Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 05:14:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency?  (Read 3626 times)
webosftw

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:38:38 PM

In my opinion a bitcoin is a currency. You can trade bitcoin instead of cash. Bitcoin is not your property as it can disappear instantly. You see bitcoin as a buy and sell item. You never store it. bitcoin.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1442
Merit: 547

dont be greedy

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 10:43:30 PM

I am more inclined to say that Bitcoin is an asset, and not a currency
if Bitcoin is used for buying and selling affairs, I think it is very unsuitable, because its value is up and down too extreme
this is very dangerous, because the risk of depreciation of currency values can happen anytime
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:22:53 AM

Bitcoin is basically a digital currency used as a means of payment in the world of Crypto. But now many bitcoin that use as a place for investment, although with high risk. so depending on how we want to use it, because of the core bitcoin the only tool.
In my opinion, you can treat bitcoin in both the ways as this is having the qualities of both a currency as well as an asset. For now, people are taking it as an asset as they are holding most of their bitcoins but with the passage of time, we will also be able to use it for the sake of buying the things as well as spending too. It depends on you, the way you use your bitcoin will help you in naming it as an asset or currency.
FalcoonRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:58:53 AM

for currency, bitcoin so far can not, I think bitcoin is an asset in the world of virtual money because bitcoin can be used for long-term investments at an uncertain price.
19spawnfeed

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:33:58 PM

for currency, bitcoin so far can not, I think bitcoin is an asset in the world of virtual money because bitcoin can be used for long-term investments at an uncertain price.

Bitcoin is an asset, because Bitcoins are not to use as a currency, but to either speculate on their asset value or use them to shield transactions from others. Without a stable value Bitcoin cannot truly be a currency. Rather it is a commodity asset that one trades, like gold or silver, in hopes that its value will rise and yield a trading profit. There is nothing wrong with speculation and the actions of speculators help to add market liquidity and to determine the market value of assets. However, usually the asset being valued also has an actual underlying use, you can invest in gold or use it to make jewelry or electronic components. Bitcoins have no uses other than allowing people to hide wealth, conceal (often illegal) transactions, and make and lose money by trading them.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:21:45 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

In my opinion, bitcoin can be an asset and currency because bitcoin can be used as payment and can also be an investment asset for our future.

You can call bitcoins as an asset before because the price is really low back in 2013 and no one is interested on investing because the value looks like does not have the chance to grow so do not make the wrong choice today and invest a huge amount of price.
siddu1

Activity: 274

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:28:31 PM

Bitcoin is an asset as well as a cryptocurrency.bitcoin is not only a cryptocurrency but also a valuable investment. we can get a good amount of profits from this investment.that's why we can say that Bitcoin is an asset as well as a currency.
HarikGow

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:03:29 AM

How do we value currency? How do we know a single dollar bill is really worth that? The answer is quite simple because the government says so. One dollar is worth one dollar only as long as the government is willing, and able to defend its value, but before it gets to the point when the government needs to step in to defend its currency
Pier7

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:14:40 AM

I guess, for me, it is both an asset and a currency. It is a currency that is used to pay in exchange of goods and services to some merchants that accepts bitcoin as payment. However, it is also considered as an asset because of the high volatility of its price that can go high up that you can get huge profits from it.
Bruce1614

Activity: 144
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:20:31 AM

Bitcoin was proposed to be a cash, yet at the present time, it is in truth being dealt with as a benefit far in excess of a money. Beyond any doubt there are individuals out there who are really purchasing stuff utilizing bitcoins, however generally, individuals are simply putting resources into it so they can exchange or hold until the point when it increments in cost. It's not an awful thing, and it would not benefit from outside intervention either since this is the pattern that bitcoin developed upon.
Corcoran

Activity: 104

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:52:34 AM

I think if bitcoin is not just an asset, but also a currency. That's because bitcoin is now widely used to conduct transactions online or offline
pharaon

Activity: 753

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:59:41 AM

As we see, at the moment, bitcoin can be used absolutely differently. Some people use it for profit, someone to save the cost, and someone as a means of payment. Personally, I do not have bitcoin at the moment, but I would not buy anything for it at the moment, as I understand its value.
fxsurfer

Activity: 274
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:02:31 AM

Bitcoin is neither an asset nor a currency, it is a Ponzi scheme: https://cryptofraud.wordpress.com/
evitasi

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:03:23 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
as far as I know bitcoin can be called an asset because bitcoin so far is considered able to accommodate people's treasures in the form of investment, but I can not say that bitcoin is the currency because it does not have an absolute unit of measurement
Bountyhunter01

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:04:57 AM

Bitcoin is a good assets and a good currency.
gtx1060aa

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:06:00 AM

Again at the G20 summit it was clearly stated that bitcoin and other altcoyins are not a currency and can not be taken into circulation in the country / large corporations
CJPEREZ

Activity: 121

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:11:05 AM

Bitcoin is a best coin to hold for the future. Because bitcoin is can make very useful in the country for use as payment system for online store. The bitcoin is an asset for a crypto earner and as a trader. In the future of bitcoin i know it can make as a currency in different country.
Omparkash72
Copper Member

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 11:49:22 AM

It can be both an asset and currency in future, but right now it is an asset people are investing in Bitcoin for their long term gain, some people are investing for the betterment of their future.today we cannot use as a currency because we cannot do payment for our daily needs,for paying tax etc etc. So I think right now it is an asset.

Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1890
Merit: 370

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:19:13 PM

I think bitcoin is much better treated as an asset rather than a currency, because bitcoin is like an investment, it fluctuates day by day. However it will not be wise to treat it as a currency , because  bitcoin is not stable, and having a currency that is not stable can greatly affect an economy in a bad way, so it is best to make bitcoin as an asset rather than a currency.
jaylhynne018

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:21:08 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
i think it is a currency because bitcoin is a crypto currency and it can be exchange to a true money so bitcoin is can be called a currency.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: