Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:08:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency?  (Read 3626 times)
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:05:57 PM

Bitcoin can be said both the asset and the currency, because many things can be done with bitcoin, for bitcoin transactions is certainly better than real money, while for the asset is certainly better than traditional assets because keep bitcoin does not big expenses.
Harley Quinn

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:08:21 PM

In my opinion since we can purchase things more and more with Bitcoin now it definitely seems way more like a currency than just an asset. It is more than just an asset.
letzdodiz

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:23:53 PM

It can be an asset and a currency at the same time. But the thing that bitcoin's value is getting lower and lower, it xan be a bad investment for an asset.
addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:33:00 PM

It depends on the situation of the person what he will choose if he will select bitcoin as an asset or a currency. If he picks bitcoin as an asset to gain money and to become the next wealthy person with the help of Bitcoin or he chooses a currency to use for transacting colossal money anonymously or buy some things anonymously. You can use bitcoin in numerous ways, or you can do both sides of asset or currency.
predictors

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:43:48 PM

For me, I believev it could serve as both asset and a currency in terms of  being a form of cryptocurreny. But the choice is always dependent on the perspective  of an individual with the views they have on Bitcoin. For people, they tend to used Bitcoin as a form of currency on transaction in such way to evade the process on fiat where Bitcoin technically promises a much more reliable transaction.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:50:34 PM

Bitcoin can be used as a currency. But there is no doubt most of the people know bitcoin as an asset. Just look at the threads have been made in this forum. Which one is being discussed more? Most of the people are talking about price changes and holding. I personally want bitcoin to be used for daily buys and sells. But I am holding bitcoin. I have invested in bitcoin and I am waiting for the price to rise.
waqasniaz007

Activity: 406
Merit: 121

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:09:23 PM

The statistical properties of bitcoin and find that it is essentially uncorrelated with traditional asset classes such as stocks, bonds and commodities, both in normal times and in periods of financial turmoil.
twitami1

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:16:58 PM

I, at the risk of provoking an increase in indignation, I will argue that bitcoin is not an asset at all, but a currency. Accordingly, you can not determine the value of the latter or invest in it, you can only determine the price of the currency and trade it.
multimix

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:35:04 PM

I like Bitcoin because it is a great asset to the growth of which you can earn. Bitcoin also became the beginning of the development of digital currencies and the basis for the trading with altcoins.
OnlyTomorrow

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:44:02 PM

Bitcoin can be considered as an asset cause its value to people. But it is no way near currency.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:45:35 PM

For me, it is both an asset and a currency. An asset in a sense that it serves as an investment for me due to the limited supply and the ongoing rising demand which results to its price increasing breaking its former highs. Also, it is a currency since I use it to pay and do transactions mostly in the cyberworld. A currency for me is something that you pay in exchange for goods or services.
John Snow

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:46:49 AM

I think that is a currency since you can use that for payments for various services. For traders I believe even USD or EURO is believed to be asset.
taeyang_123

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:48:09 AM

In my opinoin. Bitcoin was intended to be a currency, but right now, it is in fact being treated as an asset way more than a currency. Sure there are people out there who are actually buying stuff using bitcoins, but mostly, people are just investing in it so they can trade or hold until it increases in price. It's not a bad thing, and it can't be helped either since this is the trend that bitcoin grew upon.
Haneul

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:48:43 AM

Bitcoin is both asset and currency but it is true that bitcoin is still not a legal currency in any part of the world. Also In some of the countries where bitcoin have got legal status as only asset and not as currency.
Mical coffe

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:49:20 AM

I think that Bitcoin is an asset, a digital asset. the statistical properties of bitcoin, find that it is essentially uncorrelated with traditional asset classes such as stocks, bonds and commodities, both in normal times and in periods of financial turmoil. The analysis of transaction data of bitcoin accounts shows that bitcoins are mainly used as a speculative investment and not as an alternative currency and medium of exchange.
hikaru_11

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:49:57 AM

For me, Bitcoin in general was conceived primarily as a payment system, although this function has already not been fully implemented because of its slow transactions. So bitcoin is closer to currency by nature. However, under the classical concept of currency, the whole of the crypto currency is not at all, because when this concept was drafted, nobody could assume the existence of digital money.
Stigmeee

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:55:01 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

either way your are right sir.. but the reality is we can take it as an asset if were going to buy them at low and sell them on high.. and the perspective that it can rise again or sooner or later its value is much higher compare to the time you bought it.. and we take it as an investment or an asset.. but In the 2nd scenario if you convert your bucks into btc in order for you to pay your stuff or your bills then it would be treated like currency.. that's why I said in my intro either way you are right.. thank you so much..
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:57:35 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

To make bitcoin became currency its take a lot efforts because many government and central banks do not want to regulate cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency will disrupting bank bussiness and thats why banks lobby will talk to government to not regulate and ban crypto as payment

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
Viyamore

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:11:43 AM

In my opinoin. Bitcoin was intended to be a currency, but right now, it is in fact being treated as an asset way more than a currency. Sure there are people out there who are actually buying stuff using bitcoins, but mostly, people are just investing in it so they can trade or hold until it increases in price. It's not a bad thing, and it can't be helped either since this is the trend that bitcoin grew upon.

I agree! Way back in the time that bitcoin have been created, it was really intended to be a medium of exchange. I remember how much bitcoin was used to purchase a slice of pizza. And now, its value drove up so high that turn as an asset to invest in. Greatly, bitcoin advanced and moved forward as the technology did so.
Doen't matter whether it is an asset or a currency, everyone is really earning from it.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
lastnumber

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:38:02 PM

I see Bitcoin as a kind of asset. Since I work and accumulate Bitcoin, then sell to people in need to increase income. Whether Bitcoin is a trading currency or an asset depends on each person's views and usage of Bitcoin. But in my country, trading in Bitcoin is illegal. So, I see Bitcoin as a cumulative asset. My law does not prohibit this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: