Yes we all need to do serious research before investing to anything here in cryptoworld or else you'll get rekt.
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:00:38 AM

Yes of course we search about the company and it's project, it is your one and only asset to knoew if that bounty is worth any of your time. Especially now there are a lot of ICO's that are scams or their project did'nt workout well lossing all of their funds so make sure you know what you're doing before you participate in a bounty.

Anniee123

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:27:56 AM

Yes, I also know what kind of project the company is doing, so that I can make sure that I can make a great return on this reward!

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: