Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:56:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them?  (Read 2904 times)
Croin

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:33:42 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

Airdrop is total crap!
The tokens are total crap - It's like the crappiest ICO but even low. No one needs the stuff. So sell them if they are worth anything.

*Although made once a couple of hundreds by airdrops on Waves but it was in the beginning.
troiano9

Activity: 284
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:38:27 AM

Depends on what they are worth and how you feel about the project
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:52:26 AM

If you are the owner of that project and you believe that your project has potential and will be worth millions are you going to give it away that easy? Maybe its part of their marketing plan but if there's a huge demand of the token and people are lining up to buy it, so again, why give it away. Sell them as fast as you can as others are also thinking the same way.
josephinerosdy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:58:40 AM

what a reason to hold airdrop tokens? it's free ,not large amount and that's only shitcoin have no future.
is good to sell quickly.
greatk

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:00:57 AM

If you believe in the project, HODL but if you don't believe in it, sell it. Though, most of the recent airdrops are not worth hodling

Awnar

Activity: 230

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:10:29 AM

Some airdrops are crap it's an easy money for the dev and team, I noticed their's no road map for a long term run project. If I received from an airdrop I usually dump but if the the project is promising one I sell the half of the tokens and wait for some updates. On the other hand, be thankful if you're into an airdrop for the free money!.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:13:30 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?
Me i usually wait for the doubled price of the token i received from any bounty altcoin campaigns it doesnt hurt if you wait for a long or a months is it because youll only wait for it  to grow and do literally nothing until it grows. So keep it all and wait for the doubled value of the rates you received better take more bounty campaigns in the altcoin discussion if you want more income. It is so easy i know you know that i know you know how to post hahah

I would suggest that you hold on to them. Companies or business entities airdrop tokens to have it scattered and be known in the market. It's value, on the other hand, is not yet in its best potential, thus, it would be better to hold on to them until such time the tokens become more recognized and company where it came from would appraise their value in its real market price. Some people, as I have read, even hold on to those airdropped tokens for years, until such time that the business where it's related with blooms, and so, it's value would be exponentially higher.

wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:17:00 AM

It really depends of the token purpose. If it was made just as a pump and dump token, then you should sell it when you have a chance, no point of keeping it. Some airdrops have a good project behind and you can recognise that quite fast from website, twitter, telegam. Those are worth holding.

GabrielKiara

Activity: 273
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:25:34 AM

Just advice from me "Sell Them". Because most airdrop tokens are just a big scam. tut not all, out there are still many tokens that can be trusted you just have to be careful. Good luck!
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 11:29:46 AM

you already have the answer in this sentence Wink

when talking about price, it is all a speculation. and when you speculate a lot of people will be selling what they get, that simply means price will drop inevitably. selling in this case is a no brainier.
besides, if you are so worried about missing out on the afterwards rise, then just buy back.

--looking for signature--
newlone

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:30:53 AM

Hello,
I think you should keep it because they will continue to push the price of it up, if you sell it soon you will lose your profits.
JoyofCrypto

Activity: 198

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:34:11 AM

Hold on to them, who knows, they might be worth thousands in a few years
Mysterious01

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:39:28 AM

Hello,
The first thing that I do before deciding to dump or sell the tokens that I get from airdrops is to look for their project, if their project has potential then I HODL but if it is created just for the benefit of devs then I will dump it.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:05:29 PM

You should consider your tokens' value. If the price of your token goes up, you should trade it immediately and don't wait for its price to go down. If you also think its value is beneficial, take it.

sanbashiyi
Legendary

Activity: 895
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:12:02 PM

hold then , because all they are free and you never know what will happen in the future

but do not buy more , just hold
moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:18:57 PM

Do they have any value?!
The few I received really worth nothing

MrBillioner

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:28:01 PM

Gday! I would recommend to hodl these shit coins. Now they cost app-ly nothing. In future there is a likelihood that the price may increase. So HODL.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:32:09 PM

Hold or dump depends from the airdropped coin, same is with icos. Dumping is what people do with to get some money fast, I noticed that same is happening with many icos, people getnin presales when there is a discount for buying and soon when they can seel they do it and go to another ico. I hold some ico tokens and I participated in few airdrops, I hold them even thou they don't worth much now, I will rather wait and take more in some time then something little now. That is risk, their price can drop more and I can lose what I already have, but that risk I'm willing to take for some altcoins I have.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
magiccarpett

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:34:51 PM

just hold them for some days if there are no serious purpose behind them. follow them on block folio. after they increased from 200-500% u can sell them quickly.
yunuzov

Activity: 464

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:41:57 PM

Well yea most of the airdrop coins are almost worthless. You need to decide if those airdrop coins have potential to gain value in the future. Most of the time they won’t but still it’s safer do a detailed analysis before dumping them.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: