Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:00:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them?  (Read 2904 times)
Gecko8

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:37:51 PM

I prefer to HODL my airdrops.  It only takes 1 big winner to put you on the moon.  I like the odds of 1 winner than selling hundreds of them at smaller gains. 

I agree with you. For me the same. In addition, I am actually also not joining every airdrop. Even it is often not an easy exercise to identify projects with potential, I try only to focus on those, where I did some research and figured out some kind of potential. Let's see, what 2018 will still bring. For tax reason it is also easier.
Sterben

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:41:51 PM

Well, once I got few thousand tokens of some shitcoin and sold it like a week after I got em. 1 month later the price jumped around twenty times XD. You can always do some research and speculate the price or if you are good at TA you can try this too. If you see no potential for the future of the coin then dump em, no need to hold in this situation.
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:35:24 AM

I belie this is down to some factors like personal strategy, the project etc.
For example; i got airdrop for Pareto, Poly and hydro tokens, I am definitely selling off hydro wen d price looks good because I font have confidence in their long term goals but poly & pareto are tokens I believe will do great things and I am happy to Hodl while taking profits occasionally.
Its down to personal strategy though but I will advice you make research,
Its not possible to get it %100 right but if you make your research you'll get it right more times than not.
I have heard about pareto being shilled. When was it airdropped? It must be the period when I stopped applying to airdrops, lol.
Serg22

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:03:39 AM

Almost always this happens when people get free coins, most sell them at once, the bulk of the coins do not have a great price. You have to study the coins that you have. Maybe you have coins that will bring you great profits worth just waiting for.
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:01:47 AM

This bitcoin white had great value, but it seems to be dropping of late, ever since it get into exchanges. Do you suppose I should sell once I see the high value or keep it more? The eBTC token had some high values but it is the highest value ever now.
freo01

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:06:47 AM

Well, it depends on the token you have. Some tokens are good for long term hold some are just for a short term hold. But as long as you think you have to dump a token don't hesitate because you might end up holding a trash in both hands Smiley
Birin016

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:12:47 AM

In my opinion its better if you sell it quickly because some airdrop tokens are sometimes instantly have no value, so if you have airdrop token sell it immediately. But some are good to hold because there's possible to grow it in 1-3 years, but its hard to predict if there's value after you get it. So i think if I have airdrop token I will sell it right away
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:23:10 AM

I agree with you guys. Not all airdrops are legit, and even if it's legit, there will be lots of them who will dump them for good. It's a hard lesson for me after all when I decide to go bullish in some coins or tokens that are just airdropped to me.

Most of the newbies and inexperienced cryptocurrency enthusiasts are just excited for "free money" that's all, and we can't control them. It's like a "hit and run" strategy for most of them.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
candy69

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:35:29 AM

Most of the airdrops are a scam, you should hold only good ones and sell the rest. Selling legit ones quickly wouldn't get you much, so it is better to hold them.
Suzukigsxr250

Activity: 250
Merit: 13

Dextrust.org #Defi

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:54:10 AM

You can do a research about them but most of airdrop coins are worthless.You can hodl some of the good project coins and sell the rest.

abduljakul

Activity: 16
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:54:17 AM

If your token has a good future holding would be the best but if you dont see improvements from holding these free airdrop tokens well you should dump it now,I personally dont believe thee tokens will have some future because most of them are from newbie developers who wants to spread the word to the cummunity that their project existing it is for the advertisement only better to join bounty campaigns because tokens from bounties has a lot of potential to grow.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:04:27 PM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

I think it is better to hold the airdrops that we had and wait until it reach a better value. I had an experience of holding bitcoin and had a great value after years of waiting patiently. Patience is really a virtue no matter what the situation is. I won't sell it at a low price, better wait and get better price.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:54:30 PM

These days, Airdop token will going nowhere. You can sell immediately if you want.
But if you want take a little risk, wait until it reached coinmarketcap, or big exchanges.
blankpaladin

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:55:59 PM

if you get your token early, just sell them quickly because if other sell the same tokens. The value of that token would dropping. Because of too many supply in the market.
tarangogu

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:01:31 PM

Airdrop coins are usually worthless. But when they list on the exchange they make pump. that's exactly  you should  sell it this time. nowdays etherdelta closed so you cant sell coins. Because airdrop coins list only in Etherdelta
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:12:18 PM

It's a bit tricky actually. Airdropped tokens or coins usually pumps just before CMC listing or during that. And usually dumps during development phase. It is up to you to decide if you want to sell or sold based on where the project is going. 
max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 04:03:08 PM

as collector gains of returns of notable value with the short symbol of numbers with the previous terms of work with evaluation,
collector might wants to read as more with the decision as qualifying use of release from the developer,
to gains of confirmation as might to put of option with the future calls to the table of exchange with the market.

Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:08:47 PM

In December you would have regretted to sell your airdrop tokens, they could do 10x their value. Now it's the opposite, most coins and tokens have dropped 75% to 99%. Not just airdropped tokens, but also ICO tokens and altcoins.

Nivelir

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:11:32 PM

Of course it's better to leave your tokens in your wallet. While the project of this token does not begin to work on itself. Very much depends on the developers, because today this is the way the project is getting more expensive.
Raymondavid47

Activity: 546
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:20:12 PM

You can sell your airdropped token if you feel that the token does not have a future. And you can hodl when you see that the admins are active, the telegram group is active, the token as a purpose and you see growth and development in the project.!!
Some airdrops can actually make you Rich if you HODL
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: