Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:08:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency?  (Read 3626 times)
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:11:09 PM

It is widely used as an asset than a currency given its great price appreciation over the years. But still there people who believes in the great increase in the price of bitcoin given its price as of today which gives a better look that bitcoin is considered as an asset than a currency.
When we are just basing on price increase then most people would really see this stuff as an asset which even myself do see this thing too rather than on currency.I would really strongly believe the ratio of people do treat bitcoin as an asset would really be high than on those who do said on currency thing but yet if bitcoin would even more to be considered then sooner or later it would really comes to a point that it would be always used.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
azril fauzan

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:12:51 PM

Can be said both.disatakan assets because if viewed from the value of its price always up from year to year, so some investors investing in bitcoin as assets.in say currency because in some countries have received bitcoin as a medium of payment transactions
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:21:47 PM

Basically Bitcoin is a currency, and it is in fact created to be a currency used to buy and sell things online and to make trades. But as its price keep increasing highly I believe it is also an asset, and could generate us good profit by holding it for long time.
The amount of money that we have is already our assets, therefore i think there is no doubt that bitcoin is both a currency as well as our assets. Although currently we are using bitcoin as for investment and trading, but in future we can expect that bitcoin will also be use as for currency for buying and selling things.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:23:37 PM

Most of us seen bitcoin as an  Assets and we tried to take advantage of it price increases to always buy at price correlation and sell at when we see the price pump up. However we have to see bitcoin as a currency as it was made to be from beginning. We need stability for the business men to be able to adopt bitcoin as a mode of payment. If we actually what to make money from it we can be doing what we are doing but if we what bitcoin to replace fiat currency then it most be stable and has value in itself.
BunnyShibe

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:31:42 PM

Most of us seen bitcoin as an  Assets and we tried to take advantage of it price increases to always buy at price correlation and sell at when we see the price pump up. However we have to see bitcoin as a currency as it was made to be from beginning. We need stability for the business men to be able to adopt bitcoin as a mode of payment. If we actually what to make money from it we can be doing what we are doing but if we what bitcoin to replace fiat currency then it most be stable and has value in itself.
Yes we are currently using bitcoin for getting profit from it, but I think it is also used as currency and specially for online purposes, I think that in future we will even be able to use bitcoin both for online as well as for offline purposes. but I think it will take a little more time, because currently the number of bitcoin users are not enough, and it can only be possible when the bitcoin users will increase more and more.
andylowe

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:34:33 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
For me, it serve as both. It can become an asset if someone hold it for long term so it can gain profit in the future. And it can also be used as a currency if you use it to pay digitally online.
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:38:22 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
I depends on the thinking and the need of people. some people need instant profit and want to use the  profit for there daily need  for the bitccoin is just a currency. But some people invest in bitcoin and want to get high returns in future for them it is like a asset as they wait for it price to increase and become rich in future.
saif.shaikha

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

"The Best ICO with Best ROI:: Cube"

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:39:35 PM

Bitcoin as a concept is a digital currency in purist form, however unless it is accepted as a real mode of payment for buying stuff for our daily need it cannot be classified as currency in traditional sense of FIAT currencies.

We still have to go to exchanges to buy/sell bitcoins to get FIAT money to use. Therefore, bitcoin for now is just like any asset where you invest for future gains.

khanjan12

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:54:58 PM

Well for me bitcoin is a currency because it can be used as mode of payment and many other transactions and when you invest in bitcoin you will earn more profit in the future that makes bitcoin an asset.

Bitcoin's intended purpose is as a medium of exchange but it may also be used as an asset and investment. ... Whether the evidence towards investment rather than currency and thus a medium of exchange is due to the volatility of Bitcoin is a matter for future research.
Alice Nuttal

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:17:32 PM

Now, it’s more of an asset, if we speak about the legal aspects that we currently have. But, I think that it will change in some time. Although, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is a trend, it is still in the minority, but I’m sure that in some time it will change, because the idea of money and currency will change. There won’t be a need to adapt cryptos as some assets in order to use them legally. They will be perceived as real money and currencies. Now, countries are not able to fundamentally change the definition of currency, but as the crypto industry grows, they will have to.
landrizok

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:35:52 PM

Bitcoin is asset and currency,this currency an exchange.bitcoin works like currency when we want to make the transactions,and bitcoin acts like an asset when invest money on it.bitcoin creates new trend of digital currency.
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:52:52 PM

As far as I know, bitcoin is now considered as an asset and a payment method in some country. It's a very long way for bitcoin to be a currency.
In my opinion, bitcoin maybe is considered as a payment method but not asset now Smiley.. U can trade, send, and give bitcoin and they now depend on USD or some "currency".. We determind "asset value" by BTC not BTC value = anything like Gold, Silver, Oil... Smiley
For me, bitcoin belongs to both. It is a virtual currency or an electronics money and it is also an asset, if the bitcoin is not yet in your wallet so its right to call it as a currency circulated over the internet and if the time comes that you already earned, buy or generally you own bitcoin then it will become an asset, as we know that asset are those everything that has a precious value and can be convertible to cash.

Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:05:44 PM

As far as I know, bitcoin is now considered as an asset and a payment method in some country. It's a very long way for bitcoin to be a currency.
In my opinion, bitcoin maybe is considered as a payment method but not asset now Smiley.. U can trade, send, and give bitcoin and they now depend on USD or some "currency".. We determind "asset value" by BTC not BTC value = anything like Gold, Silver, Oil... Smiley
For me, bitcoin belongs to both. It is a virtual currency or an electronics money and it is also an asset, if the bitcoin is not yet in your wallet so its right to call it as a currency circulated over the internet and if the time comes that you already earned, buy or generally you own bitcoin then it will become an asset, as we know that asset are those everything that has a precious value and can be convertible to cash.
Definitely right.Bitcoin is considered the top leading digital currency,but it doesn't stop there.Bitcoin nowadays is more on an asset or an investment as many people are craving for it to earn even only one bitcoin.Its value is definitely much higher than the value of gold,plus the fact that its market price keeps on increasing making it reached almost $10k before the end of this year.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
lukmankhan25

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:15:35 PM

how to stabilize btc while the demand is getting more and more years ?, an item more and more are looking for the price will also rise, just like bitcoin. and bitcoin printed only 21 million
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:18:24 PM

Definitely right.Bitcoin is considered the top leading digital currency,but it doesn't stop there.Bitcoin nowadays is more on an asset or an investment as many people are craving for it to earn even only one bitcoin.Its value is definitely much higher than the value of gold,plus the fact that its market price keeps on increasing making it reached almost $10k before the end of this year.

Have you ever seen a major currency or payment system that scales as badly as bitcoin? That has such high fee's for microtransactions?
Bitcoin is imho not a currency no more, not in it's current state.
Lalafell

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:25:38 PM

Well, its depend how you will used it because some people prefer to used it as asset than currency. In addition to that, I prefer to used it as currency where I can buy some stuff by using it. Lastly, I think bitcoin will become our world currency where it will accept in all kind of transactions.
simantobd

Activity: 162
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:37:26 PM

bitcoin is both for me.I used it for asset also use as a currency.when i hold bitcoin it is asset for me.
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:40:57 PM

I think bitcoin be both because, the assets can be digital currency like bitcoin in the academy environment there are still many people who do not know the benefits of picking and playing bitcoin therefore they still do not agree.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:45:36 PM

Well, its depend how you will used it because some people prefer to used it as asset than currency. In addition to that, I prefer to used it as currency where I can buy some stuff by using it. Lastly, I think bitcoin will become our world currency where it will accept in all kind of transactions.

Yeah you are right it will be depend on how we use it we can pay bitcoin as a mode of payment and also we can hold it for long time to get a high profits like assets.I am seeing it as asset because i think it will make my future rich if i simply hold the bitcoins.And panned to to mining also make mt earnings more but feared that the miners receive less rewards nowadays.
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:53:15 PM

I think bitcoin is more of an asset/investment rather than a currency. In my opinion it cannot be treated as a currency due to the value's instability that a country cannot rely on it. It is an asset due to its ability to appreciate in time that when you invest on it you can expect a hight return of investment.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: