Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:47:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to use bitcoin like offline currency?  (Read 7688 times)
Leeeeeya

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:08:21 PM

I don't think bitcoin will be an offline currency because it is not designed to be like the currency you are holding now, and as of now government doesn't accept this as a currency or payment method so that would be impossible.
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:10:20 PM

I think it's hard to come true, how could bitcoin be able to replace the offline currency that is currently circulating, enough visible lack of bitcoin to be able to replace it as offline currency, offline currency has existed since long and difficult to replace it, almost all people use as a tool for transactions and not everyone knows bitcoin or use, and I think the offline currency will continue to be in its position for quite a long time
doch

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:20:36 PM

If you look at 2018, when people are still using mostly offline currencies for every transaction, it is unlikely that cryptocurrencies will replace offline currencies. However, in the next 15 years, when online payment technology became popular, the use of Bitcoin, altcoins to pay at that time will become famous and ultimately replace the cash.
Although its not looking as easy that cryto currency will totally replace fiat currency but in near future i think at least it will reduce the use of fiat currency because of the increasing interest of the people in crypto currency. In future the use of crypto currency will surely increase and then people will even use crypto currency as even now in some places people have the facilities of using bitcoin for shopping in offline stores.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:33:52 PM

I don't think bitcoin will be an offline currency because it is not designed to be like the currency you are holding now, and as of now government doesn't accept this as a currency or payment method so that would be impossible.

The major hurdle today with the bitcoin is that it is not consider as a currency in many countries. Like our government has already clarified that it is not a legal tender and cannot be considered as a currency. Now due to such things it rules out the option of the offline currency thing.  It needs to be treated differently in order to move forward.
FARid211

Activity: 1904
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:09:15 PM

everyone knows that it is a Internet business.... so i can say that it is not possible in offline currency...
ICOTREND

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:15:13 AM

Bitcoin  is used to buy valuable thing as real money, and it can be exchanged. We can exchange the crypto currency to take real money with huge value.
We can say that at this time bitcoin is the world's most valuable coins.
BrokenRules

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:19:27 AM

Bitcoin is known as the payment currency very fast, secure and applied to online services. However, from 2015 onwards, many businesses use this currency as a method of payment, both online and offline.
BrokenRules

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:39:16 AM

Bitcoin is the most prevalent codec, first introduced, and widely used in e-commerce with low transaction costs and no intermediary organizations. Bitcoin is like real money but can not be used in offline environments such as cash but can only be used online based on internet transactions.
hoabien780

Activity: 13
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:23:21 AM

Bitcoin is the most typical of crypto currency, first published, and widely used in e-commerce with small transaction costs and not through intermediary organizations. Bitcoin is like real money but can not be used in offline market such as cash but can only be used online based on internet transactions.
rhayot

Activity: 351

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:07:30 PM

It is not possible to use the bitcoin as an offline currency. Because bitcoin runs in online, if there’s no internet you cannot use your bitcoin. And besides bitcoin is formulated by blockchain servers which needs an internet.
damrianto

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:00:37 PM

is it possible bitcoin without currency .... it could not be this a wrong bitcoin question keep using online currency. you can choose with dollars or euros. every sale you can have a currency that is customized in your country.
Darknight31

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:30:07 PM

In my opinion bitcoin cannot use as offline currency because no one had seen bitcoin that how it actually it looks and the another most important thing is bitcoin is a digital currency which means you have a access to internet for its use.
I guess it is not possible to use bitcoin as an offline currency because it takes a lot of considerations before it can be. You have to have an access with the internet because most transactions operates with the internet, it is a digital currency with digital operations. You have to have a gadget that can access bitcoin, because you'll need it together with the internet
FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:44:04 AM

this is not possible because this is decentralized and Digital currency no body can hold it people are doing mining investment that is possible through by internet only so there is lot of things like that may be in future can do anything where people can take advantage from it will be easy to use it.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:53:33 AM

this is not possible because this is decentralized and Digital currency no body can hold it people are doing mining investment that is possible through by internet only so there is lot of things like that may be in future can do anything where people can take advantage from it will be easy to use it.

Yes you are right bitcoin cannot be used as an offline currencies because it is an online crypto currency so you will not convert as normal paper currency if you want to use the only way is to exchange bitcoin as your home country currency . In future it may be possible it will very useful for bitcoin users .

Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:27:05 AM

I don’t think that it’s possible to use bitcoin offline. First of all bitcoin is a digital currency and basically having internet connection is the only possible way to access bitcoin.  You have to be online for you to make faster transactions using crypto currency or bitcoin.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:36:00 PM

In my opinion even though Bitcoin is mostly using in transactions online people should consider it as a mode of payment. I know that only few stores and only the online market place do this but I think that Bitcoin is intended for that purpose. And if more shops or market place accept it then it will really be beneficial to us.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:27:15 AM

There is a huge difference in between all the digital currencies and other regular currencies. All the regular currencies are independent of internet and there is no such need of having an internet connection to perform any of the transaction or any other thing like that.

On the other hand, when it comes to that of digital currencies having an internet connection is no doubt a must condition and there seems no possible way of using them like offline currencies.
Noelbetty12

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:53:54 PM

While I am trying to answer this question, I came to think that if it is offline it might or should appear like a paper currency and thus it will be like money in paper. So what else then is the difference? I think it might forfeit some of its functions as being an online or digital currency. If this is turned to paper for offline use, I think their is a possibility of it being faked as it would be hard to directly check these papers authenticity.

【 MARGINLESS.IO 】 (https://www.marginless.io/)
【Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker!】
CoinsInvest9

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:49:25 PM

It can be possible to use Bitcoin like offline currency. The solution would be, not to transfer the Bitcoins but to handover wallets with predifined funds. But there must be solved one problem: You need a centralized service, which provides certificates and encryptes private keys.
If it have a centralized service, which provides certificates and encryptes private keys, you still need internet to connect and confirm transaction, so i think Bitcoin is not possible to use bitcoin like offline currency because it's just digital money and if it need have internet to able to work. It's too hard to using it like physical money in the life.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   CEWNOTE  ●  NEWS DECENTRALIZED - EARN ON ARTICLE   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⋐⋐⋐ facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ⋑⋑⋑
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ⋐⋐  PRIVATE-SALE | Sep, 4th, 18  ⋑⋑  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Conquerogue32

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:52:51 PM

While you can store your Bitcoins offline through hardware wallets, the only way to transfer them is through the internet since transactions need to be connected and confirmed in the blockchain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: