Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:12:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If people stop buying bitcoin  (Read 7153 times)
Jombitt

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:14:27 PM

What will happen if people just stop buying bitcoin? Will bitcoin be as usable as now Or will it be a step towards the end?

How will the market value react to it, people wanting to sell bitcoin but there is no one to buy.

Your what if is contradict to the reality dude, more investor are coming day by day and being confident to buy bitcoin. It will be almost impossible to happen that no one will buy bitcoin, maybe in a shitcoins it will happen but never in btc. Bitcoin is already established in its own way.

SirLegendary

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:38:34 PM

It is unreal. As we know — bitcoin and other altcoins price depend on popularity and trading volume. So, if we suppose that volume will dump — we would see as enthusiasm and speculators start buying BTC at a low price, so the volume would increase and everything will be normal.

BTC will live and prosper while all countries goverment won't make it illegal and start to spread its holders.
Fatemablabla

Activity: 546
Merit: 180

I'm Matured Now

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 07:02:44 PM

They wont stop.cz the price is rising.so people are finding it a way more interesting.you will get the profit for sure so no one would stop buying
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:57:42 PM

What will happen if people just stop buying bitcoin? Will bitcoin be as usable as now Or will it be a step towards the end?

How will the market value react to it, people wanting to sell bitcoin but there is no one to buy.

From the OP, there is no actual reason why there should be no more buyers of bitcoin, it's pointless. There will always be buyers and sellers, and that is what will keep the market going. Everyone can't just wake up one morning and say I won't buy bitcoin again, this might happen to one person, not everybody.

If that should happen, the price will be stagnant, cause there is no demand and no supply(ier).
JohnHero

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:00:04 PM

The answer is simple, supply and demand. There is no demand, price goes down, there is no supply, price goes up. You your case, price goes down!
Astermony

Activity: 373

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:07:48 PM

That is an obvious question, there will be less demand, so was the price. I think that is impossible since bitcoin is surviving a lot of years now and even it dumps, people will be taking advantage of that dump and use that to earn a good profit.

That's true. Now that bitcoin already known to people, I don't think they will completely stop buying bitcoin. Maybe some will stop for a while but will come back again after few days or a week. There's a less possibility that all the people around the world will stop buying bitcoin at the same time. There are really times that some people will stop buying bitcoin, but never did happen that all of them stopped. It is really impossible to stop buying it at the same time.
expless

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:32:49 PM

i don,t think about it.but  if people  stop buying so btc never end.i believe all people with together bitcoin buying never stop because many country bitcoin already legal.   
It can't happen because people are over whelmed with bitcoin, they know it will that bitcoin has better plans for its investors and will make them the rich of future in very short time, they are getting obsessed with bitcoin, and are trying to collect more bitcoin for the future. It is helping in reducing unemployment to some extent and helping in meeting the financial needs easily even if the person is not having a regular job.
stevanprice

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:52:31 PM

If people stop buying bitcoins ,,,, the same question is unwarranted, as if people stopped buying basic necessities. So in this case it can not be said that everyone will stop, because no one in this world has the same point of view or judgment, but everyone has their own strategies and ways to suit their needs.
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:11:25 PM

If people stop buying bitcoin, then i guess they are holding it as much as they can. Buying bitcoin can take a lot of money because of its price but the profit you can receive from it will also be high which you can use in investments. They can also still mine bitcoin if they dont want to buy it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:17:53 PM

If people stopped buying bitcoin, i guess they are holding it in some way that the value of bitcoin would go higher. The value of bitcoin has reached 8K USD and we can say that it is a way of holding them. People can also mine bitcoin and that is a good way to own bitcoin.
shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:22:56 PM

Just review again a little of school's lesson.
In economy, we need a supply and demand. And of course, if people stop buying bitcoin, the supply will be bigger than demand, and it means that the price will drop because it's not valuable again.
Now, many people want to buy bitcoin. The demand is high that's why the price keeps increasing. If no one want to buy it again, then it"s true that bitcoin is coming to an end.

micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:22:59 PM

Simply because most people believe that the value of bitcoin should be higher than this so.  If there is a big dip, expect more investor to get their hands on to get price back up and reach a new ATH.  the people that dump it will buy it back at a higher price, this always happen lol
If people will continue their perspective to bitcoin in terms of its future a head in time in terms of its price value and system, it could result for a better form or better growth of Bitcoin because we all know that Bitcoin development is dependent on the support of people who continuously support bitcoin as a form of currency in transaction and investments.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:27:49 PM

If no one wants to buy Bitcoins, then the price will drop. No buyers means no demand for it and the supply will be greater than demand (because there would be no demand).

Theoretically this could happen but there would have to be some major problem with Bitcoin such as huge fees. At this point I think Bitcoin is established enough to avoid a problem with demand.
Perunex

Activity: 546
Merit: 111

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:31:54 PM

This question is quite stupid actually. In free market, there are not cases of not buying the a commodity/currency etc. The demand itself can decrease to eventually 0, however its not the case of "stop buying".

(Almost) everything just has a price, which is driven by demand and supply. The concept (of supply, demand) is in general a bit abstract, however in practice it's not that hard to imagine. Etherdelta exchange is maybe a good example: Sellers are posting selling offers (quantity and their price) and buyers are posting buying orders (quantity and their price). When the price is the same; the transactions happens. The "market" price is than always something in between.

The point is that, there will always be these buying order which prices will decline (if something goes wrong). Until they disappear and everything goes to shit. Smiley

╔═══[   ICO   ]═════| ▌    FABA invest    ▐ |═════[   AIRDROP   ]═══╗
⚫    POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING    ⚫
Whitepaper     Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium     Reddit     ANN Thread
Wulanayu

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:34:17 PM

If people stop buying bitcoin, it may be called ahir from bitcoin.
But now bitcoin has become a particular need, so it is very impossible bitcoin no one who buys even though the higher the price, especially now that bitcoin in various parts of the world can be directly for the means of payment, see existensy bitcoin is now increasingly known as the eye modern digital money. so you do not have to worry about bitcoin will be extinct.

rajuahmed763

Activity: 456

🔥 Ultimate Launchpad on TON 🔥

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:56:03 PM

If people stopped buying bitcoin, i guess they are holding it in some way that the value of bitcoin would go higher. The value of bitcoin has reached 8K USD and we can say that it is a way of holding them. People can also mine bitcoin and that is a good way to own bitcoin.
That's exactly what the mind said. If people reduce buying Bitcoin, then its value will be higher. However, trading in this case is very big.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
oyoW9Pie8oh

Activity: 162

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:18:50 PM

if we all stop buying bitcoin  demand will end that may crash bitcoin fast
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:26:37 PM

I think if all people stop buying bitcoin I guess it has negative effect in bitcoin community and bitcoin industry. In addition to that, if they stop buying bitcoin the price of bitcoin will dropped to $0 and I think it will be die and I hope it would not happen because this is thing that helps me to gain income.
Fasunathan

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:33:22 PM

We are not praying for such thing to happen but if it happens there will be a fall in price because it is the level of demand that always propel the price.

You are indeed right. I think the chance of the topic that someone started to talk about is not too big. People will not completely stop buying bitcoin because they already knew how good it is to have bitcoin. I don't think they will feel the urge of not buying bitcoin now that they see their profit of bitcoin increasing.
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:38:58 PM

It's simply the price per bitcoin will stop. It will not fall or go up again.
The only way bitcoin price can go down is if everyone start selling bitcoin their bitcoin.
Which will not be happen by a long shot. Grin

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: