Bitcoin Forum
September 20, 2024, 08:24:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to use bitcoin like offline currency?  (Read 7775 times)
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:11:09 PM

I think it cant still developers need to develop bitcoin to be able to use in offline transaction which seems impossible because we all know we need internet access in order to access bitcoin wallets.So it seems like using as offline currency yes you can but you cant dispose and transact offline
The fact is that many tokens will be used as a means of payment in different online stores, they will practically have real and stable value. Perhaps with small fluctuations. But as for Bitcoin, I very much doubt that this coin will be used as a means of payment very broad.
I think so. Indeed, bitcoins are increasingly being used in commercial and business activities around the world. I believe that the day that bitcoin became common currency is not too far away, so you will probably be able to use bitcoin anywhere in the world without having to carry anything other than a bitcoin wallet.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:56:11 PM

As of now bitcoin together with the other crypto currencies were not used like a money in my country, but in the other country since this coin is used in the whole world they allowed them to used as exchange of stuffs. I wish that it was happen also in our country, because definitely more people will become happy if it is happen. For now we still using paper money it's because government in our country were not yet permissible bitcoin to used like real money.
El_rancho

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:01:39 AM

I think there is so much room for the possibility that it can be adopted and utilized with offline transactions,
eventually when the online scene is flooded and overwhelmed with bitcoin's reach, affluence and system the
next obvious obstacle is the offline market. It may work similarly with fiat currencies when you visit another
country and you go to some money exchange to buy local currencies. That might be the same for bitcoins in
the near future. Fiats and crypto have fluctuations, prices differ over market and economic conditions. I think
that might be a good reference to bitcoins and other altcoins in the offline payment scene. From there they
could establish something like a universal good and standard offline cryptocurrency exchange protocol.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:54:31 AM

For now, its very impossible to have transaction in Offline mode. Bitcoin prices is real time and always movement every second. But we are not close the possibility that someday bitcoin can transact through offline.
This is more than impossible sort of thing to do not at this very moment but in the days to come as well as all the crypto coins will surely be needing an internet connectivity along with some laptop or computer to perform any of the transaction and this is the must thing we will be needing all the time no matter what. However, you can’t take any of the online currency as offline currency in any way.
curry30

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:04:34 AM

I think its Possible,may be if our government accepted currency like bitcoin if that make it we use bitcoin like offline currency,but i can't expected that in my country,may be other country accept bitcoin us a payments like food Court and other online shopping.
onebtcforlife

Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:23:23 AM

I think it cant still developers need to develop bitcoin to be able to use in offline transaction which seems impossible because we all know we need internet access in order to access bitcoin wallets.So it seems like using as offline currency yes you can but you cant dispose and transact offline

It is not possible to develop the Bitcoin usage as offline currency because Bitcoin is an Internet and Digital currency where we can do the transaction if there is an internet, even for mining the Bitcoin we also need the internet connection.
human2021

Activity: 116

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:46:42 PM

I believe a paper wallet could be used for this. Usually on paper wallets you have printed address, amount of btc on it and private key which is hidden. However in order to be sure, you would need to check the address and for this you would need internet.
jayes

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:56:12 PM

Few days ago a friend asked me this questions. But i cannot understanding that how to i give him answer. At last i said him that, bitcoin is an online currency. Only this currency used in online marketplaces. It is not possible to use it in offline marketplace like offline currency.

But what is your best answer of this question?

You cannot use bitcoin without internet connetion it is the number one requirement on how to access bitcoin. Bitcoin can access only using internet if you dont have connection you cannot make any transaction in offline mode.
Alijiindahaus

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:10:33 PM

Few days ago a friend asked me this questions. But i cannot understanding that how to i give him answer. At last i said him that, bitcoin is an online currency. Only this currency used in online marketplaces. It is not possible to use it in offline marketplace like offline currency.

You cannot use bitcoin without internet connetion it is the number one requirement on how to access bitcoin. Bitcoin can access only using internet if you dont have connection you cannot make any transaction in offline mode.
if the crypto currency is introduced as the main currency, then we must understand that we will be dependent on high technology. Even from the same electricity, because if there is neither it nor the Internet, then no crypto currency will be available to you .
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 02:58:59 AM

The internet seems to be like the only pathway for transactions of digital and crypto currencies like Bitcoin now. I'm still wondering how the offline mode of Bitcoin transaction would be.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:46:07 AM

I believe a paper wallet could be used for this. Usually on paper wallets you have printed address, amount of btc on it and private key which is hidden. However in order to be sure, you would need to check the address and for this you would need internet.
Paper wallets are indeed offline because they are physical but you still need an internet conection in order to scan those qr code or btc address printed on that paper wallet in order to do a transaction. so i guess there is no such thing as offline in the crypto world.  if ever bitcoin can become available offline, it could surely be a hit because i think the transaction will now became instant.
vanslyien

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:49:15 PM

The main requirement to be able to use bitcoin is that one must have an internet connection, thats why it is called digital currency. Without this, any type of transactions would not be possible. Here in our country, internet connection is very slow and not all can access internet. Most of the time i use mobile internet so i can access my bitcoin wallet, and its very hard on my part since i do not have wifi or other source of good internet connection.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:38:52 AM

The internet seems to be like the only pathway for transactions of digital and crypto currencies like Bitcoin now. I'm still wondering how the offline mode of Bitcoin transaction would be.
No one in this world an actually use or can introduce such kind of method using which he can use any of the crypto currency as like we use normal offline currencies.

Things work in a very different manner when you talk about crypto currencies and the very first thing which you need to have while talking about crypto currencies is having an interne connectivity for operating and regulating them.
onebtcforlife

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:07:41 PM

No one in this world an actually use or can introduce such kind of method using which he can use any of the crypto currency as like we use normal offline currencies.

Things work in a very different manner when you talk about crypto currencies and the very first thing which you need to have while talking about crypto currencies is having an interne connectivity for operating and regulating them.

We cannot use them as offline currency but there soon there will be an option to pay for Utility Bills etc through these cryptocurrencies. Many big market analysis are kept insisting us in future we can have the option that we can pay through cryptocurrency.
Winderer

Activity: 411
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:00:22 PM

We dont need to separate online and offline currencies. It's an old way.
coinhunt

Activity: 138

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:29:37 AM

I guess 22 pages of answers to the thread question saying No, it's not possible to be used offline is enough to prove the point. Thus, the answer is NO.
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:31:59 PM

your answer is correct, because bitcoin is a digital currency that can be used when there is internet network, so if there is no internet network then bitcoin cannot be used ..
swscowods

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:12:53 AM

your answer is correct, because bitcoin is a digital currency that can be used when there is internet network, so if there is no internet network then bitcoin cannot be used ..
No matter how advanced this technology gets, we will always be having this need of internet connectivity for making any sort of operation or transaction related to any of the crypto coin may it be bitcoin or any other crypto coin. There is no such way that we can go for using of bitcoin as the way we use other offline currencies and that there is a huge difference in between both.
zhuiyongliang8

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:33:34 AM

Bitcoin is a free currency, and no one is in charge of you, but there is no one to protect you, and everyone needs to arm themselves by studying the principles of bitcoin.

Bitcoin is a kind of network currency, which needs the support of the network to run normally.
goldenchip

Activity: 74

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:50:25 AM

You need some kind of connection to broadcast your transaction, so at the moment internet connection is required. However, there are works in progress to allow Bitcoin transactions to be broadcasted through Satellites.

Blockstream already has one in operation.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: