Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:35:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you hold your coins?  (Read 3658 times)
nik9990

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:34:12 PM

I mostly have coins on the stock exchange, because the capital is small and I trade and keep them long

bapetdik

Activity: 373

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:46:41 PM

So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?

If for security I choose a desktop wallet because if we keep our coins there then no one can pick it up. But I do not like wallet desktop because it takes a long time for all blocks to finish.

panghae

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:55:19 PM

I put all my coins to my hard wallet which is ledger nano s,so far so good theres no single issue i faced.

Zigzagkuy

Activity: 384

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:00:36 PM

So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?

I hold my coins on myetherwallet and some markets. I think as long as you are always careful doing every transaction, I think it's safe. No need to fear but be careful. because many phishing sites.
blankcurb

Activity: 90
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:17:05 PM

Probably not the safest way to do it but I use the Jaxx App for iOS, it has more than 10 other cryptos beyond Bitcoin and Ethereum.

kz06

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:31:34 PM

wallets are to hold coins. you must use wallet for holding coins safer. it is your choice that u want online or offline wallet.
SanZoldyck

Activity: 615
Merit: 105

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:35:33 PM

I thought I would keep it on the desktop wallet and only I know the private key Wink

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:32:11 PM

Most of my portfolio I keep on cold wallets. So it's safer. And to you I recommend. I also have a portfolio for speculation, I keep them on stock exchanges.
DosManos

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:53:11 PM

if the coin has it, i use only cold storage
even if its for a mid term , the security worth the time of moving it
alinka

Activity: 224
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:09:17 PM

I just keep mine in Bittrex because it is a hassle if I keep it on their own specific wallets. There are too many applications that I need to open just to check it and I don't like that.
QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:12:24 PM

I hold them in a plethora of wallets but will soon get myself a Ledger Nano to gain some more safety.
DRAWDE_3691

Activity: 168

Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:08:42 AM

Maybe, the option you have is to download wallet on your desktop, however, be safe and not try to send your private key Grin Grin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   ESCROWCOIN  ●  Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⦿  Discord  ⦿  Twitter  ⦿  Telegram  ⦿
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ⦿  BUY NOW   ⦿  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:50:52 AM

I won't encourage you to hold your coins in exchanges sites for it is not safe even if you have a 2FA. There's already a lot of issues regarding these exchanges sites (I won't mention them to show respect). Although most of these problems are not the developers' fault, we can't deny that if something happened to our account, there's nothing we can do about it.

I will recommend you to use desktop wallets or the local wallets (official wallets of your country). The one that I am using now is an android app wallet called imToken for ethereum and ethereum-based tokens (ERC-20 supported) and the official bitcoin wallet of my country. Holding your coins in these wallets are more safer than dumping your coins in exchange sites. There are other desktop wallets that are great and safe. You just need to keep your private key and other important details of your wallet to keep it secured and safe.
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:39:58 PM

I just keep my coins in exchanges because it is an inconvenience if I keep it on their own specific wallets. There are too many applications that I need to open just to check it and I don't like that.
DIW

Activity: 476
Merit: 131

DIWtoken.com

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:57:26 PM

Storing depends on many elements, ie, type, value and quantity.

There are many places where you can store your coins, usually each coin will have it's own exchange platform.
There are many exchange platforms some examples are: Bittrex, Poloniex, Kucoin and many more.

Some users could store there coins on Desktop wallets.

Other users will decide to store there Bitcoins in the Blockchain, and feel that it's the safest place to hold.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  

Jump to: