Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:33:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you hold your coins?  (Read 3658 times)
youok

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:23:12 AM

I hold some of my coins on the exchange for the short term.
in addition I also save my coin in desktop wallet. I think desktop wallet is one good choice for long term. its more safe.  Smiley

SenSeiSoKo

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:34:32 AM

On different wallets, Ledger and so on... cold storage is still one of the most interesting thing, but also a part online but you must know that, there are risks on the whole market and nobody knows where, but also serious provider
nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:38:51 AM

So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?
use trading exchange wallet is a great place to saving your coin if you love to trade and doing it oftenly. use a good exchange so your coin safety is guaranted.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
eoscfb

Activity: 61

eos !

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:48:03 AM

easy, long-term holdings on hardware wallets(Trezor,Ledger Nano S,KeepKey),
short-term on the exchanges,
desktop/mobile wallet for ICO.

Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:38:32 AM

Somebody says to hold it in desktop. But it doesnt matter if you are using only phone. Just save your private key from a wallet. It depends only to the people who keep more attention to their coin. Somebody are just careless.
HodlusMaximusInvestus

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:52:20 AM

MYETHERWALLET, KRAKEN, BITFINEX, LEDGER,...  Grin
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:04:26 AM

I'm holding my coins only in MEW but currently I'm trying to explore other wallets that I can use in the future since as I'm doing this as a hobby not as job or source of income (honestly at 1st I want to this as a form of income). Based on the review on this thread I'll stick in MEW for the meantime Smiley
amaljinadasa

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:33:43 AM

Use web wallet  MyEther. Dont never ever give private key to any body or to a forum.
Use keystore file to access and dont  write down the password or dont store it  in the computer ( notepads). Try to remember it.
Back up keystore file .
Never store private key in computer.
If u need log in to account using keystore file and passward then you can encrypt the privatekey.
Then we can safely hold our coins.

VeeTeaSee

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:36:08 AM

Only paper wallet or cold storage
!!!
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:56:12 PM

So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?
I have coins on exchanges as well, I don't like to store as much coins on there because I feel that the coins can be moved at anytime.
MarioLuck990

Activity: 157

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:04:01 PM

Lykke Wallet, Is the safest after a Cold storage!
Fleshslasher

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:07:51 PM

I know a few things. You can hold your coins maybe on exchange sites but i would not do it. You have a high chance to be hacked if you get a lot of coins on that exchange. So i would just store hem on a offline wallet, because you have the files and the private key. Don't forget to secure it and that you don't download infected files on the internet.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:20:48 PM

In their wallets. I always love this question and I always wonder what they are considering as the "vast" number of alternate options. There are the wallets of the coin, on your computer, or on someones server. The rest is elementary. If it is BTC, than why have anything other than a light wallet, but beyond that there is really not much to think about and really not anything that bear discussion on a forum, so you have at it.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:32:52 PM

I hold my coins in MEW and in exchanges, like Poloniex and Bittrex
LordDisick

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:37:17 PM

Same here I think its best to hold and store our coins in a separate storage  rather than storing it on a single storage because its more secure. Desktop wallet and exchange for me is preferable for coins storage.
Goldberg007

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:47:49 PM

In my wallet
mikewirth

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:57:36 PM

I keep some of the crypto money in the stock exchange to trade, mostly in the Ledger nano S wallet. My method is safe to reduce risk.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:30:27 PM

Majority of my bitcoins I hold in my electrum wallet and some of them are on trading sites where I trade with altcoins to make some quick profits as my portfolio includes multiple altcoins which is possible to have only on trading sites and I keep on playing with them on daily basis depending on the ups and downs of the price of altcoins.
kkofor

Activity: 365

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:07:10 PM

I usually store my coins in offline wallets. I am be hacked online wallet one time. Therefore, I am scared now.
Hanako

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:09:46 PM

Holding it in where wallet that the altcoins are compatible hehe like just (MEW) myetherwallet.com and many more erc20 wallet that supported it. Well i mostly hold my coins in MEW wallet some of it where also in my bittrex account so in that i can buy/sell fast hehehe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: