Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:30:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them?  (Read 2904 times)
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:58:59 PM

Why sell them cheap if holding them can make you more money? Unless you are selling the airdrop coins and buying some other alt of your choice then it is fine, else do not do it. It is not wise to sell when everyone is dumping.

Bybox

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:59:22 PM

It depends on you if you really need money then it's better to sell directly when you get it but usually it's not worth much. It's better to keep it for a few weeks or months and wait for a pump and then you can sell it for a good price. But there are lots of airdrop so I don't know if all of them will pump, maybe just a few with good team and roadmap.
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:11:23 AM

They are usually around 30 USD worth when you get it. However, for example, ACC increased in price and now the 100 tokens I got are worth 0.89 ETH!
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:21:14 AM

They are usually around 30 USD worth when you get it. However, for example, ACC increased in price and now the 100 tokens I got are worth 0.89 ETH!
Every airdropped token won't get you bigger profit. It's good to hold and if no increase is experienced then it's good to exchange for what is available or else needs to give it separate portfolio and keep on holding. If it reaches the value that you targeted exchange it, else just leave it. Nothing can be done anymore.
Croin

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:41:45 PM

speaking for myself, my choices are ..
1. to sell all right away
2. or to sell most right away, and sell the rest at leisure
3. or to sell some right away, and try to get better prices for the rest

i guess if i feel like playing, i can do 2 or 3 above. it takes attention and some time to do 2&3, maybe worth it, maybe not. so it really depends on my ur day is shaping up, i guess.

that said, #1 above would be my default choice, i think. get the item off my plate, then i can sign up for other airdrops hehe XD

Kinda nice you made it agree with you on that one
keyzersoze

Activity: 476
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:50:35 PM

Bitcore/BTX has a brilliant airdrop, running right at this moment.
Youz People’s should check it out Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1883902.7660

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Croin

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

Can you describe it a bit more, I really don't get what they are trying to achive with it seem kinda useless...
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:27:31 AM

Check the project roadmap and activity of the devs. If developers are engaged with the community, you can hold the coin and hope for a brighter future. Whether there is no development nor engagement, feel free to do whatever you want with that garbage. Keep 1 coin for collection though.
Sangkuni

Activity: 392
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:35:10 AM

most coin of airdrop is shit coin. but there are also coin which have good price, ex: everus (letcoin) etc ....
I think the option to hold or sell early can be seen from the prospect of the coin, can be seen from the roadmap, community, capital, coin goals etc.
neolite

Activity: 206
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:35:24 AM

Most of airdrop are scam because owner of airdrop control more than half of total supply.At begging the price is high but owner start to sell all coins and the price will be very low.

ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:43:44 PM

Most of airdrop are scam because owner of airdrop control more than half of total supply.At begging the price is high but owner start to sell all coins and the price will be very low.
I dont agree. This maybe true for a lot of coins but once the market reaches an equilibrium and if the team keeps working, it gets more expensive in time. Some examples are ACC, POS token, eBTC, Blue, redBTC eCASH and some others.
barlo357

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:09:54 PM

Sell or trade them quickly so that you don't have worries.

Urara

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:14:24 PM

if you are not in a hurry hold for few months and after sell only if you see a big gap,
 otherwise wait a little bit more
Glok17

Activity: 319

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:18:58 PM

You need to have a really good knowledge to understand what free(aidriopped) coin is good and what coin is useless crap. I think 95% of airdropped coins are bad and deserve quick dump, but remaining 5% can make you rich!

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
kaya11

Activity: 1302

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:19:13 PM

not to mention most of these airdrops are useless projects that will drop hard in the future anyways, which makes holding them a big mistake.

if you believe in a project's future then you can buy after the dump inside the dip. in other words you receive your token, dump them fast then wait for the dumping to slow down or stop and then buy back what you sold and wait for the rise.

Your advice is one of the best, I have done it many times and earned a portion of ethereum and sold it for Bitcoin and held it for a while. Most airdropped coins are shitcoins and the dev team is always gone when ever their project is a failure. If you have an intuitions on the coins that you have received have no potential on making it to the top, you should just sell it right away.
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:28:11 PM

Make sure only to hold the good ones for a long term.

If a coin smells like scam better dump too early instaed of waiting until the devs disappear.

It's only a matter of time, one must be fast to be able to loot the shitcoin's value, if you are too slow you'll end up getting only a cent or the worst, nothing.
That's why I stopped trying to join in any bounty campaigns, it's a shame to promote a crap. But just like what you've said there are still good projects that might provides a decent profit.

steven.spearman

Activity: 221

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:00:16 PM

Just hold your coin, for what is sold when the price drops or there is no market. Moreover coin is free right, something free is a rare thing. Then hold until you are sure to get a profit.

zabisux

Activity: 401

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:03:48 PM

Most of airdrop tokens may seem scam or they may end up becoming scam. But I do believe you shouldn't just dump coins you got free right away. There may be good news with coin development and it may become like nem..

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:16:49 PM

Bitcore should be in the top10 instead of bcash and btg. But it's not a normal "airdrop" you need to get your bitcore from the hybrid fork if you were holding btc at the snapshot, or you need to buy/mine some bitcore to get some returns on it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
Honglee

Activity: 156

Start my crypto for better world

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:20:36 PM

for sure most of it are shit, but today airdrop happen in many coins for marketing or bla bla bla, dun care about it, just keep for your child! as long as it has potential~

Cheers

"TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: