Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:24:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin should be at $13,500 ?  (Read 6779 times)
semaforo

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:47:42 AM

Its a market in its nascent stages, complexity is to be expected. Do you think WU was easy when they were still using the pony express? Give it 24 months once regulatory issues have been resolved competition will increase, complexity and costs will decrease and WU will be left in the dust.

WU could adapt and adjust, using bitcoin as their means of transfer.

If WU starts using bitcoin, then I can finally become a professional philanthropist.

I rejected email in 1994. You mean I have to get a computer, learn how to use it, wrap my brain around concepts like "software," figure out how modems work, make a contract with an ISP, and then call tech support any time there's a problem? Why would I go through this ridiculously complicated process when I can just buy some stamps and put a letter in the post box?

People still write letters today. I'm a bear on email. It's just a matter of time before someone hacks email or the government shuts it down because of all the criminals writing emails. Then we will all go back to letters and the beauty of receiving personal handwritten messages.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HappyBitCoinUser

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:07:41 AM

Stop with BTC $1k - $1M cause its retarded and unrealistic. Its not even speculation, its trolling.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:14:08 AM

Stop with BTC $1k - $1M cause its retarded and unrealistic. Its not even speculation, its trolling.

It is realistic. Honestly only $1k on the lower part of the spectrum is even pushing it because that is really low.
Notanon

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:19:01 AM

No improved and simpler method of converting fiat to btc and back, such that the local village idiot can do so easily without getting confused, will mean that the price will just stagnate or decline at worst. Address this and the price will go back up, simple as that. Considering the number of alternative currencies springing up, which some people are naively or arrogantly ignoring, this makes a simple fiat conversion system that will give MtGox and co a run for their money even more critical.

BTC should be what Ripple is, a medium for buying things that allows some degree of privacy and can bypass ludicrous credit card and merchant fees, not an overspeculated pseudoasset like some people treat it to be.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:46:02 PM

No improved and simpler method of converting fiat to btc and back, such that the local village idiot can do so easily without getting confused, will mean that the price will just stagnate or decline at worst. Address this and the price will go back up, simple as that. Considering the number of alternative currencies springing up, which some people are naively or arrogantly ignoring, this makes a simple fiat conversion system that will give MtGox and co a run for their money even more critical.

BTC should be what Ripple is, a medium for buying things that allows some degree of privacy and can bypass ludicrous credit card and merchant fees, not an overspeculated pseudoasset like some people treat it to be.

No, converting fiat is only the currently most prevalent way of acquiring Bitcoins. Soon*, the most prevalent method will instead change to real economic interaction.

* No clue what 'soon' is here though Smiley
semaforo

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:17:04 PM

It is impossible to think that bitcoin growth will be steady rather than exponential. For the growth not to be exponential, every person who finds out about bitcoin would have to tell only one person about it. Bitcoin's growth cannot help but accelerate.

100k value for bitcoin sounds as absurd now as the earth being round when you can clearly see it's flat, or the earth rotating around the sun  when you can clearly feel that the earth is still and the sun moves in the sky above sounded at other times in history.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:25:30 PM

It is impossible to think that bitcoin growth will be steady rather than exponential. For the growth not to be exponential, every person who finds out about bitcoin would have to tell only one person about it. Bitcoin's growth cannot help but accelerate.

100k value for bitcoin sounds as absurd now as the earth being round when you can clearly see it's flat, or the earth rotating around the sun  when you can clearly feel that the earth is still and the sun moves in the sky above sounded at other times in history.
+1 :-) lol
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:11:58 PM

I like the way you think.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:13:33 PM

Bitcoins are coming down, and the clones (alt coins) will go up.

There is no limited supply of 'bitcoins' and all it takes is copy and paste, and can create lots of coins.

you mad bro ?

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:45:35 PM

100k value for bitcoin sounds as absurd now as the earth being round when you can clearly see it's flat, or the earth rotating around the sun  when you can clearly feel that the earth is still and the sun moves in the sky above sounded at other times in history.

+100
 Grin Grin Grin

However, money has a strange character: Without money nothing can be done, but with only one type of money anything can be done, unless the merchant exclusively require bitcoin payment (just like EU merchants only accepting €), people do not have the motivation to exchange to bitcoin and spend (due to added complexitiy in exchange process), it will take some time for a bitcoin-only economy to build up

But I think this will happen eventually, sooner or later some producer with excessive amount of cash flow and some investment in bitcoin will provide bitcoin-only sale for part of their product line, and that will create a miracle in business history: The more you sell, the more valuable your income will become, and this will create a snowball effect and more and more merchant will join the bitcoin-only sale party

jhansen858

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:28:29 AM

it has lots of great properties — negligible transaction fees (...)

Bullshit.
My credit card is free of charge for me (as a customer), I don't give a shit if the merchant have to pay an American company for providing this service. But I know, and I care, that everywhere in the country I can use it, without paying any fee. Bitcoins fees are way too high.

Except you don't realize there is a hidden tax.  Merchants pay up to 3%-4% for each transaction.  You think they just eat that cost and pass 0% of it on to you in the form of higher prices?

Sorry to burst the bubble but what you said is simply not correct.

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
suryc

Activity: 298

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 03:27:48 AM

it has lots of great properties — negligible transaction fees (...)

Bullshit.
My credit card is free of charge for me (as a customer), I don't give a shit if the merchant have to pay an American company for providing this service. But I know, and I care, that everywhere in the country I can use it, without paying any fee. Bitcoins fees are way too high.

Except you don't realize there is a hidden tax.  Merchants pay up to 3%-4% for each transaction.  You think they just eat that cost and pass 0% of it on to you in the form of higher prices?

Sorry to burst the bubble but what you said is simply not correct.

I completely agree with your sentiment and I already tried to explain that to him. He doesn't want to understand.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:30:42 AM

My balls should be at 5 billion US$ each!

There are 22 million Bitcoin, but there are only two of my balls -> so very rare thing.

Geez, people! 13,500? Seriously?

As long as I can't pay for a Cheeseburger with Bitcoins it's value is pure speculation.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
painlord2k

Activity: 453
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:53:48 PM

As long as I can't pay for a Cheeseburger with Bitcoins it's value is pure speculation.

It was not "until I can pay my pizza, it is just speculation".
http://foodly.com/
http://pizzaforcoins.com/

Or was "until I can pay my bills"?
http://billpayforcoins.com/index.php

ShroomsKit

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:57:00 PM

Bitcoins are coming down, and the clones (alt coins) will go up.

There is no limited supply of 'bitcoins' and all it takes is copy and paste, and can create lots of coins.

So how many million Bitcoins do you have?

Its price is not a very relevant factor in its adoption....
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:43:41 PM

My balls should be at 5 billion US$ each!

There are 22 million Bitcoin, but there are only two of my balls -> so very rare thing.

Geez, people! 13,500? Seriously?

But (1) it isn't easy to transfer your balls quickly and cheaply, (2) your balls are easily forgeable (I cannot tell the difference with someone else's balls) and (3) it's hard to divide your balls up indefinitely and still be able to tell those are pieces of your balls.

Bitcoins does all of these (and PM accomplishes them better than your balls, though rather imperfect).
flavius

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

welcome to riches

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:50:42 PM

you know, I can't say much for bitcoin at it's current time, but I think I'll go ahead and put 10-50 coins on a drive and put it in storage, then not check the price of bitcoin for 20 years.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:52:19 PM

you know, I can't say much for bitcoin at it's current time, but I think I'll go ahead and put 10-50 coins on a drive and put it in storage, then not check the price of bitcoin for 20 years.

Good lad.
neilol

Activity: 302

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:30:51 PM

Its a market in its nascent stages, complexity is to be expected. Do you think WU was easy when they were still using the pony express? Give it 24 months once regulatory issues have been resolved competition will increase, complexity and costs will decrease and WU will be left in the dust.

WU could adapt and adjust, using bitcoin as their means of transfer.

If WU starts using bitcoin, then I can finally become a professional philanthropist.

I rejected email in 1994. You mean I have to get a computer, learn how to use it, wrap my brain around concepts like "software," figure out how modems work, make a contract with an ISP, and then call tech support any time there's a problem? Why would I go through this ridiculously complicated process when I can just buy some stamps and put a letter in the post box?

People still write letters today. I'm a bear on email. It's just a matter of time before someone hacks email or the government shuts it down because of all the criminals writing emails. Then we will all go back to letters and the beauty of receiving personal handwritten messages.

This is gold

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:37:01 AM

I personally feel that all threads along the lines of 'bitcoin going to $10k' or 'bitcoins worth $1M' do more harm than good to bitcoin's reputation.  While speculation is fun there are two factors at play: No one can predict the future value of bitcoins with any certainty, and outsiders reading this forum may form the idea that bitcoin is just one huge get-rich-quick scheme full of people sitting and waiting to become millionaires. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: