Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:03:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency?  (Read 3626 times)
deejayce48

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

A sports token that knows your favorite team

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:46:55 AM

It is made as a currency - digital currency. But with its status right now, it doesn't serve that way. Bitcoin for me is an asset that we can own and has an economic value. Its price is changing and unpredictable so we can say it is a speculative asset.

│  F Λ N C H Λ I N   by SportsCastr   │    A sports token that knows your favorite team
(    Private Sale OPEN on QRYPΓOS    )          ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        REDDIT        ANN THREAD        TELEGRAM        INSTAGRAM        ]
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:07:47 PM

I think the bitcoin is not a currency but a digital asset, because if it is called a currency then the statement will be inconsistent with the notion of the currency itself, then in this case many countries are banned against bitcoin transactions if used as a means of payment, weakening the value of the country's currency
tats14

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:10:14 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
Well for me, bitcoin is a digital currency that you can invest and save it for your own savings and it can make money of yours.

poundy29

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:28:11 PM

Bitcoin can be regarded as a currency and not assets, since we purchase goods with bitcoin, ithat has already served the same purpose with other currency.
ajja

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:28:41 PM

Right now I see bitcoin as an asset for my future because I'm sure the next few years bitcoin prices will be very high. to make it a very difficult currency in my opinion because of unstable prices.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:29:36 PM

Since this is the first crypto currency, so it is an obvious that it is a currency. A currency that create of unknown person alias Satoshi Nakamoto for the purpose of peer to peer transaction where is make people anonymous. And in my perception it is an asset because bitcoin could make us earn a huge profits through holding it in a long term and wait for the time to make its value rise ultimately.
coitherwillfol

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:14:40 PM

Marinecoin - First of all, Bounty is free and you can earn thousands of dollar through these events. Just analyze their ICO, in whitepaper, team dev, roadmap and their purposes. You lose nothing about it, just pay a little time do a little missions, No pay for lazy.I can suggest to participate in Marinecoin ICO here marineco.inWhy? Well, let’s take a look:1) Time-tested fast blockchain technology, developing since 20132) Artificial intelligence machine to machine payment network3) Absolutely decentralized, driven by community4) If these reasons aren’t enough...it’s absolutely free, absolutely5) Already has their own exchange6) They give away free than sale token, it makes strong community, of course their token has strong, good technology.in Internet Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Things (IoT). time dilution technology. time dilution technology - artificial intelligence - self sustaining - community - fair distribution - iotit’s already listed on CMC. Join here and do some missions and get 20 000 tokens.
candolbitcoin214

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:19:32 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
For me it can both it is a electronic currency. It can also be an asset if by trading with bitcoin you have earn a profit and you just hold it for future use or investment. Will for me it all depends on how the person actually uses it.
Tatyana20100

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:35:41 PM

think bitkoyn is a long-term currency, but like all currencies it has properties like falls and soars. But if you invest in different currencies, then there will be more prospects.
patykuprova

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Creative & digital marketing agency

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 07:10:08 PM

Right now I see bitcoin as an asset for my future because I'm sure the next few years bitcoin prices will be very high. to make it a very difficult currency in my opinion because of unstable prices.
I think it's not simply an asset , it's more fit with an investment function then because an investment will bring you the good income which is the best part of Bitcoin.
We all know that Bitcoin is unstable , volitale and it's totally can't be under control of anythings.

I have finished kyc but not get token yet. Telegram @BeansreaL
My Erc-20 address: 0xe3e21e290544471facac5b9fb51127b1a0725710
Nantusaha

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:32:51 PM

for me,I considered bitcoin is an asset,not a currency because it would not recognize virtual currency such as bitcoin as actual currency
donalfonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:40:31 PM

I think bitcoin is best considered as an asset, and a very liquid asset. It is yet to fulfill all the conditions required for it to be called a currency in many countries of the world

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:43:04 PM

bitcoin is asset and a currency both for me Smiley
bitcoin is an amazing invention and its worlds future

Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:15:57 PM

Firstly, as we know, Bitcoin has been introduced to us as the first cryptocurrency which all transactions are recorded on the blockcahin. If we treat Bitcoin as a currency altogether, this means that bitcoin is used only to exchange value. However, in my opinion, bitcoin will become a universal estimation because it will have its own inherent value depending on constant purchasing power of it in the near future, and this in turn will make it a universal asset.

Arkham Knight

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:48:32 AM

Me too. We don't need to argue about and it just appropriate to treat it as both because it is a special currency that any of our local currency does not have. It's not really a big deal to be honest.
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:08:18 AM

Me too. We don't need to argue about and it just appropriate to treat it as both because it is a special currency that any of our local currency does not have. It's not really a big deal to be honest.

I guess it depends on how you use it. If you use it to pay for transactions, then you can consider at as a currency. But if you use to it invest and gain profit over time, then it could be considered as an asset. That's how useful bitcoin is to people. It doesn't just serve the purpose of being a cryptocurrency, but can also be an investment.
Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:38:26 AM

Bitcoin is both asset and currency. We used it for investment and our investment may lead to assets. If we just consider it as a currency,it the near future it will fade like a bubbles. But if we consider it as an asset,we will gain more from it. Money is just a number but asset is an investment. In some reason,this two is always connected. No currency,no asset.
trupero_uno

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:50:39 AM

I think there is similarity between asset and currency, both of them can be used for transaction but currency is more liquid rather than asset. The difference of them are asset can be hold for long time and the value can be increased while currency is decreased by inflation, etc.  So in my opinion, bitcoin is most likely asset as also claimed by G20 convention.
lautantepi

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:54:55 AM

Of course there are people out there who actually buy goods using bitcoin, but most people just invest in it so they can trade or keep the price. This is not a bad thing, and it can not be as good as this is a bitcoin-growing trend.
teklang01

Activity: 173
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:27:57 AM

In my own opinion, bitcoin is a currency and an asset. It is because here in my country, it is become legal to pay merchants using bitcoin and since it can be also an investment, it can be an asset.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: