Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:22:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wonder how many people can hold BTC for more than 3 years  (Read 4066 times)
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:29:08 PM

It's a good challenge for both bitcoin and crypto hodlers worldwide to hold their crypto assets for such long duration of hodling. If you can just hold it for such a long time, then you can really have a big amount of money in your wallet because as time goes by, bitcoin's market price is getting higher too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:17:01 PM

It's a good challenge for both bitcoin and crypto hodlers worldwide to hold their crypto assets for such long duration of hodling. If you can just hold it for such a long time, then you can really have a big amount of money in your wallet because as time goes by, bitcoin's market price is getting higher too.
Holding a coin is not an easy task for sure. It requires a deep knowledge of the coin ad all those people who don’t have any good idea regarding the digital market, they fail to keep their coins during dip. Many people have suffered loss due to this reason. But one thing is for sure, those who hold their bitcoin for a long duration of time, their live standards improve greatly. Holding is the key.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:49:09 PM

Not less than half of the people. Not even me. I mean it could be somehow get useful now as a currency but it is still covered in smoke on that kind of possibility. I will continue to hold whenever things get rough in crypto. 3 years is too much for me to hold my coins. The base amount I have could still be there but most of it will be sold before 3 years arrive.

Why?

Do you have additional financial pressures or you just don't want to do it? It's not hard sitting there and doing nothing. Go and get a pilot's licence or gain 50kg of muscle in the meantime.

3 years will be well past the next halving and there's a strong possibility the price will be considerably higher than it is now.

I don't get why someone would set themselves an arbitrary limit when the possibilities beyond that limit may well be epic.
Ashimwe

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:59:15 PM

Holding is the hardest thing anyone can.....that's why I salute those guys who bought bitcoin when it had started and are still holding... I don't know if I can hold for more than a year buy yah am trying it with some altcoins
Ashimwe

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:02:33 PM

BTC was around $300 3 years ago.

Wonder how many people can hold BTC for more than 3 years and enjoy the amazing profit in this period Smiley
I think 1/4 of the population in the world holds bitcoin right now because as you can see bitcoin's popularity is rising than before. So it's quite good if many people will use bitcoin because it rises its value in the market because the more the bitcoin has many users the more the chance that people need bitcoins so it can rise its price.
that's a bloody lie and using even the supply of bitcoin on average, not even 1/100 in the world own bitcoin and I think less than 3% of the world know about it
crazyaspinoy016

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:05:16 PM

Bitcoin is not for fainthearted though  Grin
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:16:19 PM

I got the first look at Bitcoin when Bitcoin price was just $5 it was around 2011 but I missed it and without lack of understanding of it I just avoided it. It took me a year or two to get back to the system and to understand it in order to make money. For a kid, this thing is pretty Complex but it taught me how to make money, how the money works Under the Hood and how to do learn from the internet it's a life-changing event for me. At that time there are few people in the community but today there are millions of people and many people have decided to hold their coins for under 10 years.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:38:39 PM

I believe that in a living and dynamic economy like the one that today characterizes bitcoin, there should be no place for the old belief that "hodling" is the best thing we can do with our bitcoins. Perhaps those who feel unable to generate bitcoins continuously through their efforts and skills feel a special fear of spending their bitcoins, but those of us who have integrated bitcoin into our real economy should not have a problem when buying and selling bitcoins permenently, regardless of the price that it has.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:46:45 AM

I for one will be incapable for holding bitcoins fr that long but i have recently made up my mind to start holding bitcoins for the foreseeable future because i see that i have missed some good opportunity by not saving but rather spending my BTC.
Holding of the bitcoin and that too for longer period is indeed one of the most difficult job to do and that it can only be done if you are having some good patience level but the sad part is not all of us are having this much patience level to keep on holding their bitcoins for this much time. however, if you somehow managed to do so, then you will surely be able to make some huge money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  All
  Print  

Jump to: