Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:55:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency?  (Read 3626 times)
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:26:34 AM

Bitcoin could be used as both asset and a currency in terms of  being a form of cryptocurreny. But the choice is always dependent on the perspective  of an individual with the views they have on Bitcoin. For people, they tend to used Bitcoin as a form of currency on transaction in such way to evade the process on fiat where Bitcoin technically promises a much more faster and reliable transaction. But for most, Bitcoin is a form of asset that could be used on investment to gain profit and to extend the cspañbity of their money to grow.
Yes i agree on that bitcoin is a currency that can really be used as an asset of gaining i believe that bitcoin is really amazing and we can really gain on it if we used it as an asset of gaining bitcoin is now getting more exciting because it is now really getting more profitable because it i popular and the modern world with the used of internet will continue to promote the  amazing features of bitcoin.

People need to wake up and stop thinking in fiat. This obsession for "cashing out" is absolutely ridiculous. I spend bitcoin directly there are some market here that support it. THere are quite a number of different places that accept bitcoin. It's really picking up and I love it. Just the ease of use and the fact that it is a strong currency makes everything better.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:55:27 AM

For me it is more of an asset now than currency because i barely spend them. Gone were the days when i was transferring them and spending on reckless gambling every now and then but times have changed and i have learnt to save my bitcoins for the future now that its on mass adoption globally.
kangbasir

Activity: 394
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:19:38 AM

If I choose both because in bitcoin is a valuable asset and digital currency for him to get transactions and have freedom Cool
caloy06

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:32:04 AM

Ask for me bitcoin is my asset from now because bitcoin is my solution if I have financial problem in my expences at home.Asset is important because if you have asset to your profit it is good for your currency.If u have asset it is possible you can get more currency and can be save currency until in increase.
ridgeview123

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:44:38 AM

This is similar to a question that asks "is cash an asset or a currency". When you hold it with expectation of appreciation, it's more of an asset. If you use it to exchange for things you need, it is an currency. Simple like that.
ringgo96

Activity: 1568
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 04:50:48 AM

This is similar to a question that asks "is cash an asset or a currency". When you hold it with expectation of appreciation, it's more of an asset. If you use it to exchange for things you need, it is an currency. Simple like that.
that asset that I know of our ownership of the rights we get. with that asset already belongs to us, but the currency is quite different, if the money is enough we need for a medium of exchange is not for us to save such an important asset, such as land.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Prem.Soorajpaul

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

0xB911101025014BfCaA3B17BC7683C0817489bB28

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:00:32 AM

It is very good question and there are very different views among community. Actually, it is  known as currency and it had given very good return in last few year and going up and up. There is lots of gap b/w demand and supply so people have start to consider it as a asset. But my point of view, it's still a currency and it can go anywhere up and down.

#dhabitamartha

Activity: 673

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:06:11 AM

in my mind and brain the first bitcoin is the currency as well as transactions in his life as a global transaction that can for mutual agreement between two parties as bitcoin itself as virtual currency in cyberspace and as a mutual agreement if made in the investment of course it can be just like diamonds or gold but we can only see the value is not the actual form at this time
Amilhussin24

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:10:37 AM

I think we can say bitcoin is an asset and a currency too. For example I have a bitcoin worth of 5000.00 pesos on my cellphone which is inside of the bitcoin wallet application, that's an asset whose magnitude is 5000.00 pesos. And if we talk about currency, it is how we measure how much of an asset we have. asset and currency, they are functionally different, but we can described bitcoin as an asset and a currency.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:26:51 AM

I think we can say bitcoin is an asset and a currency too. For example I have a bitcoin worth of 5000.00 pesos on my cellphone which is inside of the bitcoin wallet application, that's an asset whose magnitude is 5000.00 pesos. And if we talk about currency, it is how we measure how much of an asset we have. asset and currency, they are functionally different, but we can described bitcoin as an asset and a currency.
Yes  i agree on that bitcoin is a currency,a digital currency that can be used as an asset of gaining a huge amount of profit and it is really a great way to help our self to become more prudent on maming some good decision in the near future we can really put a basis on everything that we do in this currency we can really  gain a huge amount of profit.
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:39:15 AM

currently there are still many countries that make a ban in terms of transactions using virtual currencies such as bitcoin and included in my country because every citizen who settled and have domicile in my country must make a transaction with an existing currency is a fiat currency that is already official. but if only for an investment of course there is no prohibition imposed in my country because it is the right priogratip on every individual of each country as long as it does not make a sale and purchase transactions in the form of goods or anything by using bitcoin. so I think that's the reason why I prefer bitcoin as an asset to invest.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:02:45 AM

It both, since it can be use for trading, making payment and paying bills it currency, but the same time it came be saved for future uses that making it an asset.
rohanpandav

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:03:51 AM

Bitcoin is a currency as it'll get accepted in many places soon!
DimaS1574

Activity: 448
Merit: 140

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:51:18 AM

It depends on your attitude to bitcoin and what strategy do you use, If you  have several bitcoins and take money of rise valu  (get interest)  - it is an asset, if  you just use bitcoin to buy anything -  it is money

It just only my mind
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:36:49 PM

for me bitcoin is a non currency asset. because if the currency, we can only save and the price will never change. but bitcoins have often changed prices. and if stored or invested we can get a big profit, because bitcoin has a fluctuating price movement.
charlie_cutie2002

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:01:42 PM

Bitcoin is an asset because many people are very much in formed about it.It us also a best way to have easy income.
cherryscarlett

Activity: 238

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:05:21 PM

I think bitcoin can only be an asset.
BTC because there still exist many problems, such as the transfer speed is slow, high transfer fees, block the problem such as congestion, then these problems led to the BTC is not suitable for as exists in the form of currency.

Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:09:24 PM

Bitcoin is both asset and currency but it is true that bitcoin is still not a legal currency in any part of the world. Also In some of the countries where bitcoin have got legal status as only asset and not as currency.

But many people are also using bitcoin just as currency to pay for their daily expenses wherever they will find merchants accepting bitcoin payments.

yeah for me it's both. we can say it is a currency because we can encahs it ang use it  like currency. we can use it to buy things or use it to pay for our bills and support us financially. it can be also called an asst because we can use it as an investment, so if it is an investment we call call it as an asset. so for me both. but anyway either way, bitcoin us an opportunity for us to ean extra money.
maxim196897

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:11:58 PM

In my opinion bitcoin is an asset that receive a high profit, bitcoins easily converted to cash. To become currency.
Gunawan82

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

when I have Bitcoin, I will keep it and will not be used as a tool to make transactions, because I think Bitcoin is a valuable asset.
and again in my country Bitcoin can not be used as a tool to make transactions..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: