Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:27:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin actually just a Investment coin?  (Read 3147 times)
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 03:47:14 AM

From what I can see now, bitcoin is becoming a store of value or investment coin because it is expensive to use it as a currency. Instead of a product being cheap, you would end up paying higher because of the fees so you would prefer to use it as fiat. It is also not advisable to make it as payment option yet because of the volatility of its price. You may not be affected by this if you are using bitcoin all through out your business like when you buy from supplier with bitcoin and sell with bitcoin too then you can properly account your profit but if you convert to fiat then there would be a problem and since only few businesses recognize payment option now then you have no choice but to convert to fiat which you may end up in a loss if bitcoin price goes down.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:56:45 AM

No, for me bitcoin play a major role in my life especially now it gives so much income for me that I use to finance a lot of my expenses. Bitcoin is my helping hand it's an asset good as cash always available for use though the best way to use bitcoin wisely is thru a long term investment but using them anytime will make no harm. Many people here was able to change their way of living and became more stable financially because of bitcoin.

lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:13:50 AM

Bitcoin not just investment coin, bitcoin actually more have a value more than gold.
In some country already accepted bitcoin as a payment for online shop.
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:40:59 AM

I think the title says it all.

After a long time of thinking, reading and also investing a bit into Bitcoin I have to say that it looks for me that the main use is actually just pure Investment. It always looks like that everyone just talks about how great the Technology is although they secretly want to get super rich with a always raising price. Of course it's used with several shopping or daily things, but that's just such a small part of it.
During that, people who don't want to take the risk to invest call it a "Bubble" and people who don't want to lose their money just make kind of stupid speculations without any arguments.

In the end (just my opinion) the price of Bitcoin is controlled by all the media (that's hyping bitcoin and talking about it everywhere) and all the really big bitcoin whales with e.g. like 10000+ coins can actually effect the market the most. Imagine what a few people with a huge amount of bitcoins could work out together to control the market and making money.

It's just weird, because it turns this, what everyone calls it, great technology in the end just to a fully commercial object to earn money. Which would be probably also the reason why it stays and raises all the time, because it's normal that everyone wants to make a big amount of money with this little effort.

Let me know what you guys think and please don't give me this non argumented one liner like in all the other threads Wink
It's a yes and no. YES because you can actually use bitcoin as an investment. Most people think that when you invest in bitcoin, you'll always earn or at least profit. And that's the case for most of the time. Investors actually invest in bitcoin to earn, and they're a part of the reasons why bitcoin value changes in the course of time.

On the other hand, it can be NO because you can use bitcoin just like a cash. You can use it to buy things, to pay bills, and to pay services. The more bitcoins you have, the more money you actually have. You can even convert it to fiat, which is one advantage of using bitcoin.

The answer for this actually depends on how people see and use bitcoin. You can use it for investment purpose only, you can use it to buy goods, or it can be both.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:26:03 AM

Actually the main point of bitcoin being created is act as global currency that can be used by everyone, but because the price fluctuate very fast and the price keep on increasing, so a lot of people holding and using bitcoin as investment, and to be honest most of the people now is not using bitcoin as currency but they treat bitcoin as investment
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:32:20 AM

Bitcoin can be an investment coin and it can also be a medium of exchange of goods and service as Fiat is, but bitcoin users have made it appear as you have described because many just keep it accumulated for investment. I guess this is more like that because of its safety in cryptocurrency form and in the wallet instead of keeping it in bank to be easily monitored and noticed.
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:54:38 AM

Bitcoin was created as a new digital currency to be used as mode of payment, to transfer money, to make trading and more. But since bitcoin is not yet accepted by all business enterprises, it limits it uses. And people see that bitcoin can be a good investment to earn big amount of profit so they do it more often and nothing is wrong with that.
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:00:26 AM

The beauty of bitcoin is that it is many things all rolled up into one. It is an asset, others see it as an investment, for a lot of people, it is a cheap, fast and reliable way of sending funds across the world. You have to decide for yourself what it is to you.

Jessica2009

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:12:32 AM

We  are not completely having the knowledge of  Bitcoin investment. Even though bitcoin is a decentralized digital type of currency without no central authority to control we will naturally try not to take risk in losing what we have acquired but in other words it is also profitable to invest Bitcoins. Even though, due to some reasons or other, bitcoin is becoming familiar to lay-men ,and due to the increase in value more people are interested in bitcoin and the price is going up, we cannot be sure till how far will it reach;this can also come down we cannot predict it for the time being .This is my own concept it might be true or false idea.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:56:07 AM

I think you are completely wrong.

Had it been an investment coin only then countries like japan wouldn't have been adopting it as a means of payment and even on this forum there won't be posts like :-
' amazon is going to accept bitcoins '
' online site which accepts bitcoins ' etc.. Meaning the mentality of people is different for sure.. they want to use it as a fiat yet let it have its status as a cryptocurrency.

I think its evolving thus we shouldn't say anything about it right now because the future is yet to be seen so we can't be sure about anything.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:18:10 AM

It's like Investment and learn hold for a weeks or months and it's not scam if the price goes down bitcoin has a strong support amd a secured level of system.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:32:15 AM

Bitcoin is not just only an investment coin because bitcoin is a coin with a lot of benefits and features that every people can use if they know how to use the technology like computers and so on. Bitcoin have a lot of potential for the future and i think that if the people will just realize that then it will happen in a shorter period of time.
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:33:52 AM

For me, not at all, it is absolutely not just an investment asset. I try to fight this position as much as I can. For me Bitcoin is at the same time a libertarian philosophy I do appreciate a lot and a true currency, meant for daily payments for about anything. It can also be used for trading, gambling, investing, but do not mistake new adopters as these are just side use cases, not the main one !
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:13:15 AM

After a long time of thinking, reading and also investing a bit into Bitcoin I have to say that it looks for me that the main use is actually just pure Investment. It always looks like that everyone just talks about how great the Technology is although they secretly want to get super rich with a always raising price. Of course it's used with several shopping or daily things, but that's just such a small part of it.
During that, people who don't want to take the risk to invest call it a "Bubble" and people who don't want to lose their money just make kind of stupid speculations without any arguments.

In the end (just my opinion) the price of Bitcoin is controlled by all the media (that's hyping bitcoin and talking about it everywhere) and all the really big bitcoin whales with e.g. like 10000+ coins can actually effect the market the most. Imagine what a few people with a huge amount of bitcoins could work out together to control the market and making money.

It's just weird, because it turns this, what everyone calls it, great technology in the end just to a fully commercial object to earn money. Which would be probably also the reason why it stays and raises all the time, because it's normal that everyone wants to make a big amount of money with this little effort.

Let me know what you guys think and please don't give me this non argumented one liner like in all the other threads Wink
Well at first bitcoin was meant to be used as a currency, a payment method that will change the way we use money on the internet, a system that gives the power and control in the hands of the people who use it, but just like gold at first it was used as a currency but since it started getting popular and people started to mine it quickly and due to its limited supply, it became an asset a precocious thing that people race to get their hands on and save it, and this upped its price and became a type of investment.
nobody-

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 09:36:07 AM

Bitcoin is not just only an investment coin because bitcoin is a coin with a lot of benefits and features that every people can use if they know how to use the technology like computers and so on. Bitcoin have a lot of potential for the future and i think that if the people will just realize that then it will happen in a shorter period of time.
Yeah Bitcoin has an incredible technology behind it and it has a lot of uses and advantages but like what the OP said, it is becoming more of an investment. People are buying bitcoins just to make it as a form of investment. And not actually using it for what it really is used to.
BitPlace

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:47:54 AM

Just a clarification - buying Bitcoin to wait for the an increase just to sell it for profit is more trading than investing. Investing in bitcoin would be holding over the long term.

Yes, investing in bitcoin for a long time can make us rich. I think that this will be possible in a few years. And I do not understand those people who say that it's too late to invest in bitcoin

It is better to invest in bitcoin and keep it for a long time. But while you are keeping it, you also need to work to add more bitcoin to your savings wallet so the more you keep it and add some amount of bitcoin in it, the more you can gain from bitcoin. So don't doubt and invest in bitcoin now because it is not just an investment but it will truly helps you to become rich soon.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:58:06 AM

no its not. bitcoin is not just an investment coin because it can also be used on trading , selling, etc. therefore you cant say that it is only for investment. though most people are just using it as a primary source of investment because it is just better than any other forms of investment due to its high volatility that can make its value increase or decrease.
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:54:28 AM

yeah sorry, I actually mixed up two topics in this one: 1. Bitcoin is just a investment coin and 2. How the price is controlled.

Bitcoin is not just an investment coin/store of value, but also spender coin/medium of exchange, and speculator coin/get-rich-quick. Investment coin for those who truly understand the technology behind Bitcoin and its long-term potential. Spender coin for those who want to use a decentralized peer-to-peer payment system. Speculator coin for those who don't care much about the technology and are in for short-term profits/get-rich-quick.

Yeah, media and whales do have an influence on Bitcoin's price, but not controlled. It is free market, driven by supply/demand, utility/scarcity, and of course speculation.
Kennedymaster

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:11:10 AM

Yes actually it is also something for people who do not trust the bank and who do not want there to be a third person with their money people who want their money to be safe with them while it can make more money so investment and safety.
pokeronlinestatus

Activity: 455
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:15:29 PM

I think it is correct that Bitcoin is mainly used as investment option because due to the price fluctuation, it is only good for investment purpose but not good for becoming currency and competing with fiat currency.

Yes I agree. As of now, bitcoin is commonly used as investment instead of online currency. It can't be really good to use as a currency these days because at any time, hour or minutes the price can change drastically or just a bit, this will be hassle to use if you sent incorrect amount plus the transaction fee.
When bitcoin was first created its basics were as currency but now people had changed its true meaning and all are using it for sake of making money and those who are bit aware of its currency eases they are using it as currency and that’s true that it give benefit in both mode so use in that one what you need and more of it btc has capability to give 100% profit so yes it is investment as well as currency, choice is yours.
Now it has become the investment coin otherwise satoshi created it for the replacement of the cash money but people have forgotten its basics and they are just putting their money into this coin and versatility of this coin is that it can be beneficial in both ways and I am suggesting that it should be used as currency also so that it will become more popular and more people will use it and high profit will come.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: