Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:35:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them?  (Read 2904 times)
youok

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:05:52 AM

most of coins from airdrop are shitcoin . i prefer to sell that coins fastly when i receive it. this is a way to get profit. if i hold that coin long term, iam worried the price of that coin will be zero. it is just my opinion friend.  Grin

xiaoxz

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:25:55 AM

Unless you have a serious understanding of the potential of the project, most people will sell it immediately after receiving the airdrop. However, since it is free, even if the price of the coin is zero, it is not a pity. Some of the airdrop coins have a high price in a few years. Grin
Mzai620

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:49:08 AM

Guys, can you share with your statistics of air drops? If it is possible, can you provide numbers? How much did you get from air drops (in USD for example) ? Which air drops?
I have never taken a part in air drop campaigns, so I want to know if it is worthy to join such campaigns and to spend time on it. As I see there are lots of topics about such coins that is why I become interested in them so much. The main thing I know according to your posts is that you do not need to hold such coins, it is better to sell them instantly. Am I right?
Thank you in advance
Lizzie_Girl

Activity: 332
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:30:59 AM

One of my airdrop tokens have raisen more then 500% after 3 month...so,it' difficult question...

I really think it is better to wait. Sometimes you get paid and forget and are pleasantly surprised with a good return. This happens most of the time within months after receiving the tokens. I don't sell when I first receive them if it is not much money or I believe it can become more valuable.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:35:11 AM

If it isn't really worth anything it doesn't hurt to just hold on to them.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:35:49 AM

most of coins from airdrop are shitcoin . i prefer to sell that coins fastly when i receive it. this is a way to get profit. if i hold that coin long term, iam worried the price of that coin will be zero. it is just my opinion friend.  Grin

But sometimes most airdrop coin can be boom in the market I have a lot of airdrop coin and I dont want to sell them all because the price now are so cheap waiting for some big pump up or new exchange site.
Its better to read the project roadmap if you notice that the project developer are seriously to improve there project its better to hold your coin and waiting for some big event happen.
Genovese

Activity: 284
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:41:12 AM

One of my airdrop tokens have raisen more than 500% after 3 month...so,it' difficult question...

I really think it is better to wait. Sometimes you get paid and forget and are pleasantly surprised with a good return. This happens most of the time within months after receiving the tokens. I don't sell when I first receive them if it is not much money or I believe it can become more valuable.

I am also waiting to sell for a very simple set of reasons. First, I am lazy, and the few bucks of tens of bucks that I would get from an airdrop are not worth the effort to run to sell them on Ether Delta, which is a pain in the ass to use. Second: the real win you have when among 99& of airdropped shitcoins you happen to get also an unexpected gem which however will need time to grow its value. So, better wait.
BTW which is the token which you mention has risen more than 500% in 3 months?

antonio88s

Activity: 423
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:42:55 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

I think you can keep your token till the value increase becasue after distributions many people will sell their token and it will make the value down.
needfix24

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:58:55 AM

I must say, DYOR (Do Your Own Research) about the tokens that you are holding. Some of them are just shit coins. I've experience holding one of them before that I thought it is a legit project, sooner, the developer run away together with the money of its supporters. I feel bad that time. I didn't do research and just invest in it. I know now what to do. Thanks for that experienced.
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:12:07 AM

Often times, the airdropped tokens are just shitcoins which you should sell quickly. However, some airdropped tokens can be very precious. For example, MNE, TME, ELIX and so on. If you hold these coins, you will get more profit than selling them quickly. A good strategy is to wait these airdropped tokens to be listed on good exchanges like kucoin and sell them on these exchanges.

habaratbu

Activity: 174

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:26:32 AM

Thats what bounty hunters and investors normally do,as soon as they have the tokens they will dump it not knowing that it can give x100 or more in just holding these tokens in just months,if you want to earn big wait longer.

veraoktav127

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:43:16 AM

airdrop is a gift, if you have a chance to sell it should be selling because the price is not stable but if the optimist will get a good value in the future please hold

PHOENEX EXCHANGE                       
                               ● Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ●                               
TELEGRAMREDDITREDDITMEDIUMFACEBOOK   ◣WHITEPAPER   
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:44:07 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

I think you can keep your token till the value increase becasue after distributions many people will sell their token and it will make the value down.

This is always the scenario but after they dump it the investors are the one who's buying it and after they hold almost of the coins little by little they will try to pump it. I experienced this from my airdrop coins and I'm too disappointed when I see those coins that I sold pump and have a good value. And now I'm just holding some and just follow their updates and if there's a good news then it can possibly affect the price.

mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:48:11 AM

If you believe it is a good project or something you can keep but most of the time at the beginning you can earn some money with selling all
whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:51:07 AM

Hello,

Airdrops token once you received them sell it or if you decide to hold it then try to get more profit if you think that token will increase but it will take more time than trading or selling it once you received it.
modtakels

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:19:15 AM

If you want to maximize the profits you can gain with your airdropped tokens you should hold it for more months.

kkukkugaga

Activity: 238

Hello World!

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:14:21 AM

If you want to gain more profit you should hold it for months. But if you really need money, you can trade it but make sure that price value is high, so you win.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
SpearTackle

Activity: 153

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:13:30 PM

Hello,

I also experienced that tokens from airdrop and holding it for a long time is losing it’s value, I also don’t sell it quickly once I received it because I thought the price will increase. I realized that the token from airdrop are only one is promising out of ten, so today I will sell all my airdrop tokens even if it has a low value than hold it for too long to be shit coins.
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:34:08 AM

Ecash for example, increased its value a lot and at one time, it was worth like .80 USD per token. I tried to sell it in etherdelta but it was so slow, it would not let me sell. Then I tried to send it to yobit but it never arrived until the price was lower. Now that the price of it is low, I can sell it anywhere, lol.
We definitely need a decentralized exchange where you can sell ANY coin or token you have without permission or anything.
nguli

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:09:48 AM

Hello,

you should hold it until the price exceeds the ico price because you are very lucky to have the token without buying only from airdrop, so keep the tokens well until the price reaches more than $ 10.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: