Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:27:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bitcoin had 4 bubbles. Is this the 5th?
Yes - 20 (45.5%)
No - 24 (54.5%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bubble or Not?  (Read 3422 times)
zwiggel

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:58:46 PM

Bitcoin sometimes satisfy your own satisfaction. Bitcoin help many people to have their own money.

Yes, bitcoin helps a lot for me. Previously, my life was extremely miserable, however, since I knew bitcoin, I was able to make a lot of money and improve my life. My life is like a dream.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:07:38 PM

Bitcoin sometimes satisfy your own satisfaction. Bitcoin help many people to have their own money.

Yes, bitcoin helps a lot for me. Previously, my life was extremely miserable, however, since I knew bitcoin, I was able to make a lot of money and improve my life. My life is like a dream.
Increase in bitcoin prices today is very helpful to us earn much better income. Compared to the time when bitcoin prices have only low rates. Currently the price has exceeded 6000 $ and this has automatically increased our income.
Freegan

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:31:08 PM

Of course this is not a bubble. We can not compare the current behavior of bitcoin with its early stages because today it is based in a more mature ecosystem and there is a greater knowledge and acceptance of bitcoin, which gives it a greater sustainability and maturity. There may be important corrections, but we will never see the terrible scenarios of previous years again.
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:19:06 AM

Two months ago he always needed corrections (At least 50 percent ) And now we see bitcoin price all time high . We know the price will rise but gradually , Bitcoin changed lot ; I do not know bitcoin became strong? Or just a bubble?

It's indeed a strong currency and not just a bubble. Bitcoin already prove itself in the market how big it is and how far will it go and day by day we experiencing some small correction but not a downfall. Breaking its $6000 barrier is a good indication that bitcoin will not be contented in its place but rather will rise more.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:15:12 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 10:33:09 AM by Seansky

Of course this is not a bubble. We can not compare the current behavior of bitcoin with its early stages because today it is based in a more mature ecosystem and there is a greater knowledge and acceptance of bitcoin, which gives it a greater sustainability and maturity. There may be important corrections, but we will never see the terrible scenarios of previous years again.
Circumstances might be different from the past because there is a lot of changes now but what if there is someone in power manipulating bitcoin's price and is doing deals behind the curtains? If that is the case, it will be a really fatal blow to suddenly dump bitcoin when adoption rate is growing rapidly like what we see now. For this reason, I conclude that bitcoin right now might be a bubble. Circumstances might be different but I am doubting adoption rate because growth is happening too fast which is not proportional to each other.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:16:42 PM

Circumstances might be different from the past because there is a lot of changes now but what if there is someone in power manipulating bitcoin's price and is doing deals behind the curtains? If that is the case, it will be a really fatal blow to suddenly dump bitcoin when adoption rate is growing rapidly like what we see now. For this reason, I conclude that bitcoin right now might be a bubble. Circumstances might be different but I am doubting adoption rate because growth is happening too fast which is not proportional to each other.
Adoption rate is not "too fast" at all. It's very much in line with the exponential adoption rates of any disruptive technology.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:37:56 PM

In early stages of bitcoin we had sharp drops but now everything is different then ever. we will not see a bubble things again.
community is more strong then other commodities.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:40:06 PM

In early stages of bitcoin we had sharp drops but now everything is different then ever. we will not see a bubble things again.

We'll see lots of bubbles in the altcoin market. I don't think that Bitcoin will have any major crashes like the 2-3 year period after the first 1k ATH again though.
Oasisman

Activity: 2562
Merit: 547

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 01:41:18 PM

We'll see lots of bubbles in the altcoin market. I don't think that Bitcoin will have any major crashes like the 2-3 year period after the first 1k ATH again though.
You'll never know everything is so unexpected so we better expect the unexpected. The less you expect is the more it will happen so we better get ready everyday whatever will gonna happen.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 02:01:10 PM

It might be a bubble if we see it from the point of view that is not backed by real value. People are putting too much money in something that is not real appart from the internet...

HOWEVER we can look at it from a different point of view. Money is just money because people agree that it represents value. Same with Bitcoin. Where does Bitcoin value come from? from more and more people trusting in it as money or as a thing that stores value. As more and more people enter Bitcoin, more and more people are agreeing in putting value in it, until it replaces a lot of the trust and value that fiat money has now.

If we see it that way, its value is not comming from nothing (as it happens with bubbles) it comes from replacing the value that people formerly put in fiat (i.e I once have 6000 $ and now I prefer to have 1 BTC)

sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:36:43 PM

Two months ago he always needed corrections (At least 50 percent ) And now we see bitcoin price all time high . We know the price will rise but gradually , Bitcoin changed lot ; I do not know bitcoin became strong? Or just a bubble?

It's indeed a strong currency and not just a bubble. Bitcoin already prove itself in the market how big it is and how far will it go and day by day we experiencing some small correction but not a downfall. Breaking its $6000 barrier is a good indication that bitcoin will not be contented in its place but rather will rise more.
It is very difficult to determine the bubble or no bubble. A lot depends on us. Until we believe in bitcoin he can't turn into a bubble. Even if the creators of bitcoin intended it to be a bubble. We have in hand a mechanism that can change the world. And can turn into a bubble if we all hold coins in your wallet and wait that its price will continue to grow.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:52:00 PM

It might be a bubble if we see it from the point of view that is not backed by real value. People are putting too much money in something that is not real appart from the internet...

HOWEVER we can look at it from a different point of view. Money is just money because people agree that it represents value. Same with Bitcoin. Where does Bitcoin value come from? from more and more people trusting in it as money or as a thing that stores value. As more and more people enter Bitcoin, more and more people are agreeing in putting value in it, until it replaces a lot of the trust and value that fiat money has now.

If we see it that way, its value is not comming from nothing (as it happens with bubbles) it comes from replacing the value that people formerly put in fiat (i.e I once have 6000 $ and now I prefer to have 1 BTC)

Fiat doesn't have any value, that's why it's called fiat currency. The rest I agree with though.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:28:16 PM

Fiat doesn't have any value, that's why it's called fiat currency. The rest I agree with though.
That's unfair, if fiat doesn't have value then bitcoin as well other digital currencies doesn't have value. The reason is that till date bitcoin is valued in terms of fiat based on the locality or the country. It's described as single bitcoin equals certain number of USD. In this regard if USD doesn't have value how will bitcoin gets value.

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:49:45 PM

This is quite early to predict that. When Bitcoin reached the ATH of $2.8K, it declined to $1.8K after few days back in July. So Bitcoin is still isn't mature enough to be considered stable investment.
Currently it's enjoying boom period but such high pace rise may be a resultant of too much speculative activities. So situation may come that some opposed news could break this ladder and Bitcoin decline back dramatically.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:51:01 PM

This is quite early to predict that. When Bitcoin reached the ATH of $2.8K, it declined to $1.8K after few days back in July. So Bitcoin is still isn't mature enough to be considered stable investment.
Currently it's enjoying boom period but such high pace rise may be a resultant of too much speculative activities. So situation may come that some opposed news could break this ladder and Bitcoin decline back dramatically.
I didn't say it's a stable investment. It's one of the most volatile assets in existence right now. But it's unlikely that it will crash significantly for large amounts of time due to the increase in public awareness and interest.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

now a lot of bitcoin users are making the price go up, bitcoin follows the global market economy system, and therefore certainly many choose to hold a number of bitcoin versus mematsi fiat money, because the benefits of bitcoin always look keuntunganya in every year, while fiat nilanya money will increasingly downs are getting more and more worthless
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:43:39 PM

I didn't say it's a stable investment. It's one of the most volatile assets in existence right now. But it's unlikely that it will crash significantly for large amounts of time due to the increase in public awareness and interest.

No doubt it's public awareness is increasing notably. But still I feel due to continuous rise in price, a speculative layer of price has been developed around Bitcoin. This layer could easily broke if Bitcoin faces any kind of negative FUD. Hence as a result, price may decline 10-20% easily.
Also this pace of rise may meet saturation point soon enough which is much needed for long term sustainability of prices.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:01:02 PM

The last bubble was in 2013.

Bitcoin is not a classic bubble, but still be 'suspicious,' says investing expert William Bernstein
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/william-bernstein-bitcoin-is-not-a-classic-bubble.html

• William Bernstein is a neurologist who became a best-selling author on investing in the 1990s.
  • Bernstein does not believe bitcoin is a classic investing bubble because it doesn't fit all four of the criteria of manias he developed.
  • "Unless [you are] an expert on blockchain technology and bitcoin, stay away. Don't invest in things [you] don't understand," Bernstein told CNBC.

Do you think we're in the 5th bubble?

I actually liked the man for mainting the position of sitting on the fence rather than coming outrightly to either be for bitcoin or against it. On whether bitcoin is a bubble, the issue has gone beyond that point and everyone knows that even if price crash to support such theory, it will still rise again and the rising again will be more than the initial position. The believe is strong, and I don't see it stopping anytime soon.
Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:04:12 PM

In fact in present time bitcoin is really getting a good support from its investors, and they are not letting the price of bitcoin to dump. Even in very critical conditions  the users of bitcoin are not letting the price of bitcoin down but giving more support it, so that its price once gain get start increasing. in learly days people were not too much mature and that is the reason that we have seen so many bitcoin crash like situation, but hope that as now the investors are too much experienced and therefore they are not accepting any panic selling in future.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:05:43 PM

No doubt it's public awareness is increasing notably. But still I feel due to continuous rise in price, a speculative layer of price has been developed around Bitcoin. This layer could easily broke if Bitcoin faces any kind of negative FUD. Hence as a result, price may decline 10-20% easily.
Also this pace of rise may meet saturation point soon enough which is much needed for long term sustainability of prices.
A drop of 10-20% is nothing in crypto though. If Bitcoin goes up 500% and drops 20% nobody in their right mind would care about the drop. And that's what I meant when I said it won't significantly crash for long periods of time, regardless of FUD. There are too many people involved now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: