Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:49:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-10-26] Vitalik Buterin: 90% of token startups will fall  (Read 3981 times)
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:22:59 AM

Doesn't need a genuis to tell us about the era of ICOs but every investor is responsible about his own money and has the ability to put them wherever he wants. So we can't blame scammers which they are always playing arround with or without ethereum. New startups will never stop appearing and no one can deny that there are great potentials in the market and everyday we see real solutions that may correctly affect our lives.

I agree.. every "investor" in "coins" is free to participate in any MLM / scheme coin "fuel token" app's platform smart contract coin cloning platform gimmick for ROI's they wish.. such as ? LEO COIN.

You guys are fucking blind and / or scammy and dumb.

Oh and utterly exhausting with your justifying bad.

the main issue why this other altcoins would crash would be because the lack of investors or miners. Because it cant run without anyone maintaining the coin in the market. Even if there blocks made everyday from other altcoins, but if no one is acquiring or mining them, it cant really be called as a success. That is why i think their are many free coins or airdrops given to some users to at least maintain it in the market
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:56:49 AM

I will said this is truth because many of the token has been delisted from the major exchangers sites and some of them also are scams projects using ethereum to actract investors. If we analyze most of this token and even new projects, we can see how some of them are pump from the beginning and get dump the following days and this is not healthy for the market. The market needs token and ico projects that gives confident to the investors and if things will be improve in years to come then good for all of us.
Howtrain

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:00:07 AM

Vitalik is right, the vast majority of ICO's are ridiculously thin on actual tech - eventually people have to start realizing that what they invested in has no value, right?
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:04:55 AM

It's true. There are a lot of startups going for a token ICO as it's now easier and hasslefree.
Even they are true to their intentions, there no market for all those startup to success in their fields.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:17:35 AM

I completely agree with Vitalik. Most startups do not carry any real value, most of them are just a bubble that is inflated by advertising and beautiful ideas. I think with time, only strong and sustainable products will remain on the market, which bear real value in the development of blockchain technology.
rafter_01

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 08:22:37 AM

I agree with Vitalik too but some ICOs are genuine and have good objectives with a well thought roadmap.

I think blindly signing up to ICOs is idiotic and most are scams.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:53:53 AM

Considering the fact that 99% of all tokens that are trying to start themselves up in bitcointalk alone are completely clones of previous projects or just a ERC20 token with no apparent uses outside of a speculative token, 90% is an underestimate.

But generally, it's going to be along the lines of what Vitalik said.

People still going for these useless airdrops somehow, though.
IgniHash

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:57:56 AM

I think, Mr Butterin is right. His statement maybe based on current token condition. There are many ERC20 token right now which potentially become a scam.

G.Seed

Activity: 607
Merit: 86

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:51:37 AM

10% of token startup won't fall ?!
This would be awesome but I can't believe it. 1 or 2 %.

followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:58:25 AM

Finally someone came up and told the truth to public. YES. Most of the coins with shiny labels will fail. It doesn't matter how great they advertise. But looks like Vitalik forgot to say one thing, successful startups will go to moon. After this ico madness. So there are still gold to be mined, symbolically.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Gosha.day

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:02:59 AM

Too much ICO involves fraud
Just to meet personal money Shocked Shocked Shocked
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:35:07 PM

90% of icos are business plans that failed to raise investment outside of the crypto realm. They see people here as easy targets and they are right.
Most will come to nothing and do not even have experienced cryptographers as part of their team.

The older projects that have skilled conceptual designers/cryptographers and coders will be the sole survivors.

Coenlogan

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:53:12 PM

90% of icos are business plans that failed to raise investment outside of the crypto realm. They see people here as easy targets and they are right.
Most will come to nothing and do not even have experienced cryptographers as part of their team.

The older projects that have skilled conceptual designers/cryptographers and coders will be the sole survivors.

The projects that also have consistent income, not just from cryptocurrency will survive as well. Take Assetron Energy for example, they will have their own solar plant. Real - they will own property.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: