Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:51:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency?  (Read 3626 times)
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:59:03 AM

Bitcoin will be currency in the future, maybe after last coin will be mined

Woolles890

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:08:12 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
I think Bitcoin is more suitable for investment assets than currency. Because if used as an investment asset, Bitcoin can be very profitable for its users but has a very big risk as well. But if used as currency, Bitcoin value must be stable first. If the value of Bitcoin is still up and down, I think it is not suitable to be used as currency.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:32:49 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
People have a different view regarding on this question. Base on my knowledge, bitcoin is equally a currency and an asset. Bitcoin can be used as an asset because it has the aptitude to be traded for properties and the worth which can dump or pump. Bitcoin also a currency it can be used to conduct a transaction and pay for some stuff and amenities anyplace in the world
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:40:13 AM

for me bitcoin is asset. cause i earn it and i sell it when it have high price. i never use cryptocurrent as payment here.
bitcoin is digital asset, if you have you can sell and get profit from it. but, it can be use for currency, if any some people make some deal with the other and make payment with crypto, it mean is currency

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Rarahumaira

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:28:02 PM

If i have Bitcoin, I will keep it and will not be used as a tool to make transactions, because I think Bitcoin is a valuable asset.
and again in my country Bitcoin can not be used as a tool to make transactions..
nano77

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:01:02 PM

I think, bitcoin can be used for both as an asset and as a currency but I see bitcoin more used as an asset to grow bitcoin and to earn money
Lady Ong

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:37:30 PM

as of today we can cal it currency but when it's globally accepted then it can be come asset.
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:45:29 PM

In my opinion, it can be considered as digital currency and an asset which can be usedas mode of payment in stores or online stores. However, since Bitcoin have controversies that some countries did not accepted Bitcoin and in Accounting rules, Bitcoin is not part of asset in a Balance sheet. Maybe soon that Internal Accounting Standards (IAS) will consider Bitcoin as cash in Asset section as Cash and cash equivalents or part of Investment.
samantadegrenet

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:48:02 PM

I think the bitcoin is an asset and not a currency. It is not at all easy to use as a currency while it is suitable for investment.
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:21:10 PM

The bitcoin plays both role in the society, they can be an asset to obtain the bright future that you are dreaming for and currency that can be used in all kinds or means of commercial transactions or trade.
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:59:21 PM

The bitcoin plays both role in the society, they can be an asset to obtain the bright future that you are dreaming for and currency that can be used in all kinds or means of commercial transactions or trade.
Bitcoin asset that will develop and will bring them more cash. Like that real state, we can consider that is an asset. Bitcoin is an asset that increases high benefit and can easily to convert to cash. Bitcoin is not a currency the fact that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency has a real value and have unstable value. Toward the end, it will depend on you which you think bitcoin asset or currency. 
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:04:16 PM

I will say Bitcoin is an asset and currency and this depends on the country of usage. Most of the countries accept Bitcoin as an asset and few accepted as currency. Expecting more countries to adopt Bitcoin as currency within 2020. The concept of Bitcoin is to serve as a currency which is a replacement for paper currency and that will be possible by demand and future acceptance by nations.

wave1002012

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:09:26 PM

I think the bitcoin is an asset and not a currency. It is not at all easy to use as a currency while it is suitable for investment.

I believe it can be an asset and can be currency. An asset because it can be use as business through trading in the stock market and a currency because it a new kind of money where some business start to accept as payment.
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:11:06 PM

in my country it's better to treat it like an asset, because govt will ban and arrest people who used it for currency and that's already happening in some of part of nation like BALI,
Remat34

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:12:24 PM

We can say it goes either way round. It is atype of currency referred to as crypto. Looking at it in the long term, it can be seen as an asset in the long run
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:16:37 PM

Presently, bitcoin is an asset which is heading towards being a currency. Firstly, bitcoin is not accepted everywhere and is not even legalised in some countries. To be a currency it has to gain acceptance.
Also, the main feature of a currency is its stability. A stable currency shows a strong market. Whereas, Bitcoin is too volatile.
Bitcoin currently is used for trading and as an investment but has the potential to be a currency by being accepted in some companies as a mode of payment.
mafitjulit

Activity: 64
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:18:13 PM

The currency is not at the G20 summit it was clearly said that the Crypto currency is not a currency or a way of payment, it was also said that the use is not prohibited, so it can be an asset
pletnevihor

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:25:05 PM

Since Bitcoin works correctly only about the full consent of all users, changing the protocol can be very difficult and will require the adoption of changes by the vast majority of users, so that the rest of the users will have nothing else but to follow them.
mikomiki

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:47:07 PM

There are 2 big problems with bitcoin as a currency. Its value is unstable and its transaction is too slow. Bitcoins are not to use as a currency, but to either speculate on their asset value or use them to shield transactions from others.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:53:03 PM

Mostly people at the current time, use bitcoin as an investment but in reality bitcoin was made to be treated as a currency which should be used in the sale and purchase of goods. Since not many people use bitcoins these days , therefore those you have bitcoin has no options but just to use it as an investment purpose.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: