Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:13:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them?  (Read 2904 times)
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:12:08 PM

Watch out for the gas.  I sold a few of my shit ones just to clean up my wallet that I use for airdrops and I ended up negative or even on the transactions.  Also if one has good volume it would be a good idea to ride it out. There are some airdrops from 1-2 years ago worth 6 and even 7 figures now.
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:28:28 PM

Cool. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the eBTCnew tokens on my wallet.
I think this is the first time I benefited from hodling tokens from an airdrop. Everybody is telling me to sell, but I believe there may be a good future for this one and yellow token might be good. The folks are trying hard.
Watch out for the gas.  I sold a few of my shit ones just to clean up my wallet that I use for airdrops and I ended up negative or even on the transactions.  Also if one has good volume it would be a good idea to ride it out. There are some airdrops from 1-2 years ago worth 6 and even 7 figures now.
CiGa

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:49:28 PM

Generally airdrops are done without any projects, so we call them shitcoin. If this type of airdrop's price is pumped, I prefer to sell all of them.
Supreemo

Activity: 443
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:29:59 PM

Cool. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the eBTCnew tokens on my wallet.
I think this is the first time I benefited from hodling tokens from an airdrop. Everybody is telling me to sell, but I believe there may be a good future for this one and yellow token might be good. The folks are trying hard.
,basically some of those who availed few years ago was still holding until now, their own reason is that, it is just free so they just keep it all and just locked it aways, luckily they are at good price in the market now, and for some circumstances i wanna try those airdrops also and keep it locked away.
treepixel

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:30:02 PM

Tough call.

My ethereumlite tokens were worth about $650 when they peaked at around $1.4. Didn't cost me anything to get them, so in a way I haven't lost anything. There was potential for it to easily hit $2 by the end of this week, but then drama-hack-scam-whatever and it's down to $0.30.

Should I have sold at $1.4? Yeah.
Would I regret selling if the price went to $3? Yeah.

I originally thought I should hold airdrops for at least two months, but now I'm not sure, although I am still leaning toward holding them for a few months for the small chance that they do succeed (int he market at least). If money comes into crypto in 2018 a few of these airdopped coins might pump or get attention.
trk

Activity: 228

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:43:44 PM

I joined all telegram group of my airdrop token to know the progress and the the dev team
If it looks good I will consider to buy some more other than my airdrop token
But yes, you need quite plenty of time to do that

treepixel

Activity: 226

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:46:34 PM

I joined all telegram group of my airdrop token to know the progress and the the dev team
If it looks good I will consider to buy some more other than my airdrop token
But yes, you need quite plenty of time to do that
Some of those telegram devs tho...they're promising to revolutionize the blockchain but spend the whole day on telegram  Tongue. I actually find it really difficult to gauge a project by its telegram.
chidrawarster

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:18:27 PM

I would personally sell off those coins as most of the coins when reach exchange take much time to turn in to profits. There are many coins in the market which come and go in no time , still they may have very less value , never the less i wouldnt get into such deals. I get the coins, i sell them off at whatever price they are. The early we sell the more profit , this is what i feel and there many investors as well who hold for certain period till the coins value doubles, that also not a bad idea.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:52:18 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?
It totally depends on the project as far as I am concerned, Not all airdrops are shit and it depends on the way the airdrop comes. Some coins call it airdrop but they still make you work for it either with your social media page or even signatures, like POStoken.

However, there are some that you just see in your wallet or you just do not do anything for it and you just drop your wallet address to receive them. Any good project will not just airdrop anyhow and I have never liked the idea anyway. If you feel it is a project worth waiting for, then why not? If not, discard as soon as you can.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
10yearsolder

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:57:21 AM

Most of airdropped coins is a shit coins, the price of which dumped to 0. So, no need to hold it.

That's right. Why hold shitcoins? Sooner or later they will all turn into shits. They do not even have anything proper to discuss about their coins when promoting them through airdrops. There are only a handful of coins that recently conducted airdrops that belong to considered legit projects. There was Senderon and just recently there was also Ingeniciel.
crypto-bit

Activity: 333

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:57:47 AM

do not hold your airdropped tokens as long you have it dispose all of them to get value of it and enjoy every bucks you recieve.air drop tokens are mostly shit. and not good for long term
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:52:21 AM

Airdropped coins are unnaturally getting higher values nowadays, I think it's better to sell them if they have high value and are already listed for more than a week.
I noticed that too but well, it is airdrop and I really do not have anything to lose. I just received an airdrop recently as I have never given a shit about them before, but I thought, whatever, after all, they are free and I have nothing to lose at all.

I am looking at keeping most of them anyway to even really see or prove my point if they end up shitty or not. I guess time will tell. Reading through some projects though, some seem to have some good idea.
OneUnderBridge

Activity: 368
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 08:08:18 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

Dump on the green candles, and buy more on the dips. But, I hold my airdrop coins too, especially if I can actively participate and have some skill or knowledge that I can contribute to the project. I generally don't participate in airdrops unless I believe there's some way I can contribute to the project to increase its value or utilize its network developments to advance my position.

▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬▬▬
..Connect and Create..
                ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████  ████████████  ███████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
       ██████████████████████████

The Movement
Unstoppable Organization
                  ▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄      
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬
Connect and Create
⌠                  ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:43:53 PM

As a rule, all tokens that fall on the stock exchange immediately begin to lose value, since most holders of such coins immediately try to sell them, and therefore the demand for them quickly falls. However, some tokens somewhere in six to eight months are restored in price and can even have a good growth. It depends on the quality of the project and its significance. If you are sure of the further popularity and support of the project, then its tokens after a while may rise in price. You just have to wait.

rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:52:08 PM

I'm hold all airdrops which have some project. I get it for free and if it even 1% chance to get 10+x I'll use it. Why I should lost my time to sell airdrop, if it give me less then 10$ at begging?
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:59:36 PM

Most of airdropped coins is a shit coins, the price of which dumped to 0. So, no need to hold it.

I have the same opinion with you. Most of airdropped coins can't survive for a longer time. Some of them could be pumped but not long after it, airdropped coins will be dumped and die! There's nothing special from airdropped coins.

Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:40:42 PM

If you can find an exchange with volume to sell them go a head ofcourse. Because think that if you dont sell others will sell and pricce is going to drop. Because so many people have those airdrop coins in their wallets.
vfrcbv911

Activity: 238
Merit: 144

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:29:58 PM

It seems to me now is to hold your tokens. After a hard fork of bitcoin I think that the price will drop and altcoins will go up.

iL_P4driNo

Activity: 150

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:09:15 PM

Airdropped tokens should be sold quickly. I don't know why people are buying these things. Most of airdrop tokens dies in short time.
Donaldturp

Activity: 228

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:11:45 PM

Hello,

This is a hard question, if you think the Project won't last long, you can sell them away so that you get at least something in fiat such as btc, eth or usdt. If you really see the hype, you can hold your airdrop tokens.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: