Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 03:26:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them?  (Read 2904 times)
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 08:44:01 AM

It depends on the token and its value.
If you believe it is a good project then you would better give a try buying the dips and selling when the price is higher.
If you think it is not, then sell them as quick as possible. Unfortunately, many of them have no value at all. Make some research before you decide, read the webpage and the white paper.
You will detect the difference in a rushed written text.
Muruga

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:07:10 AM

In my opinion, it is necessary to carefully analyze the airdrop project, determine its strengths and decide whether the project will provide a quality product.
Proceeding from this, it is necessary to decide immediately to sell the airdrop or to hold it.
Sometimes holding the airdrop for 3-4 months you can get a profit of 5 times more.
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:17:02 AM

It is an airdrop coin so meaning you just registered and it only took like 2-3mins for you to join so what I do suggest hold it until the price went up. I just want to share to you something, I had like airdrop coins wherein I sold them for a good price but after a month or two it pumped and I regret it. Here are some of it: BTCRED, BlUE. I also recommend to make a target price then once you hit it sell it and never look back Smiley
shakhana

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:37:07 AM

you have to know that project resolve which problem, what is their plan in future. If they have a sight future, let hold it to die, if that project is a big joke in cryptosphere, let try to sell their tokens/coins soon as soon to save your profit.
squallkomang

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:42:31 AM

I suggest you to hold every airdropped tokens for at least 3 months ... you'll never know that some of them could make you rich..
I regret sell my 2000 ECASH dan 65 HAT for a penny, I could've been $3000 richer...
makuhpal

Activity: 256

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:47:08 AM

If the airdrop isnt from unknown developer teams,well its better to hold it until it reached some good value,legit airdrops mostly are the only drops that worth to participate most of other free drops are either a scam or a waste of your time.

Dyn@styN3rd

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:50:53 AM

I prefer to hodl for a few months and probably sell them so that I could buy other altcoins. There's an airdrop I received probably more than a month ago with a value of only $10 for more or less 700 tokens but I noticed that its price sky rocketed to $40 so I guess it is making some improvements. Probably if it reaches $100 I'd sell them.
nox138

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:20:09 AM

Don't sell. It's just a beginning.
D-Fault

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:52:08 AM

It depends on the coins you recieved. Mostly you better hold them to rise more money but sometimes it's better to sell them if the price is falling and not going to rise in future. I saw some examples of that when the coins been sold right after the drop and that was a wise decision.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 08:14:47 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

It depends usually you receive only a small amount of tokens from airdrops but by some chances sometimes they randomly gives participants more tokens but most airdrop token values are low by the time you receive them and with only a small amount to sell I suggest that you just hold them for the time being until their value grows more.

breeze170

Activity: 186

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:40:39 AM

Its better to hold onto your coins when markets are red. But if everything goes green and fine and if you feel like you reach your target you can dump the coins. Profits are tasty. I generally dislike airdrops.

beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:01:31 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 07:21:14 AM by beej

Maybe you should sell a portion of your airdrop tokens but leave some and hold
just to see if it might turn out well later on. If it does perform well in the market, it
might be good profit for you. Try to monitor and see how it progresses. If you got
involved with a really good project, that token might go green and you'll end up
satisfactorily well. But be aware for it involves risks, so that decision entirely rest
up to you.
brelok777

Activity: 160

Decentralizing Wealth Building Investment Opportu

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:08:23 AM

I think that you need to keep coins for at least a year. During this time, the price usually grows. If the coin is a slag, then it costs both now and in a year will cost (nothing special). But the normal coins can grow quite a lot in the price for this year.

KingKrypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:09:31 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

Whatever coin you have, no matter if it was bought or airdropped, hold it TIGHT! All the coins are going to go up with the market cap, of that you can be sure!
brainitterem

Activity: 192

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:10:20 AM

All depends on each token, you need to investigate company,team,roadmap and perspective . If project is low shit then sell it once you got tokens, if its perspective then you hold them.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:13:29 AM

generally yes, you should dump them quickly as soon as you receive them.

you said you already have tokens from the airdrops you claimed so you can just check their performance and see how much money you lost and how much money you earned by holding!
but generally speaking most people dump their coins when they receive them, and that means price will drop no matter what that token is. which means the faster you dump the more profit you gain.

not to mention most of these airdrops are useless projects that will drop hard in the future anyways, which makes holding them a big mistake.

if you believe in a project's future then you can buy after the dump inside the dip. in other words you receive your token, dump them fast then wait for the dumping to slow down or stop and then buy back what you sold and wait for the rise.
i support you for that mate,i have lots of experience from those shit airdrops and biunties.that rhe token is just like a joke.instantly has a value and in a couple or hours it disappears.so better once the token gets enough value dump it fast before you lose a chance and wait for another 10 years hoping it woukd have another value again
KeikoKitagawa18

Activity: 364

World Family Coin

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:22:32 AM

My advice for you, just sell your airdrop as soon as possible.
Because my experience in airdrop never ends well, the longer I wait the more people get the airdrop from round 2,3 or 4.

●   Space Knight   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  WFC  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  Donations Platform  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
hndrk10

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

Sharpay - Share Button with Blockchain Profit

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 09:28:23 AM

Hello,

I have airdropped coins and I won't sell! I believe that someday it will gain value! I don't want to regret making a bad move later on.

Share Button With Blockchain Profit    ●   SHARPAY.io   ●   Globally Top 1 Active ICO on ICObench
██████████████             TOKEN SALE BONUS 40%   BUY NOW  ◄             ██████████████
ANN THREAD      TELEGRAM      FACEBOOK      TWITTER      MEDIUM      REDDIT      WHITEPAPER
KaithlynJaez

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 09:37:28 AM

Maybe you should look out about the token's project. If you find the project seems potentially promising and have a team that is trustworthy, maybe you can hodl the token from their airdropped. It will surely be a profitable one someday.
Maian

Activity: 257

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:40:43 AM

Most of airdropped coins is a shit coins, the price of which dumped to 0. So, no need to hold it.
Yes most of it is not valueable so if you hold airdropped that is useless.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: