Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:18:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency?  (Read 3626 times)
Wylie330

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

New Era of Freelancing

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:15:20 PM

Both. A currency in the crypto world since it was used as a gateway to buy other coins/tokens. Meanwhile, It is an asset because it has an economic value and can be own. But in the real world, Bitcoin is considered as a speculative asset because it involves a high risk of loss in return for a possible huge gain.

[ PAYPERBLOCK ] NEW ERA OF FREELANCING POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN 
█  [ ANN ] [ Website ] [ WP ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ YouTube ] [ Linkedin ]
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:36:40 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
Actually, Bitcoin is also suitable as a currency. But because of the changing value of Bitcoin in such a short time, it becomes very difficult to make Bitcoin a currency. Maybe if the Bitcoin price is stable Bitcoin certainly can be used as a currency even as the most valuable investment assets.

It has no doubt bitcoin is a digital currency but some people take it as a asset its up to us but i'd like to say it is created for crypto so it is  crypt currency in worldwide . Bitcoin is a section of crypto . Initially its based on as a currency but people are mostly using it as a commodity for trading purpose.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:43:16 PM

personally, bitcoin for me is an asset where this asset for the future will be very good, of course with the present technology and the upcoming bitcoin will support all these digital and virtual activities, it's just that there are still some people who consider this bitcoin just for some time without seeing the potential that can be obtained.

Bitcoin is really an asset before when it was not popular that much back in the past months, the value of bitcoins is just $13 and no one is really interested on investing, then now the time comes that bitcoins price grow in a huge amount and everyone is already interested so it became a currency now a days.
playerbtc

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:33:06 AM

Bitcoin is both an asset and a currency. Yes, its a currency in form of its virtual existence. Bitcoin is not just an any asset its an asset which can easily exchanged to cash r
Or into any other asset or financial asset crpyto-currencies.
Its not anly an currency which is an asset. BITCOIN is a system which runs the whole system of anything by its own way. Like the way a society which is creat be human beings. But when it forms into a system it runs by its own.
Ian11

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:11:33 AM

I think is both, Currency because it is a kind of crypto currency that convertable into different currencies like pesos or dollars, so it become asset because you  earn and own it.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:17:21 AM

Bitcoin is both a benefit and a money. Indeed, its a money in type of its virtual presence. Bitcoin isn't only an any advantage its a benefit which can without much of a stretch traded to money.
Or on the other hand into some other resource or money related resource crpyto-monetary forms.
Its not just a money which is an advantage. BTC is a framework which runs the entire arrangement of anything by its own particular manner. Like the way a general public which is make be individuals. In any case, when it frames into a framework it keeps running by its own.
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:24:01 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

Bitcoin concept maybe for replacing currency that not controlled by any institution. But when bitcoin price rising and can give gain more than 1000%, many people treat bitcoin as investment. Beside that, to replace fiat as currency, its a lot effort to make it, so its better for me to treat bitcoin as investment
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:26:40 AM

personally, bitcoin for me is an asset where this asset for the future will be very good, of course with the present technology and the upcoming bitcoin will support all these digital and virtual activities, it's just that there are still some people who consider this bitcoin just for some time without seeing the potential that can be obtained.

Bitcoin is really an asset before when it was not popular that much back in the past months, the value of bitcoins is just $13 and no one is really interested on investing, then now the time comes that bitcoins price grow in a huge amount and everyone is already interested so it became a currency now a days.
first, people see bitcoin as a currency, because it has a price that is not so high. but, when the price gets so high, people start to think that bitcoin is a very good investment tool, and that's an asset in the future.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
xamxam

Activity: 409

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:33:48 AM

For me bitcoin is an asset and a currency as they define itself, we all know that it is a digital currency and that, they have their own value. Asset is a thing that we owned having a value. S i can say that bitcoin is a currency and an asset too.
pdutta
Copper Member

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 08:26:25 AM

According to me that Both of them is an asset and a currency. People have hold bitcoin and keep it stored for long term as expected the value of bitcoin will be rising and they will be getting a good return. Bitcoin is a digital currency. Nowadays many online stores are providing products and services in exchange of bitcoin.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:32:42 AM

It has features of both, we cannot say exactly what it is as it is something new and revolutionary, and cannot be compared to anything.
Vinz2017

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:35:31 AM

Bitcoin is an asset because it value continue to rise every year despite of being volatility everyday.
kyucryp

Activity: 420

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:40:55 AM

in my opinion, for now bitcoin is more accurately referred to as an asset than the currency. because the majority of bitcoin users only for the trade and investment. As for buying and selling, everyone uses the currency that already exists today in accordance with the currency of each country

ahiaba.john@yahoo.com

Activity: 365

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:03:48 AM

Call bitcoin whatever name it remain an asset. This is because it is used for trading and a lot of people are making good amount of money by holding. More and more people will keep investing in bitcoin to make lifes. Any investment is an asset.

svetochka.yakovleva.93

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:18:03 AM

I think this is more active, but you can also calculate the currency to some extent because it is a digital currency that you can pay for it and have the same profit as an asset.
Moneypham5

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:20:34 AM

Bitcoin can not be a commodity, because it does not solve a human problem, Bitcoin is not an asset because it does not generate cash flow in the future. I think that Bitcoin has generated cash flow because it can lend Bitcoin and collect interest, making a profit, this process takes place, turning Bitcoin into a loan and this loan is considered is the property. From the above arguments, I think that electronic currencies have more traits closer to the currency than the kinds of assets or commodities.
JoshuaBlack1

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:23:33 AM

I think it's a bit of both, hence the reason regulators are struggling so much I think. It displays characteristics of both in my opinion 

maianh09

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:26:18 AM

Bitcoin is like a currency, it is more practiced as FIAT, but it continues accepted in the crypto community. More and more countries have shopping malls that accept Bitcoin as a form of payment instead of FIAT so that we can treat it as a currency.
Caesar Cung

Activity: 181

Industry 4.0 is called Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:38:55 AM

Bitcoin is like a currency, it is more practiced as FIAT, but it continues accepted in the crypto community. More and more countries have shopping malls that accept Bitcoin as a form of payment instead of FIAT so that we can treat it as a currency.
I'm not an anarchist or even much of a libertarian. I do find the idea of a truly global cash-like, low-fee, border-permeable exchange medium decoupled from government policy and corporate oversight to be pretty appealing, although I see it as a complement rather than a replacement for government fiat currency.

Whether Bitcoin is just the first draft of that exchange medium or it's the longterm answer, I have no idea. My suspicion is the former outcome, but I'm happy to have thrown a bit of disposable income into a speculative bet on the latter. While I think the odds are somewhat good that my investment's future value is 0, the potential nonzero value makes it an attractive commodity to buy into in a small way.

Because of that upside potential, I think everybody who has the means should hold at least one, and if you're in as an investor, it makes sense to buy more as needed for use in the burgeoning Bitcoin economy.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
sashulya7979

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:47:40 AM

I think that bitcoin is an asset rather than a currency because if you compare it with the currency that is always stable on a daily basis, the asset always does not stand still.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: