Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:59:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinOrama Report on the KnCminer/OrSoC Open-day Mon 10/06/13 (Stockholm)  (Read 55671 times)
naRky

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin is the future...

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:27:59 AM

Was there some news on open day about hosting in KNC? Or somebody now more about this?

It's easier to ask to read. It is also easier grinding food and drink. I'll Do?

whats the point of your reply?

All we know is written in the forum. As easy as that

yes i know im following all topics about KNC from begining, so am asking if there are some news if has somebody asked support about that or if bitcoinorama know something more about that.

anyway, thank you for answer

▄██▄
▀███
   █
    █
     █
      █
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
      ▀██▀            ▀█▀            ▀██▀
         ▀▄           ▄▀
           ▀▄        ▄▀
             ▀▄     ▄▀
               ▀▄  ▄▀
                ▄██▄
                ▀██▀
                              █
                             ███
                            █████
                           ███ ███
                          ███   ███
                         ███     ███
                        ███       ███
                       ███         ███
                      ███           ███
                     ███             ███
                    ███               ███
                    ██                 ███
                    ██                  ███
                 █  ██                   ███
                ██  ██                    ███
               ███  ██                     ███
              ████  ██                      ███
             █████  ██ ▄███████████▄         ███
            ███ ██  █████▀       ▀████▄       ███
           ███  ██  ██▀              ▀██       ███
          ███   ██     ▄███████████▄   ██       ███
         ███    ██    ██▀         ▀██   ██       ███
        ███     ██   ██             ██  ██        ███
       ███      ██  ██               ██  ██        ███
      ███       ██  ██               ██  ██         ███
     ███        ██  ██               ██  ██          ███
    ███         ██  ██               ██  ██           ███
   ███           ██  ██             ██   ██            ███
  ███            ██   ██▄         ▄██    ██             ███
 ███              ██   ▀███████████▀     ██              ███
███                ██▄              ▄██  ██               ███
 ███▄               ▀████▄       ▄█████  ██             ▄███
   ▀███▄               ▀███████████▀ ██  ██          ▄███▀
      ▀███▄                          ██  ██       ▄███▀
         ▀███▄                       ██  ██    ▄███▀
            ▀███▄                    ██  ██ ▄███▀
               ▀███▄                 ██  ████▀
                  ▀███▄              ██  █▀
                     ▀███▄         ▄███
                        ▀███▄   ▄███▀
                           ▀█████▀

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
▀██▀             ▀██▀    
                 █
                █
               █
              █
             █
          ▄██▄
          ▀██▀
Bitcoinorama (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:40:48 AM

No more than what I posted. There is more audio, I just want a break from that. It wasn't asked in the Q&A part, so it could be anywhere as obv. I stuck to the order and format of the Q&A so the answers to that are logically aligned. Sam has promised an update next week, so maybe it will be mentioned.  I remember off the top of my head, there was loads of choice, cooling is def not the issue in northern Scandinavia (that includes countries next to Sweden), he obviously won't reveal precise locations, but the data centres are aware of what they will be housing, it's just how much assistance he needs from their side to ensure smooth operation, as most diagnostic and repair can be performed remotely, but he still requires the ability to call for a physical restart. Data centres charge more on the amount of additional service you require aside security and power.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Slartybardfast

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:39:25 AM

I understand that the first pre-order batch from KnC will be delivered first.  What is the estimated delivery month for the 2nd batch?  How do we know which order batch we are in?

I dont think they are batching, they are just going to roll out the the factory, figuratively speaking.
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 11:27:01 AM

tldr anyone please?

Ryanair I will always avoid wherever possible whatever the expense;

The return in contrast was with Norwegian airlines, In essence, everything one would expect, the perfect customer experience at a very fair fare.

You can see where I'm going with this; I believe BFL had all the best intentions in the beginning, but in all fairness I see more of Ryanair in BFL than i'm comfortable with.

The same can be said for the team at ORSoC the guys are surprisingly well groomed, and fit for geeks,

Present from ORSoC were; CTO, Marcus Erlandsson, who is pretty much the brains behind our future mining devices. His entire house is 'Bond lair' of automation, and security controlled from software he wrote for his 'droid phone. He sits and configured his house lighting from his hands, serving no purpose other than to wind his wife up when he's in a bar with friends. She's potentially the only spouse happy to see her husband occupied the next few months...

CEO, Johan Rilegård, sharp, but calm character.

Sam Cole, by his admission will never win a spelling bee,

Andreas Kennemar, was present for every moment, aside fielding phone calls to the KnC hotline (a mobile he has with him at all times).

If any of you have chosen delivery over pick-up in person, you are mad. The women alone are worth the journey.

What you saw of Mars was it firing 6 Gh/s in the initial video. Marcus wasn't happy he wanted to show what he could really pump out of it.

Mars is now comfortably hitting 6.8 Gh/s stable since Marcus has been allowed to do some of the tweaks he wasn't allowed previously.

The chip manufacturer I believe is chosen today. Sam was quite matter of fact about how they aim to hit September, they have worked through every feasible route anticipating points of failure and de-risked as much as possible. ORSoC being who the are have obviously contacts with multiple PCB fabricators, and are splitting orders to ensure delivery. Everything is being done to ensure scalability is present as well. They said they can confidently handle any order size and growth. Any delays will be documented and evidence presented. They will be transparent through any delay. This is where the confusion with BFL exists, why aren't they doing this?

This is a Formula One race as they see it.  Time is everything.

Would I tell you to bet the farm on them? Never. Would I personally advise getting into debt over this right now? Nope. I am definitely more confident for attending. I have an order for Jupiter which I can afford.

Also in case you care, f**k me is Sweden expensive.

Byyeeeee! (Tips appreciated, see below! Tongue)

Cheers

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:05:36 PM

To the people flaming KS and Bitcoinorama:

Cool off, guys. Both are doing their job. It's way better for the community to have them both, than having just one of them or none.

Bitcoinorama is very thorough and did a huge work, but it's true that he might be a little "over-enthusiastic" at times. Well, the truth is that he even would like to work for KnC, he admitted that. But this does not mean that he's dishonest, just that he is a little bit biased.

From the other side KS is playing devil's advocates, raising clever and adequate concerns, cooling off people's hope that turns in "wishful thinking" some times.

TL-DR -> we need them both. Keep up the good job, guys Wink

No-  KS is playing the troll at this point...  Many times he has posted misinformation instead of honest concern to try to stay relevant

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
rizzman

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:44:42 PM

To the people flaming KS and Bitcoinorama:

Cool off, guys. Both are doing their job. It's way better for the community to have them both, than having just one of them or none.

Bitcoinorama is very thorough and did a huge work, but it's true that he might be a little "over-enthusiastic" at times. Well, the truth is that he even would like to work for KnC, he admitted that. But this does not mean that he's dishonest, just that he is a little bit biased.

From the other side KS is playing devil's advocates, raising clever and adequate concerns, cooling off people's hope that turns in "wishful thinking" some times.

TL-DR -> we need them both. Keep up the good job, guys Wink

No-  KS is playing the troll at this point...  Many times he has posted misinformation instead of honest concern to try to stay relevant

To a degree you are correct, however I do agree with Rampion, The forum is better with him, than without him. And to be fair, he has not been the only dissident. he just happened to get the last word in, which made him the target of criticism..

KS - no hard feelings man, Just stick to the facts. Let the rest of us draw our own conclusions.
Bitcoinorama (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:09:54 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 10:28:03 PM by Bitcoinorama

Whoever just dropped me a 0.25BTC tip, wow, very generous, but please don't remain anonymous, PM me, so I can do the right thing and say thank-you!! Smiley

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:42:55 AM

He's high
You say that like it's a bad thing:====#~~~
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:44:56 AM

I understand that the first pre-order batch from KnC will be delivered first.  What is the estimated delivery month for the 2nd batch?  How do we know which order batch we are in?

My understanding is that they will just go in to continuous production, clearing the pre-orders first.
Bitcoinorama (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:36:48 PM

Yeah! Looks like the, "Life on Bitcoin" film is really going to happen, they have only $2.5k left to raise to fund the project.

So if any of you care to support them in this endeavour to increase Bitcoin awareness, and acceptance as a means of payment (which is of obvious benefit to the whole mining and Bitcoin community), or fancy a t-shirt (the 'Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?' is pretty rad), then follow this link...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitcoinlife/life-on-bitcoin-a-documentary-film

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 12:53:51 PM

If she did a topless I'd donate

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:40:49 PM

Yeah! Looks like the, "Life on Bitcoin" film is really going to happen, they have only $2.5k left to raise to fund the project.

So if any of you care to support them in this endeavour to increase Bitcoin awareness, and acceptance as a means of payment (which is of obvious benefit to the whole mining and Bitcoin community), or fancy a t-shirt (the 'Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?' is pretty rad), then follow this link...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitcoinlife/life-on-bitcoin-a-documentary-film

Yeah - as soon as I saw the announcement, I kicked in for a t-shirt. It's in all of our best interests to have a project like this succeed.

Bitcoinorama (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:08:33 PM

Yeah - as soon as I saw the announcement, I kicked in for a t-shirt. It's in all of our best interests to have a project like this succeed.

Which one did you go for? I like the 'who is SN?', but the colours are a bit camp, just seen the all text one though, that I like! The other two are a bit generic...

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:15:50 PM

Which one did you go for? I like the 'who is SN?', but the colours are a bit camp, just seen the all text one though, that I like! The other two are a bit generic...

I went with the "Bitcoin Early Adopter" (as of now there are slots left). It appears that you get to pick the shirt, color and size later with this option - I can procrastinate until later. Smiley

Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 10:30:33 PM

Sorry guys, back to reality - most important question now is: have they already ordered the chips? Do we have an ETA confirmed by the fab?

As titomane said a few posts ago, those fabs do not hurry up for any customer - lead time for the chips will be anything from 8 to 12 weeks, and we need to assume 12 weeks to be on the safe side. I know how that huge businesses work - if they need to delay your order, they do, and you just can't do anything about it. This happened to Avalon too, just check what he said on his conference talk.

If KnC did not place the order for the chips yet, that's something to be worried about.

Please Bitcoinorama use your direct access to them to ask:

- are the chips ordered?
- if yes, what is the ETA confirmed by the fab?
- if not, why? didn't they reach the funding goal they needed for the order? How far away are them to place the order?

We ever get an answer to this?HuhHuh?

btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 10:36:22 PM

Sorry guys, back to reality - most important question now is: have they already ordered the chips? Do we have an ETA confirmed by the fab?

As titomane said a few posts ago, those fabs do not hurry up for any customer - lead time for the chips will be anything from 8 to 12 weeks, and we need to assume 12 weeks to be on the safe side. I know how that huge businesses work - if they need to delay your order, they do, and you just can't do anything about it. This happened to Avalon too, just check what he said on his conference talk.

If KnC did not place the order for the chips yet, that's something to be worried about.

- are the chips ordered?
- if not, why? didn't they reach the funding goal they needed for the order? How far away are them to place the order?

KnC is not using avalon chips as far as I know.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:36:38 PM

- are the chips ordered?

No, not yet, hope Bitcoinorama can get those answers for next week.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:37:26 PM

- are the chips ordered?

Completely false but i guess you know it and you are just trolling.

btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 10:59:50 PM

- are the chips ordered?

Completely false but i guess you know it and you are just trolling.

oops!,
I was thinking of terrahash! my bad not trolling at all.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Bitcoinorama (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 12:05:09 AM

Ok you'll get your answer next week. They've said there's a spec update then.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: