Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:21:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin actually just a Investment coin?  (Read 3144 times)
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:52:28 AM

Bitcoin was a good investment then hold in a long if you want to be profitable in it. Bitcoin also a good assets too, where as time goes by the value increases, especially now bitcoin is almost 6300$ each which is close to 7000$ which is really a good sign to hold more.

to my knowledge that bitcoin is indeed a long-term investment tool, which is very profitable for investors. because of the increasing bitcoin today, investors are eyeing bitcoin as a good investment tool.
Yes for sure the bitcoin is really very profitable and the this is the reason why all the people are using the bitcoin and I hope the value of the bitcoin will be very high I can see how the value and the price of the bitcoin at the time I know how fast the bitcoin will grow and you will see the fast increase in the future I believe in the bitcoin and I know the value will be more than this till the end of the year 2017.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:14:18 AM

Obviously the bitcoin or any other crypto is primarily used as investment opportunity because that is what it is creating in the first place, the pure profits!

What I learnt through my journey until now is very simple, buy bitcoin, store bitcoin and sell bitcoin when it is at the peak level of every thing. I mean I am able to harvest almost more than 50% of the profit each couple of months which is even better than putting my money into bank for fixed deposits or even for the golden harvest schemes which sucks a lot. Thats like stocking my money somewhere in the jail and bitcoin is like money making machine although it is very thoughtful and perfect one.

There are however group of devlopers who really keep the bitcoin or blockchain as separate entity and a way of advancing through the technology and betterment of the transactions and financing system. Like it a lot.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:29:52 AM

Bitcoin is a coin worth investing for as it has great potential in the future, there is a large investor community that cares about it.
Bitcoin is indeed has a lot of potential in the future and with bitcoin it is very possible right now to become successful someday with our investment and that is by putting money in bitcoin and holding it for a long time. The bitcoin might have some up and downs but it is pretty normal and i thin that if you really believed in potential of bitcoin in the future then you know what to do which is just hold.

As you said the price swing in bitcoin is very high but it is normal in bitcoin the bitcoin will recover if there a price drop and it is always happening while we saw the history of bitcoin.
The most important thing to understand about bitcoin is that the bitcoin has great potential in future the value of the bitcoin will be high in coming years so it is a smart way to invest on bitcoin than other investment like gold,or stocks.Because the price growth of bitcoin is very high when compared to other investments.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:19:43 AM

For now i don't prefer to use bitcoin for transactions.
I prefer to use Dash for transactions its really fast and secure for me. also i am planning to use waves after they implement NG to mainnet.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:27:51 AM

I think the title says it all.

After a long time of thinking, reading and also investing a bit into Bitcoin I have to say that it looks for me that the main use is actually just pure Investment. It always looks like that everyone just talks about how great the Technology is although they secretly want to get super rich with a always raising price. Of course it's used with several shopping or daily things, but that's just such a small part of it.
During that, people who don't want to take the risk to invest call it a "Bubble" and people who don't want to lose their money just make kind of stupid speculations without any arguments.

In the end (just my opinion) the price of Bitcoin is controlled by all the media (that's hyping bitcoin and talking about it everywhere) and all the really big bitcoin whales with e.g. like 10000+ coins can actually effect the market the most. Imagine what a few people with a huge amount of bitcoins could work out together to control the market and making money.

It's just weird, because it turns this, what everyone calls it, great technology in the end just to a fully commercial object to earn money. Which would be probably also the reason why it stays and raises all the time, because it's normal that everyone wants to make a big amount of money with this little effort.

Let me know what you guys think and please don't give me this non argumented one liner like in all the other threads Wink

Yes bitcoin is a investment... i been use it for trading,bounty,airdrop,lending and ico project..
It gives more money to me
NovaNewbium

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:15:18 AM

No because in my country you can pay for flight tickets, restaurants and if you order home you can pay with bitcoins at first yes it was an investment coin but right now it is not an invetsment coin because it is known and used by a lot of different things and in the future it will be used for more.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:20:26 AM

I don't agree that bitcoin is only the investment coin. It can be used for any payment online or offline, directly or through debit cards, so it's also the payment method, it's money. And that is the beauty of bitcoin, you can use it in multiple ways, depending on your preferences and possibilities. But some people use it only as an investment and the method to accumulate profit. To my opinion it is pitty not to use all the possibilites that bitcoin gives us.

malaj
Leonardis

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:45:43 AM

After a long time of thinking, reading and also investing a bit into Bitcoin I have to say that it looks for me that the main use is actually just pure Investment. It always looks like that everyone just talks about how great the Technology is although they secretly want to get super rich with a always raising price. Of course it's used with several shopping or daily things, but that's just such a small part of it.
During that, people who don't want to take the risk to invest call it a "Bubble" and people who don't want to lose their money just make kind of stupid speculations without any arguments.

In the end (just my opinion) the price of Bitcoin is controlled by all the media (that's hyping bitcoin and talking about it everywhere) and all the really big bitcoin whales with e.g. like 10000+ coins can actually effect the market the most. Imagine what a few people with a huge amount of bitcoins could work out together to control the market and making money.

It's just weird, because it turns this, what everyone calls it, great technology in the end just to a fully commercial object to earn money. Which would be probably also the reason why it stays and raises all the time, because it's normal that everyone wants to make a big amount of money with this little effort.

Let me know what you guys think and please don't give me this non argumented one liner like in all the other threads Wink

Yes bitcoin is a investment... i been use it for trading,bounty,airdrop,lending and ico project..
It gives more money to me

Yes, bitcoin is a investment coin nearly no one uses it to only order things from the internet, only people who are buying illegal things. I have invested in bitcoin also.

So i think that nearly everyone here has invested in bitcoin for the money.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:06:09 PM

No because in my country you can pay for flight tickets, restaurants and if you order home you can pay with bitcoins at first yes it was an investment coin but right now it is not an invetsment coin because it is known and used by a lot of different things and in the future it will be used for more.

Yeah but most btc holders don't see it that way and its not really hard to see why. Holdong btc is like playing in stock market where your main objective is of course making money. Perhaps slowly we'll see it the other way but as long as the price keeps going up, its an investment coin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:22:07 PM

The main appeal of Bitcoin does not appear to be its real-world application nor its technology but its earning potential for anyone investing. The media rarely covers the real-world utilisation of Bitcoin but rather focuses on its increasing value. That is what mesmerises them. So for a lot of people the main interest in Bitcoin is due to the increasingly high profits there has been and still are.
The media has really gotten some part to play in that and there is so much concentration on the bitcoin's value than its real life usage.

Although, let us also not forget that is what people always want to hear and even if you tell them about its uses, they would rather skip it and look at how they can rather invest and then have so much more at the end without even understanding how it works.

So, you are definitely right, which to me is still a good thing, because at the end when the usage becomes easy, and the value gets balanced a bit, then we people will start seeing it as a real value and form of payment like we are already having few of that at the moment.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
evilgreed

Activity: 728
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:47:33 PM

The main appeal of Bitcoin does not appear to be its real-world application nor its technology but its earning potential for anyone investing. The media rarely covers the real-world utilisation of Bitcoin but rather focuses on its increasing value. That is what mesmerises them. So for a lot of people the main interest in Bitcoin is due to the increasingly high profits there has been and still are.
The media has really gotten some part to play in that and there is so much concentration on the bitcoin's value than its real life usage.

Although, let us also not forget that is what people always want to hear and even if you tell them about its uses, they would rather skip it and look at how they can rather invest and then have so much more at the end without even understanding how it works.

So, you are definitely right, which to me is still a good thing, because at the end when the usage becomes easy, and the value gets balanced a bit, then we people will start seeing it as a real value and form of payment like we are already having few of that at the moment.

Precisely, but for now we could actually see that bitcoin is a goos source of investment, not only me seeing this one but you know lots of people when asked, they prefer that to be an investment. Maybe in the near future when its a bit balance somehow the true purpose of bitcoin will already be establish.

╔═╗┬ ┬ ┬┌─┐┬┌─┐┌┐┌
║╣ │ └┬┘└─┐│├─┤│││
╚═╝┴─┘┴ └─┘┴┴ ┴┘└┘

Next generation reserve backed token for the decentralized web
   Stake and bond to earn up to 1000% APY
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN ELYSIAN FINANCE

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:01:14 PM

because of its volatility bitcoin is more attractive as an investment
the original purpose of bitcoin has shifted from digital currency to a commodity
however, I still have high hope that bitcoin can return to its path as digital currency
now it's up to majority holders... which path bitcoin will be on
if most users just in it solely for profitting from trading bitcoin... commodity it is
if most users use it for payment and business transactions... then it's digital currency

MoonJeina

Activity: 652
Merit: 250

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:51:08 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2017, 05:26:18 PM by MoonJeina

These high transaction fees and long waiting period have somehow killed the use of bitcoin as a currency for everyday transactions. Bitcoin has largely became an investment asset which due to limited cap and inbuilt deflation gives best return on investment in short span of time leaving behind traditional asset. People are converting part of fiat into Bitcoin from saving their earnings from inflation. For currency use there are tons of other available options in crypto currencies. So, I agree to OP that bitcoin is somehow left behind when it comes to currency use.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
███████████▀▀         ▀▀███
████████▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
██████▀  ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
████▀  ▄██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
███▀  ██████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▀  █████▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
██  ▀███▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
██    ▀██▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
██  █▄  ▀████████▀  ▄██████
██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
████████     INDUSTRY LEADING BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     ████████
LIVE
STREAMING
DAILY PRICE
BOOSTS
LIVE DEALER
CASINO
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄█▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
████  ▄  ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
███  ▀█▀   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
██  ▄    █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
██    ▄██  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
███  ▀████  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
████  ▀████  ▀████▄    ████
█████▄   ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
████████▀▀ █████ ▀▀████████
█████▀    ▄█████▄    ▀█████
██████▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄██████
███▀███▀ ▄███▀███▄ ▀███▀███
██   █ ▄██▀     ▀██▄ █   ██
██   █ ██         ██ █   ██
██   █ ▀██▄▄█ █▄▄██▀ █   ██
███▄███▄ ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ▄███▄███
██████▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀██████
█████▄    ▀█████▀    ▄█████
████████▄▄ █████ ▄▄████████

[.
WIN WITH US!
]
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:59:47 PM

It is really hard to say that is purely used for investment as some also used it as a currency (which is actually is purpose). Bitcoin is not created to just make money out of it, its just that being a decentralized currency affected on how the price moves a lot. With its extreme volatility it overshadowed its real purpose as a currency because many users are taking advantage of the rapid price movements and even I myself is now starting to trade with Bitcoin to make some profit.
laluna24

Activity: 511
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:24:48 PM

No, it is more than that but currently it is considered as a investment.
Bitcoin is not only an investment it has many uses and considered as means of payment. Bitcoin is volatile price thats why many says its only investment. But bitcoin can be use to pay our bills, buying of goods and service using bitcoin and a lot of more.
vicvicto17

Activity: 362
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:29:42 PM

Bitcoin is like a fiat money backed by gold. And if people sell bitcoin then their are people who will bought bitcoin and eventually it will keep rising. And if all central banks will merge to blockchain then it will multiple our income time comes bitcoin price will be worth a million dollar.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:06:07 PM

Bitcoin was a good investment then hold in a long if you want to be profitable in it. Bitcoin also a good assets too, where as time goes by the value increases, especially now bitcoin is almost 6300$ each which is close to 7000$ which is really a good sign to hold more.
It is very normal for anyone to keep considering bitcoin as an investment right now due to its value increasing. All the above, bitcoin is also good for transaction purposes and spending.

Spenders really do have a lot of role to play in the development of bitcoin and that is what makes the real life aspect of it to come to play. If we all just keep holding, how do we understand the value it creates?
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:25:27 PM

I think that this is true, but there are also people who use bitcoin as a payment method. Hackers use bitcoin to store their money and they use it to afford things on the internet. For me Bitcoin is a investment coin and a coin for doing payments. I prefer them both because i use both of them. So i sometimes invest and sometimes i spend my bitcoins online.

Aztek

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:34:11 PM

Bitcoin is everything for me. Yes it is an investment and a big source of income for me. I get paid in my web development services using bitcoin. I also earning money by trading bitcoin to other altcoins. I all pay my bills using bitcoin.

After a long time of thinking, reading and also investing a bit into Bitcoin I have to say that it looks for me that the main use is actually  .............
Well for me maybe a big portion is for yes it is an investment coin, although im not investing any amount, just a my time and effort to earn bitcoin, and a small portion is for no it is also a currency for me. Because I could use it to pay some of my expenses as a student and as a teen. I prefer both. So yes i will consider it as an investment and as for payments.
CarnagexD

Activity: 1498
Merit: 374

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:58:13 PM

I think it is correct that Bitcoin is mainly used as investment option because due to the price fluctuation, it is only good for investment purpose but not good for becoming currency and competing with fiat currency.
As for me i consider bitcoin yes as an investment because it really is a big source of income for many of it's users. But in the othe side I also consider it as a currency because we all know that bitcoin can be used to pay transactions and payments online. Well ofcourse it depends on every users how they will treat their bitcoin.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████