Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:54:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If people stop buying bitcoin  (Read 7153 times)
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:03:22 PM

What will happen if people just stop buying bitcoin? Will bitcoin be as usable as now Or will it be a step towards the end?

How will the market value react to it, people wanting to sell bitcoin but there is no one to buy.

Bitcoin's price became high because it is populated and used by a big group if people. Marketing, trading, selling up to investing. If people stop buying bitcoin, then bitcoin's price will be decreased into the lowest digit. It will be useless if operation of bitcoin will stop.

This is true, because if no one uses bitcoin anymore the price will be gone, but i don't think people are going to stop buying bitcoin because they see something in it. This just doesn't seem right at all.

Why should they do that ? They want to earn money so they buy bitcoin. Its like saying are people going to stop buying games. LOL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hasbro27

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:10:30 PM

if people stop buying bitcoin then bitcoin prices will go down, but I think it will not happen today because today more people are buying and holding their bitcoin than selling bitcoins.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 07:31:31 PM

Well, if no one is willing to buy Bitcoin (or any other thing) then it will follow the rule of demand and supply which would result in fall of price but since the law says that,

Demand > Supply = Price rise
Demand < Supply = Price fall
Demand = Supply = No change

However, this is a theoretically answer and practically it is impossible to happen. If you are not buying it then the price will fall and then someone waiting for the dip would buy it.
ceedtime

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:33:16 PM

What will happen if people just stop buying bitcoin? Will bitcoin be as usable as now Or will it be a step towards the end?

How will the market value react to it, people wanting to sell bitcoin but there is no one to buy.

People don't stop buying it then it's not logical to discuss this thing here.

If they stop buying bitcoin, the price affected very very negatively as you can guess and we see huge drops.
LennyKo

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:34:48 PM

If they stop buying bitcoin they will buy something else. Other cryptocurrency. This process is unstoppable, it will proceed, with or without bitcoin.
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:38:53 PM

Bitcoin's price became high because it is populated and used by a big group if people. Marketing, trading, selling up to investing. If people stop buying bitcoin, then bitcoin's price will be decreased into the lowest digit. It will be useless if operation of bitcoin will stop.

This is true, because if no one uses bitcoin anymore the price will be gone, but i don't think people are going to stop buying bitcoin because they see something in it. This just doesn't seem right at all.

Why should they do that ? They want to earn money so they buy bitcoin. Its like saying are people going to stop buying games. LOL
If that would be happen people stop buying bitcoin ,so bitcoin is useless because there is no transactions can be happened anymore in bitcoin and it will vanish in the map of crypto world. But this topic is considered as a rumor because we noticed now that bitcoin is continuous rising. So that's mean many people engaged of it who invest ang buying bitcoin.
Tobias-CrowdDrive

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:07:29 PM

If people stop buying the price will fall. If there is still an active use of Bitcoin I think then the price will be stable.
Alliase

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:13:03 PM

At the moment I do not see the reasons why people can refuse bitcoins. The system has proven its reliability.

Ventureum – Milestone-Driven
Community-Governed Crowdfunding Protocol  |  Twitter  |  Facebook
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:50:37 PM

There are different reasons on why people will stop buying bitcoin. Maybe BTC money is getting low or etc.
Perhaps when it comes to noobs. If we look at the majority of the people here with a decent functioning brain, they see a lower price as a major incentive to start accumulating. I have never done anything else than accumulating at the time the market tanks.

If the demand is getting lower, the bitcoin may end its' journey but I think this will never happen because every day, more people are joining here in bitcoin.
There is nothing wrong with a decreasing demand. It happens in basically each and every established market - there will always be periods of higher and lower demand, but that doesn't mean it's the "end" of a certain market. Bitcoin has gone through certain periods of time where the overall demand has decreased, where after that the market stagnated for quite a while. Did it harm Bitcoin? No. Just look at the exchange rate today. Difference with traditional (developed) markets is that they take years to recover from certain economical events that may lead to lower overall demand, where the crypto market moves over it in a matter of months, or even weeks.
abderrazak belkhir

Activity: 1096
Merit: 167

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:59:12 PM

I think that the bitcoin is the devis of the nexts generations so don't worry about that
Dewi08

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:02:29 PM

If that would be happen people stop buying bitcoin ,so bitcoin is useless because there is no transactions can be happened anymore in bitcoin and it will vanish in the map of crypto world. But this topic is considered as a rumor because we noticed now that bitcoin is continuous rising. So that's mean many people engaged of it who invest ang buying bitcoin.

I think it's very unlikely people will stop buying bitcoin, for reasons that make no sense, in fact we can see around the world many countries buy bitcoin even though current prices are already expensive, but if they buy at the moment, nothing it is unlikely that in the next year bitcoin will continue to increase and they will get to a bigger profit, than they previously bought bitcoin at current prices ..
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2086

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:21:44 AM

How is it possible I don't think so people will stop buying when they are making good profit from bitcoin. Why would they stop buying. People will stop buying only when bitcoin is no longer profit making coin but till today nobody can say they bear loss while holding bitcoin, whomsoever hold it always made good profit from it and your thoughts are just like you are lost in dreams.

sugihe

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:51:40 AM

you can't just ask these "what if" questions without putting a little thought into it!
for example why would every single person involved with bitcoin decide "at the same time" to not buy bitcoin anymore at any price?
Its seem that will not be happen. I believe in bitcoin will just exist longer than i think.
But if it could happen, thats the last of bitcoin.
Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:21:34 AM

I say WHY ?It's impossible.Because people can understood,Bitcoin is a Business class cryptocurrency.At present it's need.You may have seen how Bitcoin is growing now.So when people think that bitcoin make me profitable then why i will be stop buying bitcoin?
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:37:41 AM

The value you are talking about must be 8 decimals and we still hold a value where fee is reduced back to where it was.
Selling still is not a problem and I think that after the rise comes (as expected), we will surely see some better adjustments to the fee structure as well as transactions sizes accordingly with the demand being taken into consideration. Don't worry, because this has gone global and I don't see any reason as to why anyone would stop using something, they know that could give them greater returns in near future. Bitcoin is not going anywhere, at least not for a few decades.
Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:43:00 AM

Do you already know about bitcoin supply and demand? If you already know this is should not be asked.
Well, I'll assume you don't know yet. Let's say Bitcoin is an expensive wine (it would make you easy understand):

- Excessive stock, little demand = the price will be cheap

- Rare stock, much demand = the price will be expensive

- Excessive stock, no demand = the price becomes 0, and the seller will go bankrupt

- Stock 0, much demand (this is stupid thing Cheesy)= price becomes 0, no one goes bankrupt
Rahul20

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:08:00 AM

I think that is impossible since bitcoin is surviving a lot of years now and even it dumps, people will be taking advantage of that dump and use that to earn a good profit.How will the market value react to it, people wanting to sell bitcoin but there is no one to buy. You couldn't just make them stop buying even if Bitcoin was known to have a fatal flaw or started to be replaced by something else, better.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:17:01 PM

You must know bitcoin can survive because there are still many people who believe and still to using bitcoin. If nobody later buys automatic bitcoin the longer this coin will disappear from circulation.
People are using bitcoin and are welcoming it warmly because once a person enjoys the miracles of bitcoin they get obsessed with it, So, it is the currency which is long lasting and will replace the regular currencies in future because it is easy to invest and is providing good ways to earn money and is quick and easy to use.

It is providing comfort and multiple benefits which is very overwhelming. And it is the reason that people will not stop buying bitcoin.
kaloloy

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:23:37 PM

there's no point people would stop buying Bitcoin with current value. Investors are keeping their Bitcoin to hope that after sometime or even a year they'll double or triple their profits.
If ver somehow people would stop buying Bitcoin maybe that time there's certain issues of Bitcoin or the network nodes or attacks that affects Bitcoin stability and integrity.
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:31:27 PM

It can not happen, and don't fantasize,Bitcoin is getting popular, it will never fall I'm sure of it.Instead of asking such questions,Better to buy as much bitcoin as possible because the price will go crazy.

I do not think so. Bitcoins have grown up and people have noticed that you can get rich by this. They buy, sell and sell. This is the market. Only fools do not want to get rich in such a simple way.

Yeah now the bitcoin is getting more and more famous and people will buy more instead of leaving to buy the bitcoin. I hope the bitcoin will be the world’s most popular currency of the world, in the coming days the bitcoin will help all the people to use the bitcoin and the bright future is the dream of all the people which is going to make the whole world safe and secure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: