Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:25:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to use bitcoin like offline currency?  (Read 7706 times)
khalifa25

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:33:43 AM

For me would have to be a yes only if you would convert the same to fiat currency  nonethelessif you meant that you can transact pay, send, withdraw, loan, among others with BITCOIN offline, then maybe if you have an app or software especially designed for that purposes of others
gabinsight

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 10:58:37 AM

Just like the name digital currency and when you digital you mean computer base.. Like Gold that you have seen with your naked eyes and held the physically, bitcoin is completely digital and can't be seen in real the world... So obviously bitcoins cannot be used in the offline market.
wandino

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:08:41 PM

As of now bitcoin cannnot be used as a offline currency but can be used very much to buy offline commodities.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:05:07 PM

For me would have to be a yes only if you would convert the same to fiat currency  nonethelessif you meant that you can transact pay, send, withdraw, loan, among others with BITCOIN offline, then maybe if you have an app or software especially designed for that purposes of others
But if you will convert bitcoin in to fiat currency it will no more remain as digital currency and even it will lose its origionality, i do not think that bitcoin can be use as offline currency we can only use bitcoin online,but it is for shore that we can use bitcoin for shopping not online in online shops but we can also use it in offline shops.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:54:43 AM

I don’t really think so that any such currency which needs to have an internet connection for performing of any kind of transaction can be treated like that of an offline currency and that it is impossible to treat any of the crypto currency in the very similar manner as we deal with other regular currencies. Bitcoin is an online digital currency and it has its own pre requisites which needs to be fulfilled.
mendozaaria1

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 11:28:48 AM

definitely yes, because if there is no internet we can not open websites, we can not use all the sites without internet, we can not use bitcoin, I know the internet only to make use of bitcoin.

UnitedCrowd◈TRANSPARENT◈SECURE◈COMPLIANT◈
Digital direct fundings for your company  (https://unitedcrowd.com/)
[/cente
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:12:17 PM

For me,a big NO!. Cause you need to connect it to internet every time to update its value. Too much unstable value currency is the main problem. Like the early bitcoiner user said before, the main reason of bitcoin is take off the barrier of all currency around the world using internet (online connection). Offline is not allowed.
Ethan Manson

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:57:32 AM

I think internet connections need to be made to complete and confirm a transaction so I don't know how it would be possible to get confirmations of a transaction whilst offline, this will obviously pull up security concerns when trying to transact
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:48:41 AM

For me,a big NO!. Cause you need to connect it to internet every time to update its value. Too much unstable value currency is the main problem. Like the early bitcoiner user said before, the main reason of bitcoin is take off the barrier of all currency around the world using internet (online connection). Offline is not allowed.
bitcoin surely needs an internet conection in order to send payments online but i think it is still posible to use it offline , like for example if there is a bitcoin atm. bitcoin atm's are already pre loaded with money and all you need to do is to input or scan your qr code in your bitcoin wallet in order to process those transactions, the money will automatically dipense after that. Same as in grocery stores because on the grocery the cashier only use barcodes in order to scan the code of the product and i think it will be also possible to the qr codes of our bitcoin wallet.
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:07:10 AM

Bitcoin and other cryptos can only be used with an internet connection, thats why it ia sometimes called as "internet money". Without this, transactions cannot be processed. But im hoping that one day, all cryptos can be used even without internet. Like here in our country, internet connection is very slow. Due to this, converting btc into fiat and the process of cashing it out takes time.
Rampagoe004

Activity: 1470
Merit: 291

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 08:34:56 AM

If my opinion bitcoin we can not use for shopping offline because bitcoin just a virtual that we can use in the transaction in the form of online only Especially in our country is not allowed transactions using bitcoin be it online or offline

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:11:08 AM

There is a big difference. Offline currencies we can hold them in our hands physically, we can give it to people without having to make use of electronics or devices and electricity and the rest of them. They are also accepted in every business and in stores. But the way Bitcoin is, you can’t be able to use it as an offline currency, cause it’s totally different.
1jaffa1

Activity: 280
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:34:34 AM

In my opinion bitcoin cannot use as offline currency because no one had seen bitcoin that how it actually it looks and the another most important thing is bitcoin is a digital currency which means you have a access to internet for its use.
nakamura12

Activity: 2310
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:45:54 PM

my opinion can not be used to spend bitcoin units in the offline market ,bitcoin has not been designed like gold that is easily redeemed in the offline market ,tell your friends bitcoin can not to spend on offline ,however can be used over to internet ,dont worry bitcoin growing rapidly in the future may be possible to shop in the offline market
I like what doell mention, it may be possible to spend bitcoin offline. Why do some people think that it's not possible yet? The answer is bitcoin is an online currency which means you need to accesss internet first before you can spend that is why we can't spend offline but as i said it may happen that you can spend bitcoin offline in the future but for now we can spend bitcoin online.

Nakamura12 Sig Space and Avatar 4 Rent
genology

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:05:23 PM

I received some news before that KFC is already accepting Bitcoin as mode of payment. There are also other small businesses adopting Bitcoin to their systems since Bitcoin is popular nowadays and they believe it will help the growthnof their businesses.

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM
Findingnemo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 793

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:13:23 PM

Bitcoin and other cryptos can only be used with an internet connection, thats why it ia sometimes called as "internet money". Without this, transactions cannot be processed. But im hoping that one day, all cryptos can be used even without internet. Like here in our country, internet connection is very slow. Due to this, converting btc into fiat and the process of cashing it out takes time.

Yes , bitcoin will not used as offline currency it is an online currency if you want to buy , sell and exchange you will definitely need an internet without internet it is not possible but in future bitcoin linked with banks it will possible to invest using banks and withdraw using bitcoin ATM centers it is the only way available in my mind .

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 331

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:49:59 PM

There is a big difference. Offline currencies we can hold them in our hands physically, we can give it to people without having to make use of electronics or devices and electricity and the rest of them. They are also accepted in every business and in stores. But the way Bitcoin is, you can’t be able to use it as an offline currency, cause it’s totally different.
Its really totally different since its a digital currency and it does work as it should be and cant really be considered to be used on offline. How would you create such thing supplying out 21 Million physical bitcoin into almost 10B entire population of the world?Its really an impossible thing and beyond all adoption isnt still there and it wont really come to a point that no government would really oppose to this idea.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
anahillesheim

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:13:50 PM

I think it cant still developers need to develop bitcoin to be able to use in offline transaction which seems impossible because we all know we need internet access in order to access bitcoin wallets.So it seems like using as offline currency yes you can but you cant dispose and transact offline
19faraon88

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:58:21 AM

For now, its very impossible to have transaction in Offline mode. Bitcoin prices is real time and always movement every second. But we are not close the possibility that someday bitcoin can transact through offline.
Wolfwar

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:32:14 PM

I think it cant still developers need to develop bitcoin to be able to use in offline transaction which seems impossible because we all know we need internet access in order to access bitcoin wallets.So it seems like using as offline currency yes you can but you cant dispose and transact offline
The fact is that many tokens will be used as a means of payment in different online stores, they will practically have real and stable value. Perhaps with small fluctuations. But as for Bitcoin, I very much doubt that this coin will be used as a means of payment very broad.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: