Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:46:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin's future  (Read 5391 times)
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1259

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:30:28 PM

Litecoin was regarded as silver to Bitcoin. However, its performance is much worse than Bitcoin.

What's your view on Litecoin's future? Will it catch up or continue to underperform?

"its performance is much worse than bitcoin" i assume you are basing this on the
fact that Litecoin isnt valued at something like $5000  Roll Eyes

Litecoin in my opinion is a real safe bet for long term storage, the dev team are very
active and it is enjoying a nice sustainable rise in value at the moment after being
very stable for a number of weeks.

IMO its stability is not attractive to the "get rich quick" crew who relish the turmoil
of pump and dump's.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:34:41 PM

Is a stable crypto currency used as hedging against inflation when dealing with arbitrage opportunity. It does not move up nor down too much and always stays within a range.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:54:57 AM

Litecoin was regarded as silver to Bitcoin. However, its performance is much worse than Bitcoin.

What's your view on Litecoin's future? Will it catch up or continue to underperform?
In my opinion, litecoin is actually not underperforming today. If you look at its BTC equivalence, you might say it's underperforming, but take a look at its value in dollar. There was a point in July of 2017 where it reached an equivalent value of 0.021 BTC or $42.50 (BTC price by that time is $2000). Although the value of litecoin in terms of bitcoin has dropped from 0.021 BTC in July to 0.0095 BTC today, its value in US dollar has rised up from $42.50 in July to $54.00 today. That's because bitcoin price has rised up, which pulled up the value of litecoin in terms of US dollar.

For me, litecoin will still catch up in the near future, and will remain at top 5 best cryptocurrencies of all time.
well let's hope that litecoin will be from one of the best cryptocurrencies in the future. well until now litecoin still in need, and even managed to compete with other cryptocurrency. so I think litecoin will get great attention in the future.
yes i may agree on it that litecoin could ever give a great for the near future , and even though we see how good it is how was the characteristic of this coin so i may agree that this coin will even more get rise up for more months lets just see what will be this coin rank on the 2018.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

regsintered

Activity: 48
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:50:44 AM

Recently, people have seen a gloomy on the LTC market, and it seems that things are gradually being forgotten
Dluretic

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:52:31 AM

From my own point of view, Litecoin is nearing death, there is no future at all, some people call it the bitcoin's silver coin, that's just a past tense, and Litecoin is surely the product of being eliminated.

hell3r

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:14:16 AM

I think the most exciting part of Litecoins future Im aware of is atomic swaps. It is very evident that litecoin has been very succesful when it comes to cross-chain atomic swaps. Moreover, it appears there are some other developments in the world of Litecoin-enabled atomic swaps. Successful tests with Vertcoin and even Bitcoin show there is a very bright future ahead for this technology. Surprisingly enough, these transactions were completed in an on-chain fashion, rather than by settling things off-chain. There is still plenty of work to do in this regard, but there’s good reason to be excited about atomic swaps right now.
baronious

Activity: 77

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:19:03 AM

From my own point of view, Litecoin is nearing death, there is no future at all, some people call it the bitcoin's silver coin, that's just a past tense, and Litecoin is surely the product of being eliminated.

I just laugh at comments like this... It's nearing death and there is no future at all? Based on what? 
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 04:21:26 AM

I believe Litecoin should be part of a well diversified crypto portfolio, in a smaller proportion than BTC or ETH. It is also big in terms of capitalization and development continues. It will have some moments where it will outshine all other coins. Not all of them rise (or fall) at the same time.
mostcrack

Activity: 548
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:27:01 AM

If bitcoin is gold and litecoin is silver, it seems litecoin is less suitable for silver because there is a better than LTC, which fits to silver is ETH because ETH has a better future than LTC. No one can pursue Bitcoin but who approaches Bitcoin is definitely there and who will approach it is ETH.

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
►  5 LEAGUES      ►  5 BITCOIN
██                       75 WINNERS DRAWN MONTHLY                       ██
burnsh56

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:40:53 AM

There are a lot of people who believe in Litecoin and I'm the one of them.

It will grow and it has much more potential than bitcoin. It is better already and it will be better tomorrow if they will continue that pace.
Lingqingyi

Activity: 168

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:10:49 AM

Litecoin is a bit awkward position, he has neither good technology nor a strong enough community, so I am also curious about what the future of Litecoin will look like.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 07:18:46 AM

Litecoin is an alternative currency to bitcoin, this coins found by Charlie Lee. I have this altcoin in my wallet for how many months i do hold this because i know it is have a potential altcoin, this altcoin now are in most top 5 valuable altcoins in cryto market cap. But i always looked forward bitcoin 85%  of my money is on the bitcoin. We all know that altcoins cannot chase bitcoin.
mahimonliner

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 07:23:27 AM

Litecoin is preferred as silver of bitcoin which means if cent is smaller form of dollar then litecoin is same for the bitcoin.
And the way litecoin is going this is too slow to compared to bitcoin. But maybe litecoin will gear up and keep a stable increasing rate.

Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:36:13 AM

I believe in litecoin, it has pretty good technology and potential to grow, buy choosing between ltc and btc of course will choose the second one.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:38:38 AM

I just laugh at comments like this... It's nearing death and there is no future at all? Based on what? 
Cheesy It is funny when people actually drop baseless comments like that and then you start asking yourself if there is something you have been missing. Litecoin has been in existence for a while now and there is still support for it and I wonder why someone would think there has been no development for the coin. Sure, it might be a clone of bitcoin and anyone can call it whatever they like, but that does not make it less relevant in the community. Whether it has a future, no one knows, but at least, so far so good, it is still there and doing good.
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:54:26 AM

You have a point and no one obviously know what tomorrow holds for any of the Altcoins. Litecoin has been able to stay up for years and still on and I won't be surprised if it still keeps finding a way to thrive a little bit. However, unless we do not really want to be realistic, it will get pushed down the ladder in coming years as there are so much alts to focus on with great future than Litecoin. Does it have a future? No one really knows but time will tell.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:44:52 PM

Recently, people have seen a gloomy on the LTC market, and it seems that things are gradually being forgotten
That is how life is bro! When people see things bad, they say the worst, and when it starts being rosy, they start their praises. As far as I am concerned, LTC will always be in the shadow of BTC and there is nothing that would change that. It is more or less a replica probably meant to be the silver of bitcoin.

Of course, it has some reputations too and support, with not so huge of a growth but not bad and I would not say it does not have a future. At least, it has a future more than so many alts out there right now.

raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:45:49 AM

There are a lot of people who believe in Litecoin and I'm the one of them.

It will grow and it has much more potential than bitcoin. It is better already and it will be better tomorrow if they will continue that pace.
Okay! Now you just caught me a little off guard there! Litecoin is a great coin and so far that it has been in existence for a while now and still staying on top of its game totally shows that it is really doing well with a lot of support. I have some LTC as well and even if the growth has been slow, do not mean it is not going to be a useful coin in the ecosystem.

Moreover, saying it has more potential than bitcoin ? Come on! You missed it all there; I hope it does not even get pushed down the ladder later on.
hi.color

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:47:43 AM

LTC has been silent for too long
More development is needed
pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:57:11 AM

I bought litecoin when it was $10 an i hold 1000 pieces and it gave me a very good income,i will keep holding this coin for me its the most stable coin today in the market.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: