Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:28:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinOrama Report on the KnCminer/OrSoC Open-day Mon 10/06/13 (Stockholm)  (Read 55671 times)
notung

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:52:39 AM

Thanks a lot!

I appreciate your thoughts and info. Now I'm just regretting not have chosen the local pickup.... ;-)

Cheers!
namzycad3

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:56:37 AM

I vote for express delivery with ghost rider  Grin

i tot he mistakenly heard KnC got 50% discount if pay at their office, thus the speed Cheesy
keyzersoze

Activity: 476
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:09:23 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 08:05:16 PM by keyzersoze

I did attend that same meeting, monday. And can vouch for the truthfullness, objectivety and accuracy of Bitcoinoramas account of the whole thing. Allthough i left a couple of hours before he did, i was there for about 3 hours. They were very open, honest and proffesional.
I especially enjoyed talking to Marcus, since he sort of represented the "brains" behind our miners. I really get the feeling that he's itching do so much more with theese chips and all the tech he has att his disposal. But at the moment having to prioritize the september deadline. To further the analogy put forth earlier about this being a formula 1 race, Marcus is comparing this to building a F1 car.  Why bother with a go-kart = Fpga when you can build the best "Formula 1" asic miner. So thats what they have just started to do with Saturn and Jupiter at current specs, and OrSoc are no where near done with what they can achieve.
That eludes to the kinds of margins they have at the moment with this 28nm chip, and bodes well for the future of knc products and customers.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:02:34 AM

Thanks for the effort Bitcoinorama very informative =D
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:13:29 AM

I think I'll wait for the abridged version  Shocked

Now I know lots of you are going to get your panties in a bunch for me saying this but.....

Could you just post the straight unvarnished answers to the questions. I started reading your post, skipped the Ryanair nonsense then started on the novel that followed, I soon lost the will when I discovered it was another bitcoinorama circle jerk. High on vague assumptions, Low on facts.( Marcus is a perfectionist, living in a James bond lair........really?  Roll Eyes)

I appreciate you taking the time out to do this but sending the most Pro/biased/lobbyist for KNCminer on the forum probably wasn't a great idea if we wanted an objective opinion.  Also Bitcoinorams motivations are becoming clearer. He's angling for a job in the bitcoin industry, hopefully with KNC (PR maybe?)so take what he says with a large grain of salt.

Can we please have some facts rather than speculation, assumptions and wishful thinking. Some of us are still considering making this investment and could do with information sans rose tint and varnish.

And before you say it. I should go and do it myself. Believe me I will. I'm looking at purchasing multiple machines and have a couple of friends interested also. I won't be dropping any money utill I've thoroughly checked this out. I was hoping some fundamental questions would have be answered but as of today the are still holes you can drive a bus through.
Madazam

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:20:26 AM

Thanks to all who visited and gave us an inside look in KNC....
Bitcoinorama (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:40:36 PM

I think I'll wait for the abridged version  Shocked

Now I know lots of you are going to get your panties in a bunch for me saying this but.....

Could you just post the straight unvarnished answers to the questions. I started reading your post, skipped the Ryanair nonsense then started on the novel that followed, I soon lost the will when I discovered it was another bitcoinorama circle jerk. High on vague assumptions, Low on facts.( Marcus is a perfectionist, living in a James bond lair........really?  Roll Eyes)

I appreciate you taking the time out to do this but sending the most Pro/biased/lobbyist for KNCminer on the forum probably wasn't a great idea if we wanted an objective opinion.  Also Bitcoinorams motivations are becoming clearer. He's angling for a job in the bitcoin industry, hopefully with KNC (PR maybe?)so take what he says with a large grain of salt.

Can we please have some facts rather than speculation, assumptions and wishful thinking. Some of us are still considering making this investment and could do with information sans rose tint and varnish.

And before you say it. I should go and do it myself. Believe me I will. I'm looking at purchasing multiple machines and have a couple of friends interested also. I won't be dropping any money utill I've thoroughly checked this out. I was hoping some fundamental questions would have be answered but as of today the are still holes you can drive a bus through.

Mate, if you read the first handful of lines, I stated I was getting down what I remembered off the top of my head whilst it's there. I also stated I was aware everyone was chomping at the bit for me to publish something sooner, rather than later. I also stated there is hours of recording and I asked every question that was asked of me and more. I asked them as they were written, regardless of whether they had been answered before, so I could give you the unadulterated opinion from the horses mouth. I also stated; 5) This keeps the actual Q&A clean and separate from my own opinion. So you can wait for me to drip feed the questions as I dedicate the time that I can afford (I do have a life), whilst that takes place it only made sense that I jotted down what I perceived to a fresh opinion having just been in attendance myself...

10 lines bro, you could have made it that far...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:51:26 PM

Could you just post the straight unvarnished answers to the questions. I started reading your post, skipped the Ryanair nonsense then started on the novel that followed, I soon lost the will when I discovered it was another bitcoinorama circle jerk. High on vague assumptions, Low on facts.( Marcus is a perfectionist, living in a James bond lair........really?  Roll Eyes)

I appreciate you taking the time out to do this but sending the most Pro/biased/lobbyist for KNCminer on the forum probably wasn't a great idea if we wanted an objective opinion.  Also Bitcoinorams motivations are becoming clearer. He's angling for a job in the bitcoin industry, hopefully with KNC (PR maybe?)so take what he says with a large grain of salt.

Mate, if you read the first handful of lines, I stated I was getting down what I remembered off the top of my head whilst it's there. I also stated I was aware everyone was chomping at the bit for me to publish something sooner, rather than later. I also stated there is hours of recording and I asked every question that was asked of me and more. I asked them as they were written, regardless of whether they had been answered before, so I could give you the unadulterated opinion from the horses mouth. I also stated; 5) This keeps the actual Q&A clean and separate from my own opinion. So you can wait for me to drip feed the questions as I dedicate the time that I can afford (I do have a life), whilst that takes place it only made sense that I jotted down what I perceived to a fresh opinion having just been in attendance myself...

So, did you buy anything yet?
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:53:57 PM

Whether i'm confident enough to buy more than one, i'm debating.

it seems so then...  Grin

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:10:49 PM

I appreciate you taking the time out to do this but sending the most Pro/biased/lobbyist for KNCminer on the forum probably wasn't a great idea if we wanted an objective opinion. 

Wow, I din't realize that we, as bitcointalk members, SENT people to KNC.
I would have thrown my hat into the ring.

Oh, holdonaminute, I hear mumbling in the background...

You mean bitcoinorama wasn't SENT?
He paid his own way from the U.K. to Stockholm?

In other words, if it is too difficult to understand that the people that visited KnC were not representing us, but themselves, mining bitcoins might be a venture that is best left to folks with a bit higher mental capacity.
Stick with lottery tickets.

The OP stated that the first post was all recollection.

Someone claims to be interested in dropping a small fortune in bitcoin miners, but happen to be too lazy to read opinions of people that have actually visited the people in whose trust is required with said fortune...
Liar or Fool?

-----------------------

Thanks for the prologue, 'orama.

I look forward to the 'real' report.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:19:12 PM

I see that you aren't reading everything related to KnC, but you always have a grudge against them (only you know why). He already stated that he bought a Jupiter.

innovation

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:20:48 PM

Great post. So many thanks.
Bitcoinorama (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:28:13 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 01:56:47 PM by Bitcoinorama

I appreciate you taking the time out to do this but sending the most Pro/biased/lobbyist for KNCminer on the forum probably wasn't a great idea if we wanted an objective opinion.  

In other words, if it is too difficult to understand that the people that visited KnC were not representing us, but themselves, mining bitcoins might be a venture that is best left to folks with a bit higher mental capacity.

Someone claims to be interested in dropping a small fortune in bitcoin miners, but happen to be too lazy to read opinions of people that have actually visited the people in whose trust is required with said fortune...
Liar or Fool?

-----------------------

No worries. Look I'm well aware my prior optimisim based upon the reading I did around ORSoC and Sam and Andreas. As well as the email communications I had back and fourth, but believe it or not I always had tried to remain objective, step away and view it as a third party may, the fact is I did take the time out from my own life and eat into the funds I had saved for a 24 hour jaunt and left as confident as any of the other attendees who also deserve credit for getting off their backsides and taking the time to visit.

As far as I'm aware the door isn't closed there, you are more than welcome to meet the guys anytime you want. Obv a prior heads up is fair game, but they are very approachable.

The next bit I shall take more time over, but won't 'taint' it with my 'bias'.

For the record I've always been 'pro' a legitimate company. This is what I see here.

I think Terrahash may do well for the DIY crowd.

I like Avalon, but I don't consider them professional (yet - come on Yifu! Smiley)

BFL, well...I want to see them come good, but I find their silence and contempt disturbing. Also there is not way they haven't been purposefully and knowingly dishonest along the way. At the very least w.r.t. to continuous promises of 'two weeks'. There is no excuse for their lack of supporting evidence they could as a genuine company present to back up their claims of numerous delays.

And apparently some do need sheparding from the likes of Cedartec, Cryonics, ASICrigs, etc.

I do not have a sinister alterior motive. These should be exciting times for all involved, we are all part of something positive and proactive in our lifetimes potentially fixing a very corrupt system with social engineering. I don't want to see people burnt long the way, I really don't. There's enough hashrate for all those involved in the forum. Wink

erschiessen

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:31:21 PM

You said 'taint'
 Grin  Grin

Your Message Here

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:32:51 PM

Thank you very much for BitcoinOrama brings information.
Bitcoinorama (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:33:30 PM

You said 'taint'
 Grin  Grin

taint  
/tānt/
Noun
A trace of a bad or undesirable quality or substance: "the taint of corruption".
Verb
Contaminate or pollute (something).
Synonyms
noun.     stain - blemish - blot - spot - smirch - smear - smudge
verb.     contaminate - pollute - spoil - corrupt - foul - infect

Err should I be aware of how the word translates elsewhere?! Roll Eyes Wink

erschiessen

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:43:44 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perineum

Terminology · Boundaries · Triangles · Additional imagesThere are a number of slang terms commonly used for this area of the human body, such as gooch, chode/choad, grundle, taint...

Your Message Here
Bitcoinorama (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:46:24 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perineum

Terminology · Boundaries · Triangles · Additional imagesThere are a number of slang terms commonly used for this area of the human body, such as gooch, chode/choad, grundle, taint...

Ahhh haha, thought there had to be an alternate meaning...Wink

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:27:12 PM

get on a plane and go yourself or HIRE someone you want to go

you are really hitting the top of the bitching scale

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:52:45 PM

Liar or Fool?

-----------------------

Yeah whatever buddy. Considering you don't understand the meaning of the word "taint" when used in this context. I'll take nothing you say seriously so stop trying to split hairs and put words in my mouth, it seems comprehension isn't your strong point.

You go ahead and read peoples opinions. I'd rather read facts. I've read plenty of Bitcoinoramas opinions, he has mine, we both know where we stand. I believe he is being overly optimistic, he probably thinks I'm an arse but for all the Jonny come latelys who think I've just had bad things to say about KNC try reading the whole openday thread before running your mouths.

If you had read the whole thread you would probably have learnt nothing you did not already know from what bitcoinarama wrote. He likes them, he liked them from day one. Is this news? No. So forgive me for not wasting my time reading it again. I'll wait for the facts.

Once again Bitcoinorama thanks for taking the time to do this. May I suggest uploading the audio instead of transcribing it? It would save you a lot of time. I could edit it if needs be.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: