Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:01:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL shipped their first single  (Read 5443 times)
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:16:31 AM

If people have an order with BFL they should just see their own interest and not throw a wrench in the works, now that BFL is finally shipping.
If they don't have an order, then they should just mind their own business and quit playing the Unsolicited Captain Frickin Avenger, and let the others receiving their products.
My opinion also.

You realize that your just feeding the forums worst troll, I have had him on my ignore list since April.
No need to take my word for it, just look at the list of top 10  posters: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

I know, I know...my bad.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infested999

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:17:40 AM

The first single :-) Probably there will be only this one and that's why it's called single  Grin

10/10 would harass BFL again

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:23:05 AM

i mean, who wouldnt want to order a product now and get it shipped tomorrow ?  Roll Eyes

I wouldn't object to that either. It would be nice to get it on demand.

Right, so in order to achieve that let´s sue them, get their asses in prison and shut down/impede the production so that no one will ever receive their product, or at least delay the production even more.
Yeah, that’ll work.

Well, fuck that part of the community that is working on that.
Well, BFL has a long tail to step on. People have had alot of trouble, ergo...people will do whatever they think is right.

If their past troubles bring down BFL then it is all on BFL.

If people have an order with BFL they should just see their own interest and not throw a wrench in the works, now that BFL is finally shipping.
If they don't have an order, then they should just mind their own business and quit playing the Unsolicited Captain Frickin Avenger, and let the others receiving their products.

<Shrug> Opinion Noted. I don't think anyone can stop that process at this point anyway.

I just heard yesterday that BFL has already been officially served already by one group at the very least. I haven't heard from the others.

If you knew some of the details on one case at least, I think there is a good reason or chance that many customers would actually worry because there is a non-zero chance it would impact things. So lets hope BFL clears their queue before they are affected enough to impact their delivery schedule.

Just keep an eye out on BFL and see what happens or if anything even changes and then take the cue from there.

Edit: Or Add me to the ignore list so you guys don't get to know any of that. No signs for the blind curves up ahead makes for a happy customer.
philips

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:32:02 AM

Pimped-out Single:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/dbtgallery.php?do=gallery_image&id=1175&gal=gallery&type=full
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:38:07 AM

That's cool, the red suits it.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:40:32 AM

292W!

erk

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:45:22 AM

Looks like 252W I think. The 60GH/s draws more than the 50GH/s, they will be around 225W
philips

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:48:35 AM

Is likely one of the initial one made with unbinned chips, yes, 290W @ 60GH.
The newer ones should go around 225W.

The Single SC will likely be pulling 270W @ 60gh/s which will then be lowered to 50gh/s once it hits that spec change. The power usage may not be quite linear, but it can be estimated it will pull ~225W maybe a little less.
infested999

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:49:09 AM

I'm guessing still more efficient than a GPU

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
erk

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:50:16 AM

Yeah like 100 times more efficient.
newmars

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:01:18 PM

looks cool

philips

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:01:36 PM

Yes, 290W @ 60GH for these unbinned chips, but I am a bit more worried about the temps (around 70C).
At the same time the unit is not enclosed, so the two big push-pull fans are not quite efficient in the image.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/dbtgallery.php?do=gallery_image&id=1174&gal=gallery&type=full

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/dbtgallery.php?do=gallery_image&id=1171&gal=gallery&type=full
erk

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:04:33 PM

Yes, 290W @ 60GH for these unbinned chips, but I am a bit more worried about the temps (around 70C).
At the same time the unit is not enclosed, so the two big push-pull fans are not quite efficient in the image.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/dbtgallery.php?do=gallery_image&id=1174&gal=gallery&type=full

Temps are fine 67C for the 60 GH/s.

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a574/Lab__Rat/IMG_1157_zpsc5d4a791.jpg
philips

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:07:37 PM

You're maybe right, but I am a bit obsessed you know, I keep my cards under 60C Smiley
erk

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:12:31 PM

You're maybe right, but I am a bit obsessed you know, I keep my cards under 60C Smiley
Then buy a 50GH/s Single not a 60GH/s unit.

I have never had a GPU fail at 70C, it's always the other components that fail not the GPU chip.
philips

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:17:50 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 08:05:02 PM by philips

Then buy a 50GH/s Single not a 60GH/s unit.

Ha! Smiley
I would definitely choose a 60GH unit whatever the temps, besides, I think the temps will lower a bit while the unit is enclosed.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:15:33 PM

My opinion also.

You realize that your just feeding the forums worst troll, I have had him on my ignore list since April.
No need to take my word for it, just look at the list of top 10  posters: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

You are certainly no far behind....(BFL PR Depearment)

Funny u have a nearly full time job on the forums erk mac jerk

OBJECT NOT FOUND
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:43:59 PM

Interesting part here is of course what speed they can keep on backlog. If they manage to bring all product lines up to par with current Jalapeño shipping speed (clearing a month of backlog in 4 days as of latest update) it may actually be a viable proposition to buy a SC or Sac Single even straight off the website. $1200 for 25 gh/s with delivery in say late August seems like it could actually be a ROI positive proposition.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:48:07 PM

Interesting part here is of course what speed they can keep on backlog. If they manage to bring all product lines up to par with current Jalapeño shipping speed (clearing a month of backlog in 4 days as of latest update) it may actually be a viable proposition to buy a SC or Sac Single even straight off the website. $1200 for 25 gh/s with delivery in say late August seems like it could actually be a ROI positive proposition.

Hey Swede -

Are you factoring the additional network hash power that would be added if BFL was able to clear out their current backlog to be capable of delivering news orders in August?  Some have speculated that with the Minirigs and Singles in the pipeline it is close to 200+ TH/s (and some estimates are 500+).
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:51:31 PM

I consider profitable anywhere from 7 to 9 bitcoins per day. Not 1.

If you don't keep upping your hashrate, you just keep earning less and less each day.

Right now, you need a good 400GH/s to earn 7 to 9 bitcoins per day. Imagine by August. Current ASICS are way overpriced. There is either going to be a huge drop in prices soon or a major disatisfaction from miners earning less than 1 btc per day. (Of course, for previous GPU owners that is an amazing amount of cash for them)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: