Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:52:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Trading Bot]... iTrader ... Cryptsy, Mt.Gox, BTC-e, Vircurex & More supported!  (Read 13063 times)
sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 09:10:46 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 09:36:49 PM by sal002

Insisting that a software vendor use escrow is laughable.

My insistence is not due to the fact that this is a software vendor.  It is due to the fact that at least the last three in a row software vendors that offered similar software for similar prices and had similar new members aaying how good it looked took the money and never gave a product (or even proved one existed besides screenshots).  Given that back-drop, I highly disagree that it is laughable.  And I know John K (who is well respected in this forum) would do so.  Plus MANY software development sites enforce a type of escrow prior to releasing payment.

So, I repeat my offer, full price, escrow thru John K and I will report back to all whether it works or there is malware involved.  Can't see the downside here to the developer - he gets paid in full and a respected forum member here handles the escrow, more sales will come if I report it is legit.  Really only reason to worry is that the legit part is absent - hopefully not.

That being said, firefops proposal would also work.

sal002

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 09:40:56 PM

In the alternative - put up an instant checkout system on your site.  Not too hard to do (many vendors out there), including all the ones located here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195991.0
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:43:54 PM

Insisting that a software vendor use escrow is laughable.

My insistence is not due to the fact that this is a software vendor.  It is due to the fact that at least the last three in a row software vendors that offered similar software for similar prices and had similar new members aaying how good it looked took the money and never gave a product (or even proved one existed besides screenshots).  Given that back-drop, I highly disagree that it is laughable.  And I know John K (who is well respected in this forum) would do so.  Plus MANY software development sites enforce a type of escrow prior to releasing payment.

So, I repeat my offer, full price, escrow thru John K and I will report back to all whether it works or there is malware involved.  Can't see the downside here to the developer - he gets paid in full and a respected forum member here handles the escrow, more sales will come if I report it is legit.  Really only reason to worry is that the legit part is absent - hopefully not.

That being said, firefops proposal would also work.

I'm inclined to agree, I don't really see a reason for being resistant to escrow... it's not like we're asking for all orders to be escrowed, just the first one. Sure that's a delay of a week(ish) on the first order. Bid deal, you've already designed the software. The only other reason I could see for this resistance is that if he's actually getting orders already AND has some sort of malicious aspect to his software - that or it's a straight up scam, the software doesn't exist and he's just hoping that he'll get a 1 or 2 btc off his effort through the binary+source sale.

sal002

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 09:48:19 PM

The only other reason I could see for this resistance is that if he's actually getting orders already AND has some sort of malicious aspect to his software - that or it's a straight up scam, the software doesn't exist and he's just hoping that he'll get a 1 or 2 btc off his effort through the binary+source sale.

He isn't getting orders per the blockchain, yet.
blindfaith

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

www.coincloud.tk :)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:43:26 PM

Hello again everyone, Thanks again for the feedback and comments although so much negative vibes! Sad (although I understand the negativity, seeing as there have apparently been similar trading bots with malicious code attached in the past!) ..How about I offer a 10% refund offer for the first 3 who post a review?

Would it really kill you to just give it to a few of the trusted members here? Seriously. It won't cost you anything to do so and once its shown to be legit you'll be rolling in the dough.
You are probably concerned that whomever you give it to will leak it to the community for free. I get that. I wouldn't want that to happen to my work either. The thing is you would know who you gave the program too. Hell you could even add a bit of code in it identifying who got what copy when you give it out so you can tell who may have leaked it on you and then you can take appropriate action against them.

The very fact that you won't do this, or even accept escrow only tells the community that this is a scam and nothing more. You now have made it so you have to prove its a legit program. No one has to prove its a scam. Everyone believes that already. You have to show them that they are wrong.

I am not being negative, or critical I am being logical. I want your program to succeed and I want to use it myself but I won't touch anything like that without someone well known giving it a thumbs up first.

I don't mean to be awkward but I'm not going to be pressured into giving out free copies of my program..
If I wasn't so new to the forum myself maybe I would have more trust in the escrow's on offer but as I've explained before I've been scammed by escrow's in the past and therefore don't wish to use another. I can see why it may be seen as a scam due to what has happened in the past but still don't wish to share source to prove its legit.  Again I thank everyone for your comments, offers and interest in the bot.
I'll repeat my offer, any forum members (first 3) who do choose to buy the bot and write a review I'll offer a 10% refund! Smiley
I've said my part now, I don't mind if you choose to hold off buying the bot until then and look forward to doing business with you in the future!

Not sure what to write here so:

DELIVERY?: Yes / 21st
VIRUS?: No / Clean
G.U.I: 4/5
EASE OF USE: 4/5
OVERALL: 4/5

IMPROVEMENT: Add CampBX, Vicurex, Bitstamp

I'll re-review this in a week or so once I let it run for a while.

Refund plz! Grin
PM Sent

A Ship Is Safe In The Harbor,  But That's Not What Ships Are For | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll
~ 3 BTC Raffle! Free Entry! > here! .. Also check out my own little project here & find out how to earn mBTC by chatting here ~ Smiley
sal002

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 01:36:43 PM

Screenshots?  Also, your nick doesn't inspire confidence Smiley
blindfaith

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:59:52 PM

Screenshots?  Also, your nick doesn't inspire confidence Smiley

http://snag.gy/NUFAE.jpg

?

haha, someone else said that in another board (it's the name of a song!)

A Ship Is Safe In The Harbor,  But That's Not What Ships Are For | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll
~ 3 BTC Raffle! Free Entry! > here! .. Also check out my own little project here & find out how to earn mBTC by chatting here ~ Smiley
sal002

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 10:40:07 PM

Maybe a bit pessimistic - but does it really show multiple windows in the task bar - plus have the icons differ (not sure why)?
blindfaith

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 11:33:24 PM

Maybe a bit pessimistic - but does it really show multiple windows in the task bar - plus have the icons differ (not sure why)?

Yeah although it's handy for having open the ones you want/dont and I don't know, maybe just a mistake?

iTrader (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 03:17:26 PM

Yeah although it's handy for having open the ones you want/dont and I don't know, maybe just a mistake?

Blind faith, Refund/PM Sent!

I will consider adding an option to disable the multiple windows if possible and the different icons were intentional although I'll make them match in future if you like? lol
dudeguy

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:55:21 PM

You should consider making this program free, as there are free programs: https://github.com/TobbeLino/GoxTradingBotTobli

that the creator would attest to making tons of BTC by opening up BTC donations!

The interface looks very sleek, but day traders or casual traders are more concerned with functionality--so give them that same functionality but with a cleaner interface, and you'll be the go-to application for casual traders.

I hope this advice helps you. Also, consider posting a link to your software on http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency      http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin     and http://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin

If I helped, hook me up with a copy. Smiley
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:28:30 AM

@ iTrader

Am I allowed to share the source code with evaluators in order to determine if this software has any bad code in it?

I see there is a great level of hesitation on spending the 1 bitcoin to get the source. Any chance you can allow me to share the code with a few select folks so they can look over the code carefully? (Yes, I will buy it)

I own several trading bots so it's not like this is the first.
iTrader (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 08:12:12 PM

As I've said before I've decided what I will be doing with the bot and that is small time sales, sell a few copies - see what kind of interest it had.
Although I am still planning to add a few more exchanges in the next release and I would prefer if the people who have bought the program keep the source to themselves but obviously I can't stop it from being shared..
1base58

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 10:09:16 PM

@ iTrader

Am I allowed to share the source code with evaluators in order to determine if this software has any bad code in it?

I see there is a great level of hesitation on spending the 1 bitcoin to get the source. Any chance you can allow me to share the code with a few select folks so they can look over the code carefully? (Yes, I will buy it)

I own several trading bots so it's not like this is the first.

If the source code was reviewed by trusted forum members, and confirmed in this thread, then it would make people more confident in using it.
dudeguy

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:34:33 AM

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gox-trading-bot/iejmifigokhpcgpmoacllcdiceicmejb?hl=en

There is already a highly successful trading bot. It's 100% free.

Consider asking for donations. If you product comes with a proven strategy--so you have proof to back it up as in a large sample size of data, then I'm more than certain people will be shipping you twice the amount of BTC than you are getting now.

It might seem silly, but there are plenty of free to play or free to use software/games that gross way more than huge software/game titles that are priced quite high.

Opening up your software will be the best thing you could ever do. Not to mention LTC on gox is likely coming quite soon, and it wouldn't hurt to buy up as many LTC as you can with some fresh new BTC in your wallet.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers!
uhnonamiss

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:09:03 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 05:27:58 PM by uhnonamiss

wow  best trading bot iv'e seen so far Cheesy      

before i buy it what is it written in ? c++, java, c#.     also  does it connect to a server for drm checks or connect to a server for auto updates or do you simply send everybody the newest version ?
iTrader (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:11:52 AM

Update!

v4 Released
(I'm running late for work so I'll update the website later and fill all orders when I'm back home!)

Major Updates:

Re-designed the Connections tab and Added 5 new exchanges! - Cryptsy, Vircurex, CampBX, mcxNOW and Bter

Minor updates:

Corrected the program's icon so they all match.
A few minor GUI changes to implement the new exchanges and varied currencies.

There may be a few bugs with the new exchanges as I don't use each of the currencies but everything seems to working as it should so far!

Enjoy!
blindfaith

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:45:25 AM

Update!

v4 Released
(I'm running late for work so I'll update the website later and fill all orders when I'm back home!)

Major Updates:

Re-designed the Connections tab and Added 5 new exchanges! - Cryptsy, Vircurex, CampBX, mcxNOW and Bter

Minor updates:

Corrected the program's icon so they all match.
A few minor GUI changes to implement the new exchanges and varied currencies.

There may be a few bugs with the new exchanges as I don't use each of the currencies but everything seems to working as it should so far!

Enjoy!

Wow big update! Cheesy nice one, I can't wait to try it out!
I get updates free right?

quote from your website
* Updates will be automatically sent out, free-of-charge to everyone who has already purchased the program.

Cheesy

iTrader (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 01:43:11 PM

Just popped on briefly to see if there were any replies, and yes - Updates are free, I'll send them out when I'm home!
iTrader (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 07:46:46 PM

Website partly updates, sent out updates, bump!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: