Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:14:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them?  (Read 2904 times)
pure_happiness_inside

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:15:06 PM

I sold half of my eBTC and keeping the other half. I'm keeping my bitcoin red. Those two projects tend to hold some value. The ones that hold its value tend to continue holding its value.

Others experience a pump and then lose value if devs abandon their project. I'd say take a look at their website. If the devs are actively making progress than can continue to hold.
seniorPreSaleInvestor

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:33:55 PM

@you and guys you're holding monero, iota, tron, ada komodo, please sell them out now, recent news many countries warms their people that those coins are related into illegal activities at international scope because of their shell companies around the world. Be wisdom investor rather than feed other fat !

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:11:39 AM

@you and guys you're holding monero, iota, tron, ada komodo, please sell them out now, recent news many countries warms their people that those coins are related into illegal activities at international scope because of their shell companies around the world. Be wisdom investor rather than feed other fat !

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?
I dont know, were they airdropped somehow? How is it related?
sorrowfulnightcries

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 08:31:24 AM

If you are already satisfied with your token's value then sell it, it depends on your plans for your tokens though usually tokens tend to increase in value overtime and it is practically better to hold you should still consider its status and how in demand it is before you sell it or hold it.

mrcastelo

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:16:32 AM

It really depends on the person holding the airdrop, if you are satisfied with the profits . go and sell half it and let the half stay in your wallet so you will not have any regrets if the price goes higher.
bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:10:58 PM

For me I hold up the coin unless I read about any of the coins increment  then I dump but without this I hold and this is because I have nothing to lose but rather gain because the airdrops are free, so any amount from the airdrop is still a profit.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
christian07

Activity: 265
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:15:30 PM

If you join in airdrop that's legit i think you need to exchange already after you got but you can hold it if you trust that token will be more good in the future.But if i have that i think i sell that already for safety because i only got that for free so nothing gonna happen even i hold that for more good and i will exchange that for sure profit.
aslamnur28

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:17:02 PM

IMO, it's air-dropped tokens right? So it's all free , why would you choose the risk way ? Earn a lot or nothing was taken away because it's free?
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:41:13 PM

If the project has long-running capabilities - then it's better to hold it. If not - try to catch ideal moment to sell it on a high price as fast as you can.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:48:46 PM

Most airdrop tokens are actually not worth keeping because may be only one out of a hundred may actually worth it. Most people tend to dump it as soon as is tradeable on exchanges. The choice is yours to make. Dump or Hodl
TeLlMeFrY

Activity: 392

Spanish Translator

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:50:14 PM

Well, if you have done a good research and you think that the value of the tokens is going to raise, you should hold them. However this is not the case most of the time and then you should sell them as soon as possible.

EZ365TMREVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM
WHITEPAPERINVESTOR pitch ❰ | Telegram | Twitter | Facebook |
███████████████ [ PLAYTRADELEARN ] ███████████████
Rudementry

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:06:46 PM

I do not sell coins received with airdrop. If I do not see that somehow miraculously something has grown to $ 100. In general, with airdrops, you can get a couple of bucks. Well, maximum of 5 bucks. Just some of the coins that you send from airdrop will be very tiny. If you want to get a coin, but do not want to buy it, take part in the bounty, it give more.
Bestfriendko

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:00:33 PM

Based on everything that i have read here, their replies were almost all the same, sell. I, still haven't been given the chance to experience airdrop though i am still waiting and hopeful. According to you, the value of your airdrop token had already drop down, so what are you waiting for? Sell them now until they have at least a value. It will be a total waste if tomorrow it will plummet to 0 value.
godfredmanu

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:06:57 PM

If you believe the airdrop is based on a project that has value, then why sell them. HOld them. Do a diligent research and if you find out they arent reliable team managers backing the project and the future doesn't look bright then you can dump them for few bucks.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
realsmans

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:35:21 PM

I think it is better to hold for long term. Never know what will go tothemoon. And it is not makes sense to sell, if your profit will be less than 50$.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:44:44 PM

It depends on you sir but for hodling's sake, you better keep it even it looks so valueless for now. I myself had kept this eDOGE token worth of 5Million tokens that is valueless. Who knows, it will rise soon and would just have a minimal value of 0.001 USD. That's big amount of money already, right?

wagi

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:56:13 PM

Hello,

I dont say that you should do the same, bit do the same like you sell it when you get it is more suggested.
Airdrop token seems like become loss in value time by time.
laguseklik

Activity: 254

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:01:32 AM

Hello,

I think tokens obtained through airdrop is not too much so it is not worth more than $ 1 (usually) So it's better to hold it because if it sells it will probably only get tired without maximum profit. But the decision is in the hands of each holder...

Oops, there is no signature...
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:08:48 AM

Based on everything that i have read here, their replies were almost all the same, sell. I, still haven't been given the chance to experience airdrop though i am still waiting and hopeful. According to you, the value of your airdrop token had already drop down, so what are you waiting for? Sell them now until they have at least a value. It will be a total waste if tomorrow it will plummet to 0 value.
I think you should sell it when the time comes. It is important for us not to bet our time and effort on tokens. I hate tokens so much that I never follow Airdrop. It's because we never know if the tokens given to us can be useful and valuable or not. After all, to melt the token takes a very long time. Yes indeed it depends on each ICO. But there are various ICO's that require users to disburse tokens when ICO ends. It was very troublesome and long time ago. So you should sell immediately if you can. Better we keep cryptocurrency that is definitely profit.
sugihe

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:13:12 AM

From my experience, once the coin hits a price which gives you profit dump them.

The shitcoins have jokers running them so they are in it for the short period. They will dump at the very first chance.

Most of 'E' coins are like that.

Agree with you. Just sell it when you have chance to sell it. If not it will loss its value and never recover anymore.
Actually not all airdrop can not recover but most of them are shit coin and just stay in our wallet as decoration.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: