Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:41:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why dont the moderators care ?  (Read 2426 times)
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:22:16 AM

I feel that the moderators are trying to give as much freedom as possible in the forums.   It is a good thing just that we need to exercise more self control and report only the worst abusers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:24:53 AM

I feel that the moderators are trying to give as much freedom as possible in the forums.   It is a good thing just that we need to exercise more self control and report only the worst abusers.

I completely agree. It's sad that people always abuse the freedom and then wonder why the freedom is being taken away.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
worldinacoin

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:25:32 AM

I completely agree. It's sad that people always abuse the freedom and then wonder why the freedom is being taken away.

What we can do is to report this idiots to the moderators and have them dealt with.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:34:04 AM

Going back through the reports, this appears to be the post in question:
credits will only benafit people that are going to stick with it pump and dumpers wont make much / anything from it

Oh my god, I want to choke you. If people don't mine it, it ceases to exist. Blocks do not get found, transactions do not get confirmed, coins do not move. It dies. Very few people will be willing to invest time and money into a coin, that "May be worth something, someday, I think". Lower the block reward, to help it have value NOW. Now is the critical time. Later, you can ramp up Block reward, if you want.
It's very clear that this is in jest to make a point about how ignorant he thinks you are. We get plenty of reports where people are actually calling for violence, so we have plenty of experience in knowing what is okay and what isn't.

I agree with the (lack of) action taken by the moderator that marked the report as bad.

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:51:24 AM

one of the 3 posts i reported was saying about having sex with animals the whole thred has been deleted now ( not because of that thow )
Zoophilia? That's some messed up stuff you were reading.

LOL, I'm wondering why he would be reading that as well... not that I judge or anything.

the post i reported was talking about havin sex with animals in a thred about how to get 5 gpus to work on windows

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:54:11 AM

one of the 3 posts i reported was saying about having sex with animals the whole thred has been deleted now ( not because of that thow )

LOL, I'm wondering why he would be reading that as well... not that I judge or anything.

the post i reported was talking about havin sex with animals in a thred about how to get 5 gpus to work on windows

Was it in reference to a coffee table? Because if it was, I think I know the guy.

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:57:14 AM

Was it in reference to a coffee table? Because if it was, I think I know the guy.

it could have been i tryed to go back and look to find out but the whole thred is now gone

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:58:16 AM

Going back through the reports, this appears to be the post in question:
credits will only benafit people that are going to stick with it pump and dumpers wont make much / anything from it

Oh my god, I want to choke you. If people don't mine it, it ceases to exist. Blocks do not get found, transactions do not get confirmed, coins do not move. It dies. Very few people will be willing to invest time and money into a coin, that "May be worth something, someday, I think". Lower the block reward, to help it have value NOW. Now is the critical time. Later, you can ramp up Block reward, if you want.
It's very clear that this is in jest to make a point about how ignorant he thinks you are. We get plenty of reports where people are actually calling for violence, so we have plenty of experience in knowing what is okay and what isn't.

I agree with the (lack of) action taken by the moderator that marked the report as bad.

i have not reported that post so why bring it up here ?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:11:32 AM

Some insight on how I use the report system: I get the report emails and follow the links to the offending posts to check. I rarely visit the Reports page, so I surely have dealt with both accurate and inaccurate reports yet not marking them as such. I'm not sure if the forum software detects that a deletion by a moderator took place and marks the report as accurate or not, but phpbb doesn't work that way, so I'm not expecting SMF to...
raze

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:02:20 PM

I'm also not sure what a violent fret is, my guitar is very peaceful  Grin.

That's just what it wants you to think.. I hope you don't keep it in your room.

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:42:32 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 05:14:38 PM by tysat

all the mods here are the same as the ones on btce

What?
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:02:31 PM

lol, it's a sick, dark world when talking about GPU's and Windows turns into a bestiality thread.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Yuusha

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:34:17 PM

There's a big difference between saying you want to do something and that you will do something. If he had said "I know where you live. I'm going to come over there and choke you." then yeah, sure, that would be a different story. But this is just ridiculous.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:29:56 PM

IE: "Oh my god, I want to choke people who use this argument."

Poor taste in words, but harmless.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:33:30 PM

And we have complaints like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=226647.0
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:06:25 PM

And we have complaints like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=226647.0
And some like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=226678.0

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:13:16 PM

I think the mods here do alright. I was a mod at a video gaming site, and wow did it suck. It's a thankless job that you simply can't win at. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:05:35 PM

You reported no such post.

Some insight on how I use the report system: I get the report emails and follow the links to the offending posts to check. I rarely visit the Reports page, so I surely have dealt with both accurate and inaccurate reports yet not marking them as such. I'm not sure if the forum software detects that a deletion by a moderator took place and marks the report as accurate or not, but phpbb doesn't work that way, so I'm not expecting SMF to...
Deletions are marked as accurate, unless the report was already marked as bad. By the way, the report page wasn't made by SMF - it was made by theymos. Therefore, it is actually good.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:07:38 PM

Also I've NEVER seen a mod edit a post, or warn someone. I'm all for freedom of speech but cussing and swearing and threatening ... why is this allowed ? Why have mods at all then ?

Then the mods are doing a good job. Good moderation is invisible.

Deletions are detected, but not moves, etc.

If a report has already been handled by another moderator, it should be marked as Handled.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Peter Lambert

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:14:08 PM

Also I've NEVER seen a mod edit a post, or warn someone. I'm all for freedom of speech but cussing and swearing and threatening ... why is this allowed ? Why have mods at all then ?

I have seen a couple times where a mod adds big red letters "This is probably a scam, do your research" or some such warning.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: