Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:15:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them?  (Read 2904 times)
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:43:08 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

It depends on whether or not you think it's a good project with a good future. Some airdrops are rubbish, so these you should sell before the price hits zero. However good projects also sometimes give coins away - and these you should hold on to. One mistake I made recently was to sell my Oyster Pearl airdrop - I now wish I'd held it as it is worth many times more. My mistake was not looking into the project enough. Always make an evaluation before you sell.
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:42:28 AM

This ECASH thing is now among the top tokens in yobit and etherdelta. I understand some folks sold it when all their tokens were worth 0.1 ether, but now it is worth at least 300 per cent in a couple of days. Too bad etherdelta is slow as hell and does not let me sell as soon as I want to sell.
TheAlchemist

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:53:39 PM

I try not to participate in airdrops, if the project in my opinion is not promising. Why waste time and get $ 0.20? Go to the stock exchange, buy more, so that there is a minimum that can be sold. This is a silly occupation. Airdrops of good projects are not very noticeable in my wallet, as often I still buy at ICO. Therefore, airdrop is a pleasant bonus for me, and not a way to earn.
tushkanych

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:59:28 PM

Very often airdrop are conducted to attract users to participate in campaigns bounty. Therefore, the coin promised long before ICO. In 99% of cases it will be useless junk in your wallet. And the remaining 1% would be a nice bonus for you.
VuLDK

Activity: 284
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:03:04 PM

I think you should hold airdropped tokens because I see airdropped tokens will increase in the future. Some token in stages development and strong . Investor participant some token and promote it. In the future these token will use very much. You should hold this token, that is right. Good luck for you
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:09:26 PM

Airdrop badges and generosity usually have a cheap price after release, so you have to skip them in a few weeks. This is a good way to make money.
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:55:02 PM

I sell my coins, which I got from airdrops. If it allows quantity and price. But basically it's a very small amount and they just lie in my purse. I sometimes watch the price. And I'll tell you that the price increase is seen in less than 10% of the received coins from the airdrop.

oscarrsm

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:18:34 PM

I do not sell the coins that I get on the airdrop. Their number is very small. However, if any one of them achieves success and grows well in price. Then I can recieve maybe 100 bucks. But I get them for free, so they just holded.
GrandBcn

Activity: 275

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:15:40 PM

In good projects, when a part is distributed on airdrop, they end immediately. I do not know where people get caught instantly about good airdrops. When I still manage to get a coin from a promising project, then I do not sell it as if the price rise. Useless tokens, of course it makes sense to sell as quickly as possible. But not always the solution is obvious.
Zufox

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:50:50 PM

I think it all depends on the project. If you read the white paper, the road map and you did not like this project-sell quickly!if you like some project-then hold your tokens.
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:28:30 PM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

I ain't personally joining any airdrop bounty nowadays because most of them are presented as the interesting projects and in the end, they are revealed as a scam.

If I was on your place I would sell the airdrop token in a second when I got it because my time is valuable and watching constantly the market with the hope for the token growth would make me very tired. 95% of the airdrops are usually providing the tokens that are being dumped in the end.

Instead of wasting the time with the airdrops better join some good ICO project or signature campaign and with a just a little effort more maybe you could get a good profit and not just the wreckage that the airdrops are offering.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
venox12

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:32:44 PM

well you like risks? some of airdrops are worth over 2k today
novocaine

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:01:42 AM

well you like risks? some of airdrops are worth over 2k today
which kind of airdrops?
cxt07

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:04:13 AM

Depends on what the airdrop is.  If it is a e-coin then would say yes,  but if you received rebellous or deeponion airdrop I would advise to hold them.  Not all air drops are bad as not all airdrops are good. 
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:08:48 AM

I didn't sell any of the airdropped coins yet, due to laziness more that anything else. Shitcoins soon drop, but with other ones I have later experienced some nice surprise. You have to evaluate it there is a project behing the airdrop or if the only project is some quick bucks for the devs.
Usui-Chan

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:12:27 AM

Once you have received your airdrop tokens and it is still not registered on exhange platforms yet, try to research about them and see if it has something that can make it click on the future. Some coins are like that but most of them are shitcoins anyway so dump them immediately, you literally did almost nothing to get them though.
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:17:07 AM

Most of airdropped coins is a shit coins, the price of which dumped to 0. So, no need to hold it.
The best airdrop is xnn token. I hold now and worth more than 100 USD. I don' t do anything to get the token. I had balance in my eth wallet and earn the token. That is airdrop. I shouldn't registger any social media. When I do social media activity it s not airdrop but bounty.
midvoc

Activity: 167

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:30:34 AM

right here is an example - a personal one - Rebellious airdrop gave out about 3-4k in tokens. The token was listed on Bit Z exchange and skyrocketed. I could have sold my 3k stack for 1.25 ETH but I held because I didn't know what the price would do - I eventually cashed out for 0.35 ETH after a massive price crash and dump.

I do not know what the price might be in the future but right now I know that I missed out on 1.25 ETH which is shit lol.
novocaine

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:36:21 AM

i think this year will be a lot interesting in this field, just be positive on the choosing of the project u would to support, there are always scams out of here
think for first at security development of the ICO that would be sustainable for a future and not only for a pump and dump.
sanbashiyi
Legendary

Activity: 895
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:39:48 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2018, 04:59:48 PM by sanbashiyi

It is upto you. But i would suggest sell your airdropped tokens at the first decent price range it reaches. So many people get these free tokens and are always ready to dump it which usually kills such tokens beyond recovery. So, it is always better to sell your tokens in the starting when there is some buzz. I hardly have seen any airdropped token with potential. So, there is no fun in hodling such tokens in long term perspective.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: