Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:48:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins Killed By Cryptsy  (Read 902 times)
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:25:18 PM

Why people want to bring the dead coin back?
I am just wondering

Same reason people like listening to oldies radio stations ect.  Nostalgia sells.  

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:48:02 PM

I think those coins if were dead we should live them alone because market has decided for them to be dead.
You can not resurrect true shitcoin... okay I know NAV this one was resurrected Cheesy
But in reality developer  went back to party when crypto fever was back Cheesy
do you really ant invest in such shit ?

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
waya (OP)

Activity: 576
Merit: 250

Owns of Waya Wolf Coin - WW Supports the Wolf Park

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 05:38:28 AM

I am just wondering

I can't answer for anyone other than myself.  One reason is that there can be people holding coins and want the coin brought back, the blockchain restored, the community developed, and the coin listed on an exchange.  For me Flappy Coin was one such coin.  I remember with fondness the Flappy Bird game.  There are other reasons as well, such as reconnecting with a community you enjoyed.   So a number of people banded together and decided it was time to bring the coin back and give it life again. 

I made this thread, to see what other coins people would like to see come back.  There are so many shit coins out there and some of the coins that have died have so much great potential if people were to reclaim them and invest in them to bring them back to life.

Owner of Waya Wolf V2.0 Coin
Waya Wolf Coin Supports the Wolf Park in Battle Ground, Indiana!!
Join us and help Wolf Park an education, conservation, and research facility.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:34:08 AM

I am just wondering

I can't answer for anyone other than myself.  One reason is that there can be people holding coins and want the coin brought back, the blockchain restored, the community developed, and the coin listed on an exchange.  For me Flappy Coin was one such coin.  I remember with fondness the Flappy Bird game. 

Just issue a flappycoin erc20 token and airdrop it  Cheesy

I see what you're saying but there's so many new coins now, and the market is so diluted, that I think these dead coins aren't coming back.

The funny thing I remember about cryptsy is they had a feature where you could buy a set amount of every coin on the exchange all at the same time. So you could click once, buy a few dollars worth each of hundreds of different coins, and create your own cryptsy mutual fund of shitcoins.  Memories...  Wink
DRVX

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:03:28 PM

This topic is so much in demand and it is interesting not only for you.

Those who started from the very beginning and came across Cripsy, they are interested in the death of the coins resurrected.
But to my great regret, not everything will be as we need or want. And if nevertheless someone left the dead coins on the account, then I advise them to leave. Sometimes this can be a surprise when suddenly you go in and they are activated.

Well, they do not occupy a place, and yet this is our money. So I left it. And what will happen in the future?
waya (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 03:44:06 AM

Hello All,

So here is something cool, Saturn Coin has come back as Saturn2Coin.

Kudos to the devs who resurrected this coin, great job!

Its awesome to see things like this.  Check out the announce page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2334220.msg23744090#msg23744090

Cheers,
Waya

shotgun1969

Activity: 723
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:47:09 AM

Hello All,

So here is something cool, Saturn Coin has come back as Saturn2Coin.

Kudos to the devs who resurrected this coin, great job!

Its awesome to see things like this.  Check out the announce page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2334220.msg23744090#msg23744090

Cheers,
Waya

looking good and mining now waya  thankyou.
Flapmin

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:53:09 AM

Hello All,

I was thinking about the coins killed by the ugly death of Cryptsy.  Many of us were left holding coins that suddenly had no value and no other exchanges with the developers walking away.  Currently some people are looking to bring back some of these coins, one being Flappy Coin has come back.  What I am curious about is what other coins would people like to see come back from the dead?

Cheers,
Waya 

After flap another user asked us to work on sat2

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2334220.msg23744090#msg23744090

now that that seems to be walking on its own again were ready for the next
waya (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 04:00:36 AM

Hello All,

I was thinking about the coins killed by the ugly death of Cryptsy.  Many of us were left holding coins that suddenly had no value and no other exchanges with the developers walking away.  Currently some people are looking to bring back some of these coins, one being Flappy Coin has come back.  What I am curious about is what other coins would people like to see come back from the dead?

Cheers,
Waya 

After flap another user asked us to work on sat2

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2334220.msg23744090#msg23744090

now that that seems to be walking on its own again were ready for the next

You need to be commended for your efforts.  People like you and your tem deserve credit for working on these coins to bring them back to life.  It amazes me how people can band together and decide to works towards a goal of making a dead coin come back to life.  I have had the pleasure of doing this on Flappy Coin and it was and still is a wonderful project.  I ask all those who would like to see a coin come back to life to seek others and make it happen.  No need for a good coin to lay dead while tons of shit coins abound. 

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:50:52 AM

Hoboknickles I kind of liked back in the day I think its still on a exchange somewhere and klondike coin i also liked, I saw somewhere a while back you can claim certain coins from cryptsy for those who got screwed when they shut down.

Hobonickles was big thing back then Grin. Add RDD to the list as well. It died quickly as soon as cryptsy died. I'm one of the lucky individuals who didn't keep my alts on their website. I wonder how many people received something from lawsuit they filed or if it's still going on.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
hoolignn

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:09:13 AM

Hoboknickles I kind of liked back in the day I think its still on a exchange somewhere and klondike coin i also liked, I saw somewhere a while back you can claim certain coins from cryptsy for those who got screwed when they shut down.

Hobonickles was big thing back then Grin. Add RDD to the list as well. It died quickly as soon as cryptsy died. I'm one of the lucky individuals who didn't keep my alts on their website. I wonder how many people received something from lawsuit they filed or if it's still going on.

I recieved an email recently stating a class action suit is still in progress for all cryptsy members who lost coins.

This was a follow up from another one i recived quiet some time ago
mhren

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:53:56 PM

I had lost several smaller coins myself (CLAMS, Joule, etc..) and always wondered if there was actually a record of some of these captured before Cryptsy was finally offline?  Being more a "dabbler" at the time I did not keep my own records ... but should have. 
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:05:38 AM

I guess there are coins which have been killed also by other exchange fails, like Mintpal, Allcrypt etc. Would be nice to discover which they are.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:05:03 AM

tried to kill cgb - good coins never die

timace1978

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Rainbow Lite Dev

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:16:41 PM

This is a great thread! Especially for those of us who lived the cryptsy, and mintpal, and gox, and... disasters as someone said before. Too many projects went away before they even had a chance to get going leaving many "holding the bag". I personally took some SERIOUS losses with many disreputable exchanges, and now we have CoinsMarket. I'd like to think we aren't seeing a repeat of events, only time will tell. But for those new or newer even to crypto the safest place for your coins is in YOUR wallets. Only put what you need to trade on the exchanges, THEY ARE NOT BANKS! I hope to see more like this in near future, gives me warm and and fuzzy feeling.  Cool

Flapmin

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:54:33 AM

i liked the layout because you could turn off whatever you wanted and only see the markets of your choice, that made it a lot faster when only loading what you cared about
Flapmin

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:55:37 AM

I had lost several smaller coins myself (CLAMS, Joule, etc..) and always wondered if there was actually a record of some of these captured before Cryptsy was finally offline?  Being more a "dabbler" at the time I did not keep my own records ... but should have. 

if you ask around a lot of people took screenshots and made other records
rmizhya

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:34:11 PM

Hello All,

Cheers,
Waya 

Hi, I understand that this is a very old topic, but I am really interested. Could someone give me a few examples of coins killed by Cryptsy? Help is much appreciated!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: