Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:39:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin rise to $500k in three years?  (Read 5951 times)
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:08:40 AM

Unless I'm imagining it it was actually John McAfee's wife who tweeted that when he was out and then I guess he took ownership of it when the publicity rolled in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rana590

Activity: 1736
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:18:18 AM

So guys, what do you think about McAfee prediction - will Bitcoin jump to $500 000 till August 2020?
I think it is not possible. We can predict anything but all our prediction is not correct. $500k is not a little price. Bitcoin is more strong crypto in the crypto world but reaching $500k for Bitcoin is so hard in three year. It can be reached on $30k.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:14:25 PM

So guys, what do you think about McAfee prediction - will Bitcoin jump to $500 000 till August 2020?
I think it is not possible. We can predict anything but all our prediction is not correct. $500k is not a little price. Bitcoin is more strong crypto in the crypto world but reaching $500k for Bitcoin is so hard in three year. It can be reached on $30k.
It is a pretty small price if you consider the sizes of the stock market and currencies in general.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:29:29 PM

It is a pretty small price if you consider the sizes of the stock market and currencies in general.
if Bitcoin is advertised by such conversations, then when people hear forecasts about 500,000 dollars for Bitcoin, then the popularity of the crypto currency will increase so much that in reality demand can revive such a price.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:41:31 PM

if Bitcoin is advertised by such conversations, then when people hear forecasts about 500,000 dollars for Bitcoin, then the popularity of the crypto currency will increase so much that in reality demand can revive such a price.
There are many use cases that make Bitcoin superior to existing markets, which could raise the price to such levels without people even seeing those types of forecasts.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2912
Merit: 597

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:52:00 PM

%0.000001 chance to hit 500k in three years. But there is %10 chance to hit 100k in next three years. And i will bet on %10 and hodl my coins

At least there is chance right?  Cheesy As long as bitcoin will hit $10,000 for the next year and even higher for the consecutive years that does matter to me. I'm good already with bitcoin at $10,000 and I'm not going to expect more so if the price gets higher and reaches beyond $10,000 that's a jackpot for me. And if the price didn't reached more than $10,000 and that won't hurt me well either.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:56:37 PM

%0.000001 chance to hit 500k in three years. But there is %10 chance to hit 100k in next three years. And i will bet on %10 and hodl my coins

At least there is chance right?  Cheesy As long as bitcoin will hit $10,000 for the next year and even higher for the consecutive years that does matter to me. I'm good already with bitcoin at $10,000 and I'm not going to expect more so if the price gets higher and reaches beyond $10,000 that's a jackpot for me. And if the price didn't reached more than $10,000 and that won't hurt me well either.
Just be careful with Bitcoin forking left and right. It might end up dropping instead of rising depending on how things play out. I doubt it will, but it's always best to be prepared for the worst.
andytranter

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Am i a millionaire yet?

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:40:26 PM

In my opinion, this very well could happen. But, bitcoin must be adopted by one of the big online retailers. Without it, btc is just pure speculation with very little real world application. The price is too heavily inflated by speculative holders.

If and when amazon/eBay or similar adopt btc, then we will see huge growth.

Made you look!
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:50:50 PM

In my opinion, this very well could happen. But, bitcoin must be adopted by one of the big online retailers. Without it, btc is just pure speculation with very little real world application. The price is too heavily inflated by speculative holders.

Bitcoin can also just simply be used as an investment only currency. If it was the denominator of the altcoin market, just like fiat is the denominator for stocks, it would easily grow beyond 100k just based off of that alone.
batang_bitcoin

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:51:48 PM

Just be careful with Bitcoin forking left and right. It might end up dropping instead of rising depending on how things play out. I doubt it will, but it's always best to be prepared for the worst.
Expect those forks will come but for now let's assume a good guess for the dip that's happening right now. Preparation will make us ready on whatever will happen and I'm into it, I'm not saying that I can take if the price of bitcoin will be dipping too much but I'm more prepared of it's rise. Let's don't think that way but let's prepare for the best not for worst.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:53:29 PM

Expect those forks will come but for now let's assume a good guess for the dip that's happening right now. Preparation will make us ready on whatever will happen and I'm into it, I'm not saying that I can take if the price of bitcoin will be dipping too much but I'm more prepared of it's rise. Let's don't think that way but let's prepare for the best not for worst.
Nah, always prepare for the worst. That way nothing will ever stop you. If the best happens that's great, but you're still prepared for when it doesn't.
Pasnik

Activity: 649
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:08:54 PM

Bitcoin can also just simply be used as an investment only currency. If it was the denominator of the altcoin market, just like fiat is the denominator for stocks, it would easily grow beyond 100k just based off of that alone.
Yes bitcoin most use as investment because more users see its chance of the price to grow and more likely everyone can easily get profit. This is also the reasons why many adopts its use so moreover bitcoin will rise high.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
dhas

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:23:55 PM

Oh I think it is too early speculation for bitcoin. Yes we all know that bitcoin has a potential to reach that amount.
For me I think the best things that we can do is too wait and believe that someday bitcoin will be that sucessful in the future.
Bitcoin is a fast growing investment.
And BTC proved it many times.
It can grow 30% of its current value in two months especially it there is a huge demand of bitcoin in the market.
But $500,000 in August 2020?
I think it quiet big and hard for bitcoin to reach despite its a fast growing investment.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:31:21 PM

Oh I think it is too early speculation for bitcoin. Yes we all know that bitcoin has a potential to reach that amount.
For me I think the best things that we can do is too wait and believe that someday bitcoin will be that sucessful in the future.
Bitcoin is a fast growing investment.
And BTC proved it many times.
It can grow 30% of its current value in two months especially it there is a huge demand of bitcoin in the market.
But $500,000 in August 2020?
I think it quiet big and hard for bitcoin to reach despite its a fast growing investment.
even you wait few years or 1 decade for sure bitcoin will not reach 500, 000 dollars . Bitcoin for sure will increase more in the future and it will become successful because for sure many investor will invesy to this coin.
batang_bitcoin

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:31:59 AM

Nah, always prepare for the worst. That way nothing will ever stop you. If the best happens that's great, but you're still prepared for when it doesn't.
I'm optimistic when it comes to the bitcoin speculation I don't want to hurt myself and I don't want to expect too much too. But you have the point, most of us should always prepare for the worst but if I'm not expecting anything like that on this time. We've been through a lot of increases and even $1,000 before does fit us already and now we are going through a lot of dips and as well as pumps.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
imyashir
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:50:10 AM

if you happen that very luck with the holder of it. if you happen again this large can help its community possible smaller the population of poor if now just hide that they Bitcoin. but just one this rumor.
andytranter

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Am i a millionaire yet?

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:14:48 AM

Yes but then bitcoin becomes the Ponzi scheme most people are afraid it is. If it only grows because new people are investing in btc, which benefits the earlier investors, that is the clear definition of a ponzi/pyramid scheme.

I really think that to take it to the next level, it’s needs to be wifey accepted. And I don’t mean with small, niche retailers. A western organisation/retailer needs to get on board, and in my opinion this needs to be done in the next 12 months. I think after that, unless there is a real and fundamental change, people will start to doubt bitcoin.

Made you look!
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:04:39 PM

I just predict that bitcoin prices in the next 3 years will be around $ 15000. I think, the $ 500k price is too high for 1 bitcoin. even when bitcoin is in need, I do not think the price will go that high within 3 years.

yeah agree,  500,000$ dollars in three years is pretty high and seems impossible for bitcoin to achieve that price and as you see based on its price history since 2009 till today 2017 the bitcoins value arent go overboard on its 8 years of existence though we see a really high price jump last week. overall i believe that bitcoin can still pump to 10,000 dollars going to 15,000 dollars by the next year.
Haslett5236

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:47:16 PM

I just predict that bitcoin prices in the next 3 years will be around $ 15000. I think, the $ 500k price is too high for 1 bitcoin. even when bitcoin is in need, I do not think the price will go that high within 3 years.

yeah agree,  500,000$ dollars in three years is pretty high and seems impossible for bitcoin to achieve that price and as you see based on its price history since 2009 till today 2017 the bitcoins value arent go overboard on its 8 years of existence though we see a really high price jump last week. overall i believe that bitcoin can still pump to 10,000 dollars going to 15,000 dollars by the next year.
depand on bitcoin's price in 2014 , the price only 500-600$ but look at now , 6000+ 7000+$ , so how do you think impossible?

impossible is nothing as nike said , we are all looking forward .
truongdhnh

Activity: 870
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:00:48 PM

depand on bitcoin's price in 2014 , the price only 500-600$ but look at now , 6000+ 7000+$ , so how do you think impossible?

impossible is nothing as nike said , we are all looking forward .
Bitcoin went from roughly $500 to more than $7000 in 3 years and it could go up 10x or 20x from $7000 in next 3 years. I do not think $500,000 but $100,000 ok.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: