Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:37:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New US-based ASIC Bitcoin Mining Hardware Manufacturer - ASIC Technologies  (Read 5981 times)
knightlife999

Activity: 845
Merit: 1000

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:42:14 AM

I ordered 2 10 GH/s miners from them 4 weeks ago. I tried to call them, but their phone is disconnected. I have sent them 6 emails with no reply. I spoke with a guy on eBay who had one of their miners (he had received it back in April). He had a large amount of hashing power on order with them and was selling a couple of extra pre-orders. He claimed that he had been in contact with them on the phone up to 4 weeks ago. Since then, he has not been able to reach them either. I'm not sure what to do here. If I don't receive my miners or hear back from them in the next 2 weeks, I'll put a claim in with Paypal for a refund. I wanted to purchase a couple of 100 GH/s miners from them, but I am concerned that they have closed up shop. They have not been on the forum in weeks and only have 7 posts in total. Looking dicey.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:02:16 PM

Not dicey.  Scam.  Request refund now!
knightlife999

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 11:29:05 AM

I just put in a claim with Paypal on the 2 miners I bought from Asic Technologies. The resolution center went straight to filing a dispute and bypassed the regular communication phase. It's possible that Paypal has been dealing with multiple claims against this company. Absolutely no communication from them whatsoever, and their phone has been disconnected for 3 and a half weeks.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 11:42:50 AM

I just put in a claim with Paypal on the 2 miners I bought from Asic Technologies. The resolution center went straight to filing a dispute and bypassed the regular communication phase. It's possible that Paypal has been dealing with multiple claims against this company. Absolutely no communication from them whatsoever, and their phone has been disconnected for 3 and a half weeks.
I hope you get your money back. Paypal tends to side more with buyers than they do with sellers, pretty sure there are quite a few people in the same situation.
reedy10

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:43:03 PM

I hope you get your money back. Paypal tends to side more with buyers than they do with sellers, pretty sure there are quite a few people in the same situation.
Well so far, it's been 5 days and there has been no action by the seller. 5 more days without seller action and I get my money back.
pacojones

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:17:18 PM

This may be naive - but what if I'm searching around the web and find this site, being new to bitcoin I think "great, I'll buy 10" and send them money - we all know that it's a scam but is there anything preventing people who don't know any better from using the site?  I see they take paypal so hopefully after 6 weeks of not receiving anything (assuming this is a scam) the 'buyer' will realize that they are screwed and go through paypal to get a refund.  It's just really frustrating because I've been into bitcoin for years and I hate crap like this - I know it's a "new market" and scammers are like spammers (a given) but there must be a way that those who know that these are scams can tell people who don't know..??  It'd be like a reputation site for asic vendors - where buyers (or pre-orderes) can go post feedback about their experience...  just thinking out loud now...

knightlife999

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:02:11 PM

This may be naive - but what if I'm searching around the web and find this site, being new to bitcoin I think "great, I'll buy 10" and send them money - we all know that it's a scam but is there anything preventing people who don't know any better from using the site?  I see they take paypal so hopefully after 6 weeks of not receiving anything (assuming this is a scam) the 'buyer' will realize that they are screwed and go through paypal to get a refund.  It's just really frustrating because I've been into bitcoin for years and I hate crap like this - I know it's a "new market" and scammers are like spammers (a given) but there must be a way that those who know that these are scams can tell people who don't know..??  It'd be like a reputation site for asic vendors - where buyers (or pre-orderes) can go post feedback about their experience...  just thinking out loud now...

Sounds like a good project. It would definitely be a great service to the bitcoin community. You would have to get trusted members of the community involved for it to get traction.

gridmaster

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:55:25 PM

These devices look a lot like another vendor's devices except for the colour and hash rates.
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:26:48 AM

Sounds like a good project. It would definitely be a great service to the bitcoin community. You would have to get trusted members of the community involved for it to get traction.

This forum is full of warnings about shady vendors.  All someone needs to do is search the vendor's name.  I assume much of the forum's traffic is already related to this.
bertig

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:51:35 PM

Hi All,

I'm new in bitcoin ... but I trade since 15 year on Internet and never been scam-screwed ...

But this time i failed ... i dont know why ... to much "emotional" factors ... MONEY MONEY ...

DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO asic-technologies.com !!!!!! Angry Angry Angry

Of course after my trade and my first experience in bitcoin ... i googled "asic-technologies.com scam" to see that there was plenty of discussion about it!

And i'm pretty sure lot of person are in my case ...

Nevertheless I have a "stupid" question that reply might be NO! ... is there any way to find the person behind ? ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: