Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:44:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to use bitcoin like offline currency?  (Read 7689 times)
JCLee

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:06:48 PM

It is also possible to use it offline 'cause there's a lot of exchanging bank that are accepting bitcoin it can literally use to buy things with your local currency but the question have a two meaning if it is can use offline to buy something on the streets or something that you want to buy at local store your friend might be curious about this but try to explain her/him the most possible idea of what bitcoin has.
LOL. I don't think so. Bank don't wanna accept Bitcoin cause it can affect a lot to bank system so there are no bank that accept Bitcoin exchange yet. At the moment when Bitcoin is not legalized in any where I think people still need to exchange Bitcoin into cash through some exchange like Coinbase cause it's almost impossible to find out an offline place that accept Bitcoin for payment.

Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:58:37 PM

I think it cant still developers need to develop bitcoin to be able to use in offline transaction which seems imposible because we all know we need internet access in order to access bitcoin wallets.So it seems like using as offline currency yes you can but you cant dispose and transact offline

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
YTBitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:33:40 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that use online through internet thats why it is impossible to use it offline. Maybe if government accept it and make it as a tangible currency like our money we can use it offline.
Yes, bitcoin can not be used offline because the concept of bitcoin is that its an online crypto currency which can be used for your transactions online. Another reason is that there are thousands of ledgers being maintained online for the transparency of the bitcoin, so the problem with offline transactions is that it will not be added into the online ledger. As there are millions of transactions of bitcoin per day so there will not be any transparency in the block chain method.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:05:16 AM

Few days ago a friend asked me this questions. But i cannot understanding that how to i give him answer. At last i said him that, bitcoin is an online currency. Only this currency used in online marketplaces. It is not possible to use it in offline marketplace like offline currency.

But what is your best answer of this question?
Actually in other country like Japan and USA are now accepting bitcoin as mode of payment but it will take a lot of time to be get accepted world wide because other country think it as a threat. Is is advantages to have bitcoin in offline transaction because it is very convinient that is why I prefer to have this kind of transaction.
The concept of crypto currency is the online system, if it is being used offline than it will effect the ledger system which is being maintained in different parts of the world. Those ledger systems will not be able to track the offline transactions and let’s say if any transaction has occurred in offline manner, then the beneficial party will not be able to use it, until the ledger gets updated. It is better to bring everyone online than to make online/offline system.
doomloop

Activity: 2296
Merit: 581

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:41:44 PM

Few days ago a friend asked me this questions. But i cannot understanding that how to i give him answer. At last i said him that, bitcoin is an online currency. Only this currency used in online marketplaces. It is not possible to use it in offline marketplace like offline currency.

Actually in other country like Japan and USA are now accepting bitcoin as mode of payment but it will take a lot of time to be get accepted world wide because other country think it as a threat. Is is advantages to have bitcoin in offline transaction because it is very convinient that is why I prefer to have this kind of transaction.
The concept of crypto currency is the online system, if it is being used offline than it will effect the ledger system which is being maintained in different parts of the world. Those ledger systems will not be able to track the offline transactions and let’s say if any transaction has occurred in offline manner, then the beneficial party will not be able to use it, until the ledger gets updated. It is better to bring everyone online than to make online/offline system.
This will turn the world more hassle and I think all crypto currencies are online currencies now. Shopping with bitcoin and other currencies are requiring now internet connection because without this it is not possible. Now many things are able to buy and with even online currency and I know bitcoin will help a lot of other online goods to buy then I think there is no high need of real money does exist but online currencies are pretty important.

bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:26:00 PM

Generally speaking it makes no sense for me to think of Bitcoin as an offline currency, as the whole idea of the blockchain is to be interconnected by building a large distributed network, that operates via the internet.
However I recently read about this project that wants to implement a system where they are using radio frequences for transferring crypto value. So this is aiming at becoming kind of a crypto without the need for the internet. Maybe its not possible to do this, Im not very into the technicalities, but its still interesting.
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:48:58 AM

Bitcoin is online process and all country people connect the bitcoin. It use for the online transaction process. So it will not use in offline currency. So you will leaen the bitcoin process. Then you will know about the bitcoin using process. Bitcoin is future digital currecny so no one can chage the coin peocess. No one can controller. It will help to the all country people life and use the future investment. Improve business process.
kdrama

Activity: 176

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:00:08 AM

No it can't be used bitcoin is based on the internet there will be no update if it is not in the internet i mean it is useless without internet.

kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:28:56 PM

Exactly! The basic concept behind this bitcoin and all other crypto currencies which are there in the real world is to introduce such kind of currencies which are entirely dependent on internet. There is no possible way of using such kind of crypto coins and that too without having an internet connection. Digital currencies do need to have an internet connection and we cannot treat them like offline currencies.
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:41:36 PM

No it can't be used bitcoin is based on the internet there will be no update if it is not in the internet i mean it is useless without internet.
Yes, internet is necessary and the reason is that after every single transaction, the block chain system needs to get effective and up gradation is necessary. If the currency started working online for even 2 mins, there will be a lot of corruption because of the non up gradation of the account ledger. So in easy word if I make a payment to you, you will not receive it until the block chain system transfer it from my account to yours and upgrade the ledger.
eloymjb

Activity: 247

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:47:36 AM

in my own opinion, for now that bitcoin know as a cryptocurrency (online currency). there is no way to this to use like offline currency, first you need an internet to make transaction on bitcoin and second bitcoin is an online currency that you didnt hold or touch knor you have an internet. but who knows in the future hope they find ways to use it in offline currency in the future.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM TWITTER INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
larry1942

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:12:39 AM

bitcoin can possibly work offline how would transaction go through but if it was offline it would be more safer
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:00:45 PM

Actually,  it is depending on the situation. But as of now,  it is still impossible because we cannot earn without connecting to the internet in our country. Maybe in the future,  it could be possible. But if that would happen,  maybe we are not alive anymore or if we are still alive,  then it could be possible that we cannot earn bitcoin anymore.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:44:38 PM

Actually it's possible to use bitcoin in offline marketplace. The problem is are there any place that accept bitcoin in real life as the payment ? Because it's really rare especially in my country. I don't know about other country but there is no marketplace or shops that accept bitcoin here, maybe it will happen in the future.
It is not really possible to use bitcoin offline to make transactions. Because we all know that bitcoin really involves the use of the internet. But you can actually exchange it first to your country's currency and cash it out through some banks and use it for transactions you want. That is how it goes in our country.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:27:47 PM

bitcoin can possibly work offline how would transaction go through but if it was offline it would be more safer
Bitcoin and all other crypto coins cannot be treated like all other regular currencies. All the crypto coins are entirely dependent on internet for performing different sort of operations and transactions. Internet connection is a must condition and we really need it of we want to perform any sort of operation related to that of crypto coins. Without internet, there is no other way of using them.
Laregrell

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:25:35 PM

Atm and paper wallet can be used as offline wallet but generally it is hard to use bitcoin without internet access.
yes for now bitcoin for online only
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:47:35 PM

Even now bitcoin transaction is fair enough because it is not taking much time now; according to me it is not easy because bitcoin needs internet and it is from digital world so if bitcoin will increase in price will give us benefit by high transaction. If bitcoin will announced as offline currency it will make bitcoin price very high and will give huge profit. I know now bitcoin is helping people and it will help always and forever.
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:22:45 PM

For now, It's still impossible to use Bitcoin and all other cryptocurrencies like offline currency. Bitcoin is not legalized in any country yet so it's very difficult to find out an offline place that accept Bitcoin for payment. Beside it's digital currency so use Bitcoin without internet like offline currency is impossible Smiley)

Rightchoice

Activity: 347
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:29:37 PM

Yes, now using Bitcoin is becoming as easy as it is to use our country official currencies. As the popularity is on all-time high! However, it is vital that we don’t misuse it. When I say misuse, I take myself back to 2015 start, I had some Bitcoin and I sold it for purchasing some offline stuff.

So, right now that Bitcoin which I sold could have given me $1700! As in 2015 the price was hardly noticeable. This is why you need to be aware of when to use it and when not.

Now, I always keep up with the Bitcoin Price, it makes life a lot easier!
yohaneshs

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:45:37 AM

I think crypto can't change a offline currency because each nation have a regulation and they has central bank to control all thing about money

Crypto has a good trend in this year and some people use that for investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: