Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 03:32:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency?  (Read 3626 times)
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:32:32 AM

I see Bitcoin as both currency and an asset. It is currency be cause it can exchange for goods and services and also as an asset because it has the ability to call store of value. Because if you acquire bitcoin today and hold it for some time the value will increas most of the time to give you a nice increase.
Btcepoy11

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:57:43 AM

Everyone of us have different opinion about this topic, but for me bitcoin have many characteristics. Bitcoin is both asset and currency nothing to argue for that. Just be thankful that we have a bitcoin to used.
tentara pelajar

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:01:58 AM

I see more and focus with bitcoin as an asset. I think the current bitcoin is not good if it is used as a currency because of its highly unstable value.
Cairo18

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:07:17 AM

I see Bitcoin as both currency and an asset. It is currency be cause it can exchange for goods and services and also as an asset because it has the ability to call store of value. Because if you acquire bitcoin today and hold it for some time the value will increas most of the time to give you a nice increase.

For me both asset and currency. Assets because you gain,work it hard and giving more time on it, valuing of asset in bitcoin is to become  more positive and have eagerness to do your will to have a better future.Currency is also belong to bitcoin but needs to handle it.
Rollkal

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:08:13 AM

Bitcoin, in my opinion, is a kind of asset, since they have great value, price fluctuates in the market. If they are currency, they are not right, because they have not been widely accepted in the purchase and sale of goods and services.
OlegK41

Activity: 714
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:12:38 AM

Bitcoin is both an asset and a currency.
The money invested in Bitcoin has multiplied over time, so I think it's a good asset. I myself invest in Bitcoin.
Bitcoin can be transferred to any country and he will still remain Bitcoin. He walks in any country - that's why he's a currency.
Yes, Bitcoin is not always accepted everywhere, but this is temporary. Soon everything will change!
wahyu5

Activity: 729
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:13:10 AM

What I Understand is In long term bitcoin be consider as asset because the rate which appreciating is very positive so in near future it will be very big asset for those who holding Bitcoin. There is no doubt Bitcoin is currency (cryptocurrency) the thing is we are started now to use is in our day to day life this usage will sure increase very near future that means it is currency only.
Today, it is still in debate or controversy. Some people say that bitcoin is a digital asset and at the same time can take the function as currency but other people disagree to this opinion. What we would like to say as a reality is that Bitcoin has been accepted as digital asset and used by people as investment instrument and in some cases also can take function as a currency ( cryptocurrency ).
zitbau

Activity: 180
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:21:57 AM

Many people choose bitcoin as a valuable asset. They try to keep it to make more profit in the future. For me, bitcoin is the property and currency. I usually use it for payment. This makes it more realistic for human life

▬██▬▬▬  HORIZON  ▬▬▬██▬
FIRST TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY IN THE WORLD EMPOWERED BY THE ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN
▬  HORIZONCOMM.CO  ▬
decoder88

Activity: 346
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:33:00 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
YES this is so true, other people think if they used Bitcoin, they probably get rich but no because it is not easy to manage Bitcoin unless you are not a newbie. So this is the reason why people think Bitcoin is a currency but the truth is it is an asset   
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:36:29 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
YES this is so true, other people think if they used Bitcoin, they probably get rich but no because it is not easy to manage Bitcoin unless you are not a newbie. So this is the reason why people think Bitcoin is a currency but the truth is it is an asset   
It is easy to manage even you are a newbie because you just need to remember that you should not spend it to the things like investment like HYIPs or so called Ponzi scheme investments so you will not waste your bitcoin and you will have it until the end of the day. You can use your bitcoin to trade and only invest to the things that you understand.
pcoot

Activity: 125

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:39:09 AM

Bitcoin is a currency, but I think Bitcoin can be used as an asset. Because Bitcoin has a high value, investing in Bitcoin can also be used for long-term investment and for the sake of its own future.
shkon5

Activity: 135

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:51:14 AM

For the time being, Bitcoin is a currency. But in the future Bitcoin, I believe it will get better and better, and it will become the people's assets. It will be the best investment.
Qunetick

Activity: 226

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:58:19 AM

Bitcoin are both an asset and a currency. Bitcoin is the best asset of gaining a huge amount of profit, and it is also a currency because it has a value. Bitcoin is the most amazing coin ever in the crypto feild because it really give us a huge amount of profit. Bitcoin has a fast growing economy and it is now really becoming more trend.

cpkozak

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:09:49 AM

It is possible that bitcoin or some other digital asset will become a widespread means of payment or a gold number as most fans hope. however, we can only be sure that bitcoin's strong upward momentum is more risky for the holder. it will become a kind of exchangeable asset that can meet the needs of modern economic development because of its monetary supply will be more related to economic needs.
Arwinkim

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 10:32:00 AM

IMHO, bitcoin can function as both asset and currency. Initially, it was meant to pay for goods anyway. Because of its demand very high, now its price is increasing along the time till now. You are right, because of that finally most of people treat it as asset.
cpkozak

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:34:18 AM

Bitcoin can not be a commodity, because it does not solve the problem of human necessity, bitcoin is not an asset because it does not generate cash flow in the future. Many people think that bitcoin has generated cash flow because you can lend bitcoin at low interest rates. However the nature of this process is that you have turned bitcoin into a loan and this loan is considered an asset rather than a bitcoin. From the above, electronic currencies have more traits closer to the currency than assets or commodities.
esa2782

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:51:56 AM

it is a currency because that was the idea in the first place of creating it, as a digital currency and the idea is still the same to use it in "traditional" trading, the "confusing"of bitcoin as an asset is because people trading it but it does not mean it is automatically become an asset, its high value right now is still as a currency, high value currency, when we use something to buy something is definitely a currency.
money1122

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:58:06 AM

As far as I know, bitcoin is now considered as an asset and a payment method in some country. It's a very long way for bitcoin to be a currency
MRY

Activity: 560
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 11:05:17 AM

I think, bitcoin is both, bitcoin can be a currency that is a digital currency and can only be used using the internet online and not all places can accept bitcoin, bitcoin can also be an asset for future investment
Petmalu001

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:13:10 AM

Well for me, I considered that bitcoin is an asset because Bitcoin was intended to be a currency, right now, it is in fact being treated as an asset way more

than a currency. Sure there are people out there who are actually buying stuff using bitcoins, but mostly, people are just investing in it so they can trade or

hold until it increases in price. Bitcoin also can convert to different kind of currency all over the world. Bitcoin may use as paid for shopping online or way to

transfer money to someone. And i believe that bitcoin is the future new currency that can make easy all the transactions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: