Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 11:26:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: http://megacoin.miningpool.co/  (Read 3160 times)
Charles999 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:54:05 PM

Anyone using this mining pool?  do they pay honestly?

http://megacoin.miningpool.co/
ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:21:35 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2013, 03:30:19 PM by ohiwastedmylif

Pool is fine now

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:56:10 AM

registration is closed

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
kevindeangelis

Activity: 448
Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:16:55 AM

registration is closed

I also noticed that Sad

dubs

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:17:54 AM

reigstration closed because pool was reaching the 51% mark
formularon

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:12:31 AM

I have been mining there all day with coins building up. No matter what I do it refuses to send a payout to my wallet. I sent an email to support with no response. I am getting a little worried. It is probably time to switch pools. Anyone else having similar issues?
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:02:23 AM

I have been mining there all day with coins building up. No matter what I do it refuses to send a payout to my wallet. I sent an email to support with no response. I am getting a little worried. It is probably time to switch pools. Anyone else having similar issues?

Sorry for the delay - I am looking into now. It seems payment is failing for some of the most recent accounts. Usually this is caused by an invalid address being entered into someones account.
MacT

Activity: 141

ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:30:33 PM

... ....

It only creditied  68 coins to my account for the last 9 hours at 2400 kh/s. The account is not new and has mined many thousands here before.

spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:27:32 PM

I tried this pool out for kicks yesterday, ran three of my rigs between minimum of 4gh/s to 6.5gh/s for a total of 18hrs and ive got nowhere near 500 megacoins let alone i should be looking at around 2500-3000 megacoins a day when you do the math, i was averaging 4-5.5 megacoins per block. When you're finding blocks every 3 minutes im no albert einstein but id cut my left testie off if theres not something wrong with this mining pools calculations.
BE WARNED GUYS SOMETHING SEEMS WRONG HERE.
Ill keep everyone posted on how the payout goes later in the day when the rest of my measly 21K shares get processed.
BitRock

Activity: 137

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:44:31 AM

My account is not new and I received much less coins than expected.  Huh Huh Huh
spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:06:26 AM

Yep the op is definitely pocketing a huge wad of all the solved blocks. I lost money mining with this pool. Had I of solo mined instead I would have 4 times the amount I got
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:12:49 AM

name the thread then to inform people not to get raped there.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:17:07 AM

Yep the op is definitely pocketing a huge wad of all the solved blocks. I lost money mining with this pool. Had I of solo mined instead I would have 4 times the amount I got

thanks i am now going to get my miners out of there and tell everyone else to watch their coins with this place too.

OP why not rename this thread to megacoin.miningpool  is scamming people out of coins.

BitRock

Activity: 137

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:02:26 PM

I have not got any response for pool owner after I sent message to him.
nearmiss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:19:03 PM

http://mec.scryptmining.com has been up and running successfully for quite some time.  We are currently small, but happy to find more miners to hop on board. Payouts are never a problem Smiley

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
fynrd1

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:41:49 AM

Hmm, the reason for searching this topic was about the same suspicious thoughts about this pool. Almost 50% of my earnings are down the drain. Orphan blogs could be a reason, but not enough historical block data on the site.  Roll Eyes
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 01:02:23 PM

I assure you we are not trying to scam anyone!

We did have some problems with blocks not paying out properly for about a 24-48 hour period.

We have a custom catcher system in place that catches unpaid blocks and distributes them amongst miners.

The way the catcher system works is every 5 minutes we scan through the last 400 blocks and see if any blocks were solved by the pool and if they were if they have already been paid out or not. If they were missed by mmCFE the catcher script looks at each users total shares submitted and then deducts the last total count we have recorded from the last run of the catcher script. The resulting shares for each user are then added up and the total unpaid block count for that run of the catcher script is divided between the outstanding shares. The problem that is becoming apparent with this system, is that if you mine for say 12 hours and the pool mmCFE misses paying out on some blocks then you stop mining the missing blocks are distributed amongst those who are still mining... When I built the catcher script it was designed to run once every 24 hours, however in an effort to speed up missed blocks a few days ago we moved it to run every 5 minutes. On average it works out well, but I admit it is far from perfect and I am in the process of re-designing the whole back end of mmCFE to avoid these problems altogether.

If you mine on the pool it may take a while for the system to ramp up to your full share with pplns and missed blocks - after the first 24 hours you should see the coins per day estimates being reached. I have been mining on the pool for a few days to test out whats going on and my payout over the last 24 hours was estimated yesterday at about 350 MEC per day, on completion of the 24 hour period the daily estimate stood at 307 MEC / Day - At the end of the 24 hour period I had received 302 MEC. Yes, a little under 350 estimated the day before, but pretty damn close to the 300 as estimated today. Don't forget at difficulty goes up your estimates will go down. The payouts for the 24 hour period before that were not running smoothly and I apologise for that - missed shares were badly distributed, especially as mentioned above to miners who stopped mining on the pool  Sad.

At the end of the day it is still currently, for the most part of the day, the largest Megacoin pool and often has at least 50% of the network hashing power (only 33% currently - looks like a multipool is hitting Megacoin at the moment) - we have some pretty big miners there and of the ones I have heard from their payouts are, aside from the problems a couple of days ago, consistently on par with (or at worst slightly below) with what they should be getting and they have no problem with the pool.
aurefos

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:28:57 PM

Well, I don't negate what you write above but the fact is that I mined on your pool for couple days with 700-750kh/s and usually got ~100 MEC per day which is waaaay too low within that what stats says. I'm not trying different pool and within ~16h I mined ~150 MEC with exactly same hashrate so definitely sth is wrong on your pool. I don't say that you're cheating but the problem definitely exists.
ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:31:09 PM

Updated my first post on here, as to not scare people away.

I used the pool for days afterwards and it was fine. It has hiccups from time to time but seems to work itself out over time.

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
MacT

Activity: 141

ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:43:40 PM

So this pool:

A: often does not pay blocks mined.

and

B: in recognition of point A, extra software was written instead of fixing A, that will sometimes pay out the funds from blocks that werent paid, but has no idea who to pay and so gives away earned coins to people who did not mine them just because they happen to be on at the moment.

Fix A and you wont need B.      other pools dont just doze off and not pay people.

Under this system anyone who notices they arent getting paid so they stop mining here, winds up not getting paid and their coins given away to others if the backup catching software even notices at all.

IT IS EXTREMELY FOOLISH TO MINE HERE UNDER THE CURRENT BROKEN SYSTEM

I assure you we are not trying to scam anyone!

We did have some problems with blocks not paying out properly for about a 24-48 hour period.

We have a custom catcher system in place that catches unpaid blocks and distributes them amongst miners.

The way the catcher system works is every 5 minutes we scan through the last 400 blocks and see if any blocks were solved by the pool and if they were if they have already been paid out or not. If they were missed by mmCFE the catcher script looks at each users total shares submitted and then deducts the last total count we have recorded from the last run of the catcher script. The resulting shares for each user are then added up and the total unpaid block count for that run of the catcher script is divided between the outstanding shares. The problem that is becoming apparent with this system, is that if you mine for say 12 hours and the pool mmCFE misses paying out on some blocks then you stop mining the missing blocks are distributed amongst those who are still mining... When I built the catcher script it was designed to run once every 24 hours, however in an effort to speed up missed blocks a few days ago we moved it to run every 5 minutes. On average it works out well, but I admit it is far from perfect and I am in the process of re-designing the whole back end of mmCFE to avoid these problems altogether.

If you mine on the pool it may take a while for the system to ramp up to your full share with pplns and missed blocks - after the first 24 hours you should see the coins per day estimates being reached. I have been mining on the pool for a few days to test out whats going on and my payout over the last 24 hours was estimated yesterday at about 350 MEC per day, on completion of the 24 hour period the daily estimate stood at 307 MEC / Day - At the end of the 24 hour period I had received 302 MEC. Yes, a little under 350 estimated the day before, but pretty damn close to the 300 as estimated today. Don't forget at difficulty goes up your estimates will go down. The payouts for the 24 hour period before that were not running smoothly and I apologise for that - missed shares were badly distributed, especially as mentioned above to miners who stopped mining on the pool  Sad.

At the end of the day it is still currently, for the most part of the day, the largest Megacoin pool and often has at least 50% of the network hashing power (only 33% currently - looks like a multipool is hitting Megacoin at the moment) - we have some pretty big miners there and of the ones I have heard from their payouts are, aside from the problems a couple of days ago, consistently on par with (or at worst slightly below) with what they should be getting and they have no problem with the pool.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: