Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:50:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I invest in a new ICO or just buy BTC  (Read 3586 times)
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:53:58 PM

At the current rate of ICO like fraudulent are still rampant the best thing to do now is buy some pieces of bitcoin and secured it.
This is the most safest way to profit nowadays. It's hard to invest now as we didn't know who can we really entrust our money, people are very greedy to have money as much as they can and didn't think that sooner not later karma will strike them.

Happy Coding Life Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
27_Mikhail_27

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

A New Exchange Era

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:08:15 PM

in my opinion it is impossible to invest 100% of money in one thing. It is necessary to divide your capital into shares and try different options. But with investing in new ICO you need to be careful, because now many projects are just scam! Well, since the risk is greater here, in a successful case it is possible to increase your profit several times (dozens of times), which is unlikely with btc.

ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 03:16:38 PM

Well I guess you're probably asking this because of the craziness in bitcoin price lately. I think this is temporary and the price will get to the somehow stable ranges again. Because investing in btc is usually a long-term investment which you expect to earn from in terms of months.
If it weren't for what you see now in daily drop and rise of $400, you wouldn't ask such question.

Actually in normal conditions, a good ICO which proves itself as a useful project is much more profitable. I'm talking about the time frame of investment here. Earning double or triple your investment in 4 weeks or something is actually much better.

But clearly not all ICOs succeed AND not even all of them intend to. Some of them are totally scam and are just here to make money and leave. This is why each and everyone should be totally careful before stepping into any ICO.

At least read enough about it and check the whitepaper, road map etc. and then decide for yourself.
NEVER buy because you heard everyone is buying this or because a lot of people are talking about it.

I'm not gonna lie. I did this twice before and went with the wave. What happened ? Ended up selling the tokens for 80% of ICO price and I lost money.

So basically, btc is long term (but don't buy at the highest price it's ever been and then wait for profits. Buy low) and ICOs are quick but dangerous.

SHIFTCASH

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:27:20 PM

Buying btc and jst holding can fetch u some gains but with the upcoming fork the price might fluctuates heavily.
Invest in a well researched ICO with high potentials of mooning and you are sure of hitting ur dream

laboletory

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:28:52 PM

BTC is a steady investment which will take time to grow.

If you are looking for very HIGN returns - invest in ICO's - I have bought at 0.02 USD and sold at 0.89 USD in a matter of weeks on carefully researched ICO's.
what is your opinion about Ripple and Neo?
truongdhnh

Activity: 870
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:45:20 PM

If you have enough capital, you just invest in bitcoin. If the amount of capital is too small, you accept the risk of investing in ICO. People only contribute comments, you should trust yourself.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:51:40 PM

Dont listen to people who tell you to go in an ICO! Do so only if you are 100% sure what you are doing. This requires a lot of research and due diligence nowadays. I made the experience, that in 9 out of 10 ICO's you will be better off holding your BTC and wait until the Coins hit the market and let them dump to buy in at a cheap price. Sure you could also pick the 1 out of the 10 that immediately goes x10, but the chances are very low to find this one. Nowadays its more likely that its 1 out of 50 that isnt overvalued at the ICO sale. Thats just my point of view though. Its always better do make your own experiences, but most importantly: never invest what you arent willing to loose!
abcd7

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:47:43 PM

for me is if you have enough money try to split it half in BTC and the other half to ICO there is some with a very good expectation and future . .
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:48:34 PM

I posted this thread because I  have money right now and was thinking to like invest!
I wanted to know is it is beneficial to invest in new ICO, or should I just buy some BTC and wait for the value to increase.
If you buy BTC you are buying an asset that isn´t without risks but that has proven itself for some time. Going for an ICO is an investment and you should consider it long term. So you have to look at the project behind it and the token itself. Are you buying a part of the company? a token that will fuel the company itself or just some useless token to go on pump and dumps on an exchage? all can be profitable but be careful and take care of your capital.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
eldub

Activity: 232
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:01:41 PM

The answer is to always by Bitcoin, whatever the question. Buy Bitcoin and hold is all anyone has to know. Did I mention to buy Bitcoin?

JoyofCrypto

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:01:50 PM

Invest in alts that have a proven developers team, not ICO's.
CisColtz

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:09:36 PM

Well I wouln't recomand any of them . Better it's to gather money , wait for bitcoin to calm down , then jump into btc for long term or try to speculate some alts for quick profits. Also there are some very good ico projects right now but make sure you triple check them before engage into one.
onyebuchi81

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:42:15 PM

I think if u are a straight  shooter or a conservative investor u should buy btc but now is not a good time to buy btc since it has been on a steady rise of late.u can wait it out for price to stabilize or attain a stable support level.then u can ride it out.but if u are willing to take some risk,u can do ur own research and buy onto an ico u really believe in or u can buy into an already established altcoin since most of then are still really cheat since u can make 10x profits in the event of an altcoin boom.but at the end of the day the decision rest with u
sebinator

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:21:04 PM

ICO is too risky in my opinion. You can go 10x in both directions. Win or loose. I know it's nearly the same with Bitcoin, but there is a large community behind this cryptocurrency. I think buying BTC is a good move at the moment. The price is not so high ($ 6100) and will definitely rise up because of the next fork in November.
ap3311

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:25:45 PM

Both preferences are important choices for earning . money can be earned in this way by making logical choices. you do have to join or not join  any one of them. both can be done at once. there are many projects that can be really to be valued in the future. if you search from them and make a good investment in a few, you can make a lot of money in the future.

⚫▶      BUILDERIUM 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Creating the future you desire, one bid at a time

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
YOUR RELIABLE PLATFORM FOR SKILLED &
QUALITY CONSTRUCTION CLIENTS & CONTRACTORS

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Whitepaper
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN AIRDROP

HAARP

Activity: 206

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:28:43 PM

I think if u are a straight  shooter or a conservative investor u should buy btc but now is not a good time to buy btc since it has been on a steady rise of late.u can wait it out for price to stabilize or attain a stable support level.then u can ride it out.but if u are willing to take some risk,u can do ur own research and buy onto an ico u really believe in or u can buy into an already established altcoin since most of then are still really cheat since u can make 10x profits in the event of an altcoin boom.but at the end of the day the decision rest with u

Dividing the budget is the best option in any scenario guys. Getting into ico with all is wrong, but buying all for bitcoin is wrong too. So making a diversified budget is the most true decission on the market now.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:36:29 PM

Hmm I would suggest you to invest a little into some good good ICOS and the rest better keep them untill bitcoin have it's correction. Also if you think the bitcoin will have a new time high , it's a good oportunity for you to make a quick profit . There are some guys that belive bitcoin will reach over 7k$ soon.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
etter

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:50:07 PM

Buy BTC and forget about it. Trust me, I would much rather do that. But nooo, some acquaintances lured me into altcoin trading. Would have much more now, if I just kept it my way.
An.tony

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:51:52 PM

Can balance collocation, don't casually throw ICO, too many ICO suspected fraud.
zigroud

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:10:44 PM

The answer to your question really depends on your risk tolerance, and how you balance it with the potential to make money.

Let me give you an analogy that you might find interesting, between the crypto world and the financial world:
  • Bitcoin would be gold.
  • Previous successful ICOs are like the stocks on the stock market (except you cannot buy shares), existing businesses with an ongoing project.
  • New ICOs are like businesses raising VC money.

Investing in the ICO stage of a new [Suspicious link removed]pany can be risky, like angel/VC investing can be. However, returns can be huge.
Buying tokens of existing blockchain projects, like buying shares of a specific company, is less risky, but still contains your investment inside a single entity. Possibility of huge returns is decreased by a lot.
At last, buying bitcoins, much like buying gold, is even less risky. Forget about any huge returns, but keeping for a long time might be an interesting investment strategy.

Of course, this analogy presents its own limits and should be taken with a grain of salt.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: