Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 11:15:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency?  (Read 3626 times)
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:20:48 PM

For me it is both asset and currency,because as we search about the meaning of bitcoin,it is a digital currency which we can use to buy online products if we don't sell it. An asset also because all things with value is we can say an asset,and bitcoin has a value and we can say that it is. No matter what is bitcoin we are happy that it has a big help to us to earn money.

You are absolutely right on point man. Bitcoin, even with the ideologies that satoshi nakamoto himself(or the team behind bitcoin) that is aiming for a great currency to be used in the future to change the world in a good way, people have labelled it as an asset also since clearly, it is increasing in price and can really be a great storage of value. Which is not that bad at all since it can be both if we use it and not just hold it forever.
supandi wiharja

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

Earn crypto for being contacted

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:44:03 PM

For me bitcoin is a future asset.
Because until whenever the use of bitcoin will never replace the recognized currency as a legitimate payment system in my country.
So i think bitcoin is more appropriately called investment assets in digital form or called digital assets.

alkiw21

Activity: 344

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:47:32 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

I think bitcoin is both. Bitcoin can be a currency and an asset. Sometimes I also like to be confused to compare this. I think it depends on each individual look like what is a bitcoin. So this I do not think need to worry. Anyway, we continue to use bitcoin as we want it to be.
adekunleoyediran

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:50:20 PM

i consider bitcoin as an asset and currency because the value keeps increasing and can also be an asset because it determines net-worth
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:20:13 AM

Bitcoin can be an asset for the future. because with bitcoin we can save for long term investment, such as investment in the form of gold, land, property, insurance, pension, and others.

I agree with you that bitcoin can be an asset  because we can hold it for a long time.and thay considers an asset, long term investment of the bitcoin but sometimes I consider bitcoin also as a currency as I can convert it to cash anytime.and spend it for my daily needs . So I think it can be both, it is just depends on how we use it.
sagatel

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:08:00 AM

Unfortunately, bitcoin is now valued only because of the unstable price. He's the perfect coin for speculation. A stable price will kill bitcoin.

bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:32:40 AM

Bitcoin is born as a currency but recently some US judge declared crypto as a commodity.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:46:58 PM

I do not know but i think at this moment many people treat BTC as kind of asset to invest like stock. but in the future, when the market is more stable, BTC will become the official currency of the world
It's indeed as you said and regardless of what picture  the Wall Street guys and professors may have painted of  Bitcoin, what's fact is that Bitcoin doubles as an asset because we're already investing in it and making handsome profits. Nonetheless, we're also able to buy and sell with Bitcoin though the scope is being hampered by instability in price.

At any rate, as the popularity and adoption of Bitcoin remains on the increase, we would likely get to that point where many more merchants would embrace Bitcoin an create the enabling environment for its price to stabilize.
safarabela

Activity: 353
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:53:38 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

Bitcoin can be considered as a currency or an asset, depending on the angle they see bitcoin. Bitcoin as currency because bitcoin can be used as a tool for transactions, bitcoin can also be called an asset because the value of bitcoin continues to increase.
claydeey

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:15:00 PM

Technically speaking Bitcoin is a currency but it could also be described as an asset because an asset is defined as something valuable or useful and bitcoin is very useful and definitely valuable.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
Roderzrax

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:40:55 PM

Request me bitcoin is my benefit from now in light of the fact that bitcoin is my answer in the event that I have monetary issue in my expences at home.Asset is vital in light of the fact that in the event that you have advantage for your benefit it is useful for your currency.If u have resource it is conceivable you can get more money and can be spare cash until in increment.
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:54:51 PM

personally, bitcoin for me is an asset where this asset for the future will be very good, of course with the present technology and the upcoming bitcoin will support all these digital and virtual activities, it's just that there are still some people who consider this bitcoin just for some time without seeing the potential that can be obtained.

tesmark07

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:03:02 PM

I think it almost a currency.. We all know that bitcoin is a digital currency and some people are using it for buying stuff or changed it to real money for their financial and daily need.
MZMARY

Activity: 125
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:08:14 PM

Undoubtedly, bitcoin is like a currency, but many states still can not recognize it, they have tough reasons for this, in 2-3 years we will buy only the crypto currency bitcoin
EdfuJihad

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:26:41 PM

Definitely it can be function both of the choices.  But for now bitcoin is an asset for many people cause it is not still recognized as a currency majority of the other countries. Because of its personal usage for growth in your own wealth it is an asset for us.  I hope someday it can be recognized as a currency.
bitcointodayand

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 06:14:09 PM

An asset is something that brings money and while it grows, its status will not change. I think that it is necessary to either stop it or not to transfer it into ordinary money.

ariscan

Activity: 131

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:29:59 PM

can be said so, because bitcoin can make money. while the asset is if we invest to buy coins at a low price it's called an asset and can be sold when the price is high.
Stac

Activity: 419

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:55:26 PM

Bitcoin is considered both as an asset and as a currency, due to mass adoption of bitcoins the value of bitcoins keeps on increasing and so is the demand for bitcoins which makes it more precious than any other asset as there are more potential for the prices to increase it can be considered as a good asset and if you invest now on bitcoins there are more chances for the investors to gain from the bitcoin technology due to hike in the price of bitcoins. Bitcoins are also used as a digital currency now a days many online stores are providing products and services in exchange of bitcoins, certain hotels, restaurants and even some Universities in United States have started accepted bitcoins as tuition fees.

Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:02:52 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 06:38:46 PM by Epimetheus

Bitcoin is considered both as an asset and as a currency, due to mass adoption of bitcoins the value of bitcoins keeps on increasing and so is the demand for bitcoins which makes it more precious than any other asset as there are more potential for the prices to increase it can be considered as a good asset and if you invest now on bitcoins there are more chances for the investors to gain from the bitcoin technology due to hike in the price of bitcoins. Bitcoins are also used as a digital currency now a days many online stores are providing products and services in exchange of bitcoins, certain hotels, restaurants and even some Universities in United States have started accepted bitcoins as tuition fees.
Bitcoin is both an asset and a currency.People hold Bitcoin for the future as they expect their would be a rise in price and they will earn a lot of money from that.People use Bitcoin in the day to day transactions as it is easy to carry any amount of Bitcoins in the Bitcoin wallet.It is preferred over gold for investment purposes as it gives a lot of profit in a shorter period of time.Bitcoin is getting very famous and has established itself very well in the market.
ParveZ219

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:07:18 PM

Bitcoins can be used as both and it is its speciality...even in these i am watching that in the morning bitcoins price falls and at night it again rises...so it can be a good trade option besides
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: