Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:39:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you hold your coins?  (Read 3658 times)
Tamy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:17:26 AM

I use offline wallets for storing my private keys and addresses of my coins. I believe that this is the safest way of storing coins. Any online wallet could be potentially risky. I am using offline wallets for almost all coins that I plan to hold for a longer time. I also keep a small amount of coins on the exchange for easy trading. One of the reason why I keep it on the exchange is a transfer cost each time when you move your coins from a wallet to the exchange, and from the exchange to the wallet.

udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 05:23:18 AM

So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?

If you are willing to keep long time please keep in desktop or nano. Other if you keep very short time keep it in exchanges with 2fac .  Otherwise you can use dedicated wallets.

Me myself keeping in exchanges

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
darkangel15

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:25:07 AM

Sad
in general, everyone keeps their money on the bitcoin stock exchanges but it is not safe for them to develop these usb money stored in the metal money you can throw here again
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:29:29 AM

when you make an investment like this first you have to be fairly certain that you are going to make that kind of profit and not just have a feeling or have a wishful thinking about it!
there are many coins like this which may look promising and you may think you can make a lot of profit in long term but you will be disappointed when they stay the same or drop all  year long and then only rise in a month or about 2 weeks and then back to falling.
so plan accordingly.

as for wallets, others have said it already. use a desktop wallet. you can always install them on an offline computer and use it as your "cold storage". in fact it is usually the exact same as bitcoin. so you can use cold storage articles about bitcoin to create an altcoin version.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:31:51 AM

So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?

Keeping on exchange site or web wallet for as short as one week is long term because these people can wake up one day and come up with a change in policy that would take effect immediately without recourse to your feelings or investment because to them, its secondary. Another is the way they are subjects of targets which is on a continual basis and because hackers will not notify you of their heist, you are further at their mercy.
parassinghal

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:51:35 AM

The best way to store big amount of coins is to store them in exchange but that is only if you want to store for short term but if you want to store them for long term then store them in desktop wallet, that is the safest way to store coins.

Haesoo

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:54:56 AM

If you are willing to keep long time please keep in desktop or nano. Other if you keep very short time keep it in exchanges with 2fac .  Otherwise you can use dedicated wallets.

Me myself keeping in exchanges

For me even you hold it for short term don't store your coins in exchanges like if something will happen in their site you can't blame all the mistakes to them, at the first place they didn't tell you to store your coins there.
Just always store your coins where you hold private keys, it's better be safe than end up to nothing.
yansen

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:58:10 AM

better saved on the desktop, but must be careful, if the desktop is damaged. so backed up after saving on the desktop.
dewanaga
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:06:51 AM

I use offline wallets for storing my private keys and addresses of my coins. I believe that this is the safest way of storing coins. Any online wallet could be potentially risky. I am using offline wallets for almost all coins that I plan to hold for a longer time. I also keep a small amount of coins on the exchange for easy trading. One of the reason why I keep it on the exchange is a transfer cost each time when you move your coins from a wallet to the exchange, and from the exchange to the wallet.

if I keep it in the online wallet, it's a risk,
but I believe in myetherwallet and etherdelta
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:31:47 AM

I'm usually hold at exchanger because I'm kinda afraid if I keep download on other wallet , it's contain malware especially when there were many ICO occur

better saved on the desktop, but must be careful, if the desktop is damaged. so backed up after saving on the desktop.

Well I'm suggest for not download any new wallet because there is high risk for getting infect on malware
radeone

Activity: 169

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 06:38:15 AM

If you are holding neblio, use the desktop wallet so you can stake until you are happy about where the price is and then put it back and sell it for something else. Just be smart and remember to diversify your portfolio. Good luck man and keep reading. Information is power.

ICO IS NOW LIVE    ▐┃▌    1WORLD ONLINE    ▐┃▌    WHITEPAPER
✣ ✣ ✣ ┃ Revolutionizing ONLINE MEDIA with BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY and incentives for AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT™ ┃ ✣ ✣ ✣
ANN \ / TELEGRAM \ / FACEBOOK \ / WHATSAPP \ / TWITTER \ / KAKAOTALK
gervais_zion

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:54:20 AM

Man just use Electrum Desktop Wallet. It'll take care of everything!

P.S sounds strange, huh?
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:03:06 AM

An offline wallet is better than other exchange/online wallet.
Exchanges can disappear with your money, but at this moment i'm using MyEtherWallet to hold my coin/token
Xclusive5

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:20:03 AM

I hold some of my coin on exchange and some in wallet but I prefer it on exchange because I will be able to sell quick when it pumps.

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:31:45 AM

Some in exchanges, some in mobile wallet and some in hardware wallet. I diversified my coins, it is safer instead of holding all in hardware wallet.
No, the safest way to store a coin is in cold storage, then keep it private and secure, if you want to save your Coin on exchange there is a possibility your account got hacked or the exchange get hacked, so make sure you use strong password and enable 2-factor authentication if you want to hold in exchange, and if you store it on a mobile wallet there is a chance your phone is missing then you can't recover your coin
NRF

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:11:06 AM

In my view, you should store it in your wallet. Hackers are becoming more and more dangerous. No one can sure that It is safe to store your coins in their exchange.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:12:45 AM

I have some of my coins that I put in exchanges, I know it's quite risky but I don't want to get some hassle when I want to trade or when those coins that I've got on hold are pumping. That makes me confident that I will not miss the chance of selling it earlier. But most of the volumes of my coins are stored on desktop wallet, there's a lot of it that allows you to hold your private keys too.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:14:23 AM

I am currently using %40 of my crypto coins in trading account. and %60 of my wallet is inside of ledger nano.
I am not sure that exchange services are secure enough to put all eggs in.
tony_b

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 08:25:04 AM

Seen far too many horror stories of people being hacked and losing everything so I keep mine offline.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:30:57 AM

Many says the safest wallet is on the desktop wallet and that wallet now I store my coins, yes they are right I think it safe because I'll be the one who knows the private key in my wallet and that's nothing to worry. I plan to store here my coins for long term period.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: