Bitcoin Forum
September 12, 2024, 11:24:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC.sx] Get paid for your signature  (Read 59755 times)
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 07:39:15 PM

I will definitely be watching this. I like being paid weekly, even if it means getting paid less.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Kais

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:56:59 AM

Would like to get in on this starting today (Sunday)!

1KaisHRLSVxenmqQ9QosFZq8nb2br95Z4

Tell me if my sig is ok
Seal (OP)
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 01:06:20 AM

Yes you missed something.

You must have a minimum of 14 new posts each week.

You get paid based on your total posts.

OK but that's irrelevant.. review my question if needed.

Hi polrpaul, what Damnsammit said is relevant. The payout amounts are based on total posts not how much you've posted each week.

The 14 post minimum is to prevent non-active users from signing up for free payouts.

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
Voodah

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:09:44 AM

Yeah... that being the only reason, 14 seems a little too high...

Some days I'm just not in a posting mood, being forced to make it 2 per day to make it count seems excessive.

Can you reconsider to something more manageable like say.. idk... 7?
btcton
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 03:26:00 PM

In case anyone is interested or wants to compare, these are the monthly rates...
100 - 250: 0.065 BTC
251 - 500: 0.087 BTC
501 - 750: 0.13 BTC
750 - 1000: 0.17 BTC
1001+: 0.22 BTC

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 03:32:39 PM

Some days I'm just not in a posting mood, being forced to make it 2 per day to make it count seems excessive.

14 posts per week are okay in my opinion. just be creative Cheesy

sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:18:28 PM

14 is fine, IMO. What I would like to see, though is an average over the past few weeks. Because I won't post if there is nothing to post, and trying to get 14 per week will just cause spam.

Sometimes there  is a lot to discuss, sometimes there is nothing. Increasing the averaging time to say, last 3 weeks should make it better.

Voodah

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:38:54 PM

14 is fine, IMO. What I would like to see, though is an average over the past few weeks. Because I won't post if there is nothing to post, and trying to get 14 per week will just cause spam.

Sometimes there  is a lot to discuss, sometimes there is nothing. Increasing the averaging time to say, last 3 weeks should make it better.

That's exactly what I'm saying. 

If I am opening a thread or taking part in discussion, I'll get the 14 in a couple days, no prob. But some weeks, specially these sideways trading days, I find myself with nothing really good to post and will end up posting a stupid one-liner just to get the quota.

This is not good for the forum. If all signature ads start paying this same way, we will soon have a highly degraded forum.

7 is a lot more manageable and serves and solves the exact same purpose of paying only to active people, with the same efficiency. More is just visibility greed.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:45:41 PM

If I am opening a thread or taking part in discussion, I'll get the 14 in a couple days, no prob. But some weeks, specially these sideways trading days, I find myself with nothing really good to post and will end up posting a stupid one-liner just to get the quota.

This is not good for the forum. If all signature ads start paying this same way, we will soon have a highly degraded forum.

7 is a lot more manageable and serves and solves the exact same purpose of paying only to active people, with the same efficiency. More is just visibility greed.

i disagree completely. 14 posts in a seven day period can be easily met. if its that difficult for you to make 14 posts in a week, maybe you should quit posting in the forum, or atleast quit busting Seal's balls about how he does his business. If you absolutely can't make 14 posts in a week and you really wanna meet the minimum, pop over to the newbies section and welcome new members. easy as pie

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
JonnySmithers

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:48:51 PM

Been only logged in for 1 day and 2 hours and currently have 68 posts.
Can i join?
I post on random topics so your ad will reach to many different users!
I'll even take down my old signature if I have to. Thanks Grin
Voodah

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:06:19 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2013, 10:17:51 PM by Voodah

Sometimes there  is a lot to discuss, sometimes there is nothing. Increasing the averaging time to say, last 3 weeks should make it better.

i disagree completely. 14 posts in a seven day period can be easily met. if its that difficult for you to make 14 posts in a week, maybe you should quit posting in the forum, or atleast quit busting Seal's balls about how he does his business. If you absolutely can't make 14 posts in a week and you really wanna meet the minimum, pop over to the newbies section and welcome new members. easy as pie

Same philosophy that broke our world's economy.

MOAR MOAR MOAR.

When are people gonna learn MORE != BETTER?

Furthermore, try to improve your reading comprehension skills: this is not complain, it's a suggestion to improve what until now for me has been a flawless work by Seal.

And yes, I could easily go and find another paid sig (even a better paying one), but I haven't. Instead I chose to give feedback to the Sig that I chose originally. And I chose it for a reason, the other ones are too big and flashy, and I think that also degrades the overall quality of the forum, just as this forced posting issue does now.

Ultimately, if I find this Sig has diverged from my ethical views and values, I'll drop it. But I'd much rather give my feedback first, in respect to the Sig owner, and see if maybe our paths realign.

PS: Also, the Acitivity change was brought in part to prevent things like these, but w/e.
r3wt

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:35:47 PM

Sometimes there  is a lot to discuss, sometimes there is nothing. Increasing the averaging time to say, last 3 weeks should make it better.

MOAR MOAR MOAR.

Furthermore, try to improve your reading comprehension skills: this is not complain, it's a suggestion to improve what until now for me has been a flawless work by Seal.

And yes, I could easily go and find another paid sig (even a better paying one), but I haven't. Instead I chose to give feedback to the Sig that I chose originally. And I chose it for a reason, the other ones are too big and flashy, and I think that also degrades the overall quality of the forum, just as this forced posting issue does now.

Ultimately, if I find this Sig has diverged from my ethical views and values, I'll drop it. But I'd much rather give my feedback first, in respect to the Sig owner, and see if maybe our paths realign.

PS: Also, the Acitivity change was brought in part to prevent things like these, but w/e.

dude, whatever you're making a big deal out of nothing. i make almost 200 posts a week without even thinking about it. i'm sorry that making 14 posts makes you feel stupid i really am.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Voodah

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 10:39:58 PM

MOAR MOAR MOAR.

dude, whatever you're making a big deal out of nothing. i make almost 200 posts a week without even thinking about it. i'm sorry that making 14 posts makes you feel stupid i really am.

Clearly, you don't read what people say and just bash away. Enough said. Just let Seal give his opinion, which is the one that matters.

r3wt

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 11:12:45 PM

MOAR MOAR MOAR.

Clearly, you don't read what people say and just bash away. Enough said. Just let Seal give his opinion, which is the one that matters.

I read what you said. You're obviously unhappy about being required to make 14 posts a week to receive the reward, which is ridiculous. 14 posts/week= 2posts/day.

I fail to see the issue of making 2*7 posts a week

Seal (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 12:32:32 AM

Hi all, this weeks payouts are coming. Thanks for your patience.

I appreciate all the feedback. As for the minimum post count, here's my take:

My goal for providing this paid advertising service is 1. to promote btc.sx. 2. for users who like to discuss bitcoin here to regularly get paid for what they enjoy doing

I share an equal dislike for posts that do not add value and do not condone spammy posts.

I believe I've been as transparent as I can with the terms laid out in post #1. You are entitled to disagree with the terms and can choose whether or not to participate.

I acknowledge that this can be abused but have trust in the user-base here that it wont. If anyone has any suggestions on how I could improve the fairness of the scheme, then please share your thoughts. The system has to be easy to manage and track without requiring me to read every post. It equally shouldn't be over complicated.

Seal (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 12:46:53 AM

I agree and disagree. There are many sub forums where you can add plenty of value with 'one-liner' posts quickly and easily. The Newbie and Off-Topic sub forums do not require a huge amount of intellectual discussion, knowledge or debate to add value (without trolling).

I have no problem with people posting in there and do not expect PHD quality research for each of your 14 posts.

P.s. To existing participants, please do not feel obliged to write 14 posts every week if you can't. Its ok to miss out on a weekly payout, your names will be kept on the list for weeks when you are active.

btcton
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:44:31 AM

Just some feedback on the signature itself: I really think the signature does a great job at attracting people (including me) to the site. In my opinion, it looks better than other, more flashy signatures. When I look at a big signature with a bunch of colors and a complex design, it looks rather cheap to me. An example of this is a casino website which I can't remember the name of, but I'm sure you'll notice it eventually. Juet throwing in my 2 bitcents.

JonnySmithers

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:51:31 AM

Been only logged in for 1 day and 2 hours and currently have 68 posts.
Can i join?
I post on random topics so your ad will reach to many different users!
I'll even take down my old signature if I have to. Thanks Grin
77 post now! Really looking forward to this Smiley
r3wt

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:51:55 AM

Just some feedback on the signature itself: I really think the signature does a great job at attracting people (including me) to the site. In my opinion, it looks better than other, more flashy signatures. When I look at a big signature with a bunch of colors and a complex design, it looks rather cheap to me. An example of this is a casino website which I can't remember the name of, but I'm sure you'll notice it eventually. Juet throwing in my 2 bitcents.

i think that calls for a second and +1

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 07:16:13 AM

i think that calls for a second and +1

indeed +1 from me too.

no one ever clicks on those flashy eye-cancer signatures

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: