Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:38:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to secure bitcoin wallet??  (Read 2298 times)
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:06:36 PM

Don't download stupid things on the internet if you store it locally and if you store it online do that also not. Just get 2 computers one for your work and one for if you want to game.

Also don't click on every link you get from someone. Check first if its the correct url that he have sended.

I am using both desktop and online wallets bro but there is no difference in the both the wallet by using it. I think that there is only one issue in both these wallet. Your private key will be shared to the walet providers in the online wallets.
Your wallet will have private key and wallet.DAT file in every wallet you should not share that anyone to keep secure.
Vz Ketua

Activity: 365
Merit: 100

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 07:45:11 PM

hacker are always trying to take money from wallet. I am very worried about the security of my wallet. what are the best way to secure wallet so that my bitcoin will always safe and secured. help me to find me the ways.

In my opinion, avoid opening websites that are not common on laptop or hp devices used to open bitcoin accounts. And do not open emails that you do not know.

Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:04:35 PM

I think the offline wallet is the best way to secure your bitcoin. Although you have to pay the fee for it.
zergenyt09

Activity: 297

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:30:30 AM

Be secure when you are entering at any sites, put wallet in offline storage may help also and most important is dont trust any body to give them your wallet or else your btc will be lost

Right. And always, always make sure your two factor authentication is active to make sure that you're the only one accessing your account and also to alarm you if someone is trying to gain access
All what important in trading to be wise and keep an eye on your surroundings, not trusting anyone blindly. Just put your wallet be safe with you and never let anyone to access your account. Just be wise about choosing projects for investments and with whom you are investing. Be committed to your job and seek proper knowledge
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:57:34 AM

I think the offline wallet is the best way to secure your bitcoin. Although you have to pay the fee for it.

Yes i agree, i think that is the safest way to secure our bitcoin. Because the hacker's nowadays are active, they doing everthing to hack someone account even it small amount or big ( even our account here in forum. ) And also the safest way is don't tell anyone or share your private key and activate your 2fa ( 2 factor authentication )

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
Alfredjohn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:05:56 AM

To secure you wallet the thing that will you do is save your private code and don't share it..
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:32:54 AM

Well, the practical way for me is to convert bitcoin into real money and store it in a bank. Money will compound inside the bank but it is not profitable like holding bitcoin but your money is guaranteed safe. If you do not want to do that, there are still other choices. The best way to secure your wallet is that, never tell anyone about your wallet, its password or private key. It’s better if you will print those things that can open your wallet and not store it in your computer, laptop or cellphone to prevent being hacked.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:41:37 AM

hacker are always trying to take money from wallet. I am very worried about the security of my wallet. what are the best way to secure wallet so that my bitcoin will always safe and secured. help me to find me the ways.
The best possible advice that I can give you to secure your funds so that they don't get hacked easily is to configure two factor authenticator on your device and email verification so that you can confirm withdrawals on your mailbox. A secure wallet is always the first priority to most investors, you better do the same.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:24:25 PM

Yes, I agree that hackers really trying to do their best just to hack those bitcoin wallets no matter how big or small you have there, because it is money.
Anyways, to secure your wallet you better have your coins in offline wallet, or have the private key privately stored in a secure way.  You should follow the basic rules of online security measures to be able to feel little secure from hackers.
cherrymobile

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:28:55 PM

Yes, I agree that hackers really trying to do their best just to hack those bitcoin wallets no matter how big or small you have there, because it is money.
Anyways, to secure your wallet you better have your coins in offline wallet, or have the private key privately stored in a secure way.  You should follow the basic rules of online security measures to be able to feel little secure from hackers.
I agree both of you we need to keep secured our wallets becausse some hacker now will appear be safe! For me my best way is just keeping my password to offline note dont give you passord to anyone.
anjuara29

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:33:51 PM

Actually i am secured my wallet with 2 step verification method. When i am going to login my wallet then coinbase  authority send me a email and i need to authorize via email that they are provide me. After that one verification code they will send you in my phone number that i provided. And finally when i input that code then ultimately i am able to login my wallet. So you can also secure you wallet through this method.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:35:45 AM

Its better if you also mention your wallet do you use in storing your bitcoin. If you want to be more secured in keeping your bitcoin you must activate the 2fa mobile authenticator if you are using an online wallet. Suggested wallet for storing high amount of bitcoins is trezor or ledger wallet. It is portable and and easy to use.
Simply by keeping your passcode private to others even if it is your loved ones or a person that has casual relationship woth you. Because you dont know him or her. What if he or she hacks it and get all ylu money. Another tip is that choose a wallet that is trusted by many users for you to have secure storage of your bitcoins.
Now a day’s all the bitcoin are very secure and they are not very tough to earn I can see the bitcoin will help the bitcoin user as if they will not share about the bitcoin with the other people they will see how the bitcoin will grow and the bitcoin is increasing more and more with the passage of the time I hope the bitcoin will increase with the time and it will give the people double invested amount now.
Tantlizbat

Activity: 184

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:15:34 PM

Your wallet key should be stored in a safe place. Your password should be made of high security so that hackers can not hack your computer. Hackers install hacker software in their computer and then hack the computer's data.
Be sure that when you use internet and are about to make a deal, your wallet is offline or else it will be hacked by someone. As the price of bitcoin is increasing so you need to be more careful and try not to let anyone access your account. Be wise during trading and enter some promising projects or else you will get dumped
danielnamit

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:58:47 AM

To ensure your bitcoin wallet, you must protect your account with cellphone number verified and email with it. Surely, before it gets hacked, an e-mail or a text will be sent to you.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Reseler

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:03:25 AM

The best way how to secure your crypto coins is hardware wallet. Just buy some trezor or ledger nano s and you are safe ... Smiley
loghorizon

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:10:41 AM

to secure your bitcoin wallet:
-Small amounts for everyday uses
-Backup your wallet
-Encrypt your wallet
-Offline wallet for savings
-Keep your software up to date
-Multi-signature to protect against theft
-Think about your testament
yashjaat

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:25:35 AM

If you have secured a bit of wallet, you will not be able to secure your wallet by securing your wallet if your wallet is hacked.
Thanks
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:31:59 AM

Change your password weekly that's the basic step, then make sure you don't save a text document with some obvious name like BTC address or bitcoin.txt. also, don't save your password in a soft copy form, invest in a hardware wallet.
pukwengkweng

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:34:31 AM

To secure your bitcoin wallet, first Don't spread your password to others secure your account. Then write or save your password in your phone or get a notes so if you forgot your password you can see it in your notes.
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:42:46 AM

Always be alert when attacks occur on your wallet site. Better do not enter during the attack. If you could afford a hardware wallet much better for more secured bitcoins. Also, always check the URL to avoid being phished.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: