Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin actually just a Investment coin?  (Read 3147 times)
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:21:38 AM

We can use bitcoin in many ways, bitcoin is profitable investment in long term but not only that, you can also use bitcoin to paid any bill, in my country i use bitcoin to easy pay my bill like Meralco, home credit etc. It can also helps to avoid hassle in traffic.
We can use it to buy a lot of things, but that doesn’t make it a real currency. It’s just like gold, you can use gold to do anything, and even use it in replacement of a real currency, but you still can’t call it a real currency, it is still called an asset. So Bitcoin is just an (a digital asset) that is mainly for investment. But since it’s designed in a way that we’re allowed to do peer-to-peer transaction with it, there is nothing bad if you use it as such.
I can’t really say what it was meant for, but going through the history/or how it was made, I believe that what Satoshi Nakamoto had in mind was to create something different from a normal currency which can be used for a peer-to-peer transaction, and which can also be used as an investment.

Judging from this and from how it was made, I would say the main purpose was for investment, but an investment which can also be shared peer-to-peer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ningrum

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:57:17 PM

We can use bitcoin in many ways, bitcoin is profitable investment in long term but not only that, you can also use bitcoin to paid any bill, in my country i use bitcoin to easy pay my bill like Meralco, home credit etc. It can also helps to avoid hassle in traffic.
We can use it to buy a lot of things, but that doesn’t make it a real currency. It’s just like gold, you can use gold to do anything, and even use it in replacement of a real currency, but you still can’t call it a real currency, it is still called an asset. So Bitcoin is just an (a digital asset) that is mainly for investment. But since it’s designed in a way that we’re allowed to do peer-to-peer transaction with it, there is nothing bad if you use it as such.
I can’t really say what it was meant for, but going through the history/or how it was made, I believe that what Satoshi Nakamoto had in mind was to create something different from a normal currency which can be used for a peer-to-peer transaction, and which can also be used as an investment.

Judging from this and from how it was made, I would say the main purpose was for investment, but an investment which can also be shared peer-to-peer.

there are many things that can be used with bitcoin unfortunately the bitcoin has not been approved by the government so it is quite difficult also to use bitcoin as an easy and maximum transaction tool.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Paul Pogba

Activity: 1232
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:50:31 PM

I think more than a coin investment, many functions can be done with bitcoin and the best is with transactions, we can send money in bitcoin to various world at a cost of no more than $ 5 and time not more than 3 hours.
kriptotr

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:12:08 PM

It's not only an investment coin, it also let you make fast and cheap personal payments to anyone living in any country in the world. It also let you get away from government control.
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:58:19 PM

People only Know about the Bitcoin that its an investment and time to time grow it and earn profit but they have minimum research about Bitcoin, it has also more features which have positive impacts in our lives.Bitcoin is a mode of exchange its play a role of intermediaries the buyer sends the money directly to the seller.No wait  No need to go the bank , against you send Bitcoins to the person.Its a also virtual bank as well.

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:59:25 PM

It has got multiple usage within it, but majority of the user network give importance as an investment. This will change when bitcoin becomes common or gives direct usage access similar to the paper money that we use. Everything requires certain time period to reach people, bitcoin too is not an exception.
The majority of the users now considers bitcoin as a investment and not as a value of transaction is not because it has not reached people ,it is simply because of the scaling issues it has to reach a wider audience or to make millions of transactions in a single day,with these restrictions the transaction charges will be higher as well as the transaction time and so is the reason people are using it as an investment opportunity because of the rally bitcoin has. Tongue
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:19:45 AM

Actually, Bitcoin is not an investment coin. Its main purpose is to be a digital currency, which we can use and spend in our everyday expenses. The vision, being an alternative mode of payment and eliminate debit and credit use so to reduce online scams and fraud. The main reason why most people considered it as an investment coin, digital asset per se, is because of its volatility which was been abused and misunderstood by the majority of crypto enthusiasts. If when in the future, BTC hit its ceiling, people might change their thoughts regarding of this investment thing and should start soon spending their profits or hold coins like a normal currecy.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:51:45 AM

I think the title says it all.

After a long time of thinking, reading and also investing a bit into Bitcoin I have to say that it looks for me that the main use is actually just pure Investment. It always looks like that everyone just talks about how great the Technology is although they secretly want to get super rich with a always raising price. Of course it's used with several shopping or daily things, but that's just such a small part of it.
During that, people who don't want to take the risk to invest call it a "Bubble" and people who don't want to lose their money just make kind of stupid speculations without any arguments.

In the end (just my opinion) the price of Bitcoin is controlled by all the media (that's hyping bitcoin and talking about it everywhere) and all the really big bitcoin whales with e.g. like 10000+ coins can actually effect the market the most. Imagine what a few people with a huge amount of bitcoins could work out together to control the market and making money.

It's just weird, because it turns this, what everyone calls it, great technology in the end just to a fully commercial object to earn money. Which would be probably also the reason why it stays and raises all the time, because it's normal that everyone wants to make a big amount of money with this little effort.

Let me know what you guys think and please don't give me this non argumented one liner like in all the other threads Wink
Bitcoin has become a huge source of income for its users around the world. It is helping many people to build a strong economic base. But bitcoin is not just a coin for investment but it has many more potentials like it could one day become a global currency and every country will agree its trade and exchange. This can make bitcoin ass a different scenario.

Bitcoin is become a very powerful crypto currency and it already is the most valued one among the available crypto currency’s. Biotin is not just coin to invest in but a opportunity to become a stable person with stable income this is very bigger concept I think.
arichikato

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:08:11 AM

Nah, i think Bitcoin isn't just an investment , it's a currency like dollar or euros not investment for now. I know there is volatility in it but it's still be valuable.
Lewis_Ham

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:03:33 PM

Bitcoin is exactly what you need to invest if I could take it back I would without hesitation have invested their money into it.
gyu22

Activity: 127

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:24:59 PM

Investment is the more frequent use of Bitcoin, with great profitable during this 2017. And it will be in the next year 2018. The market of futures of bitcoin that has begun to work today is a good example.
But bitcoin is also a currency for peer to peer transaction. In the long term we will see multiple uses of bitcoin.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:34:14 PM

If you regard bitcoin as an investment and pour in your money on it and just hold it for a long time no matter what, then you will probably earn big profit that can even make you rich.
The more you invest, the better chances of earning big profit too.

madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:37:51 PM

Not necessary investment because we can earn bitcoin without investment, investment is the method to earn for those people who can afford to buy  bitcoin or they have extra money that they want to grow that is why they buy bitcoin and hold for long period of time because value will continue to increase and it will brings good profit for the investors.
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:08:18 PM

I agree that Bitcoin is mainly used as an investment option, because of price fluctuations, it is good only for investment purposes. In order to become a currency and compete with the currency, it doesn't fit
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:26:13 PM

I agree that Bitcoin is mainly used as an investment option, because of price fluctuations, it is good only for investment purposes. In order to become a currency and compete with the currency, it doesn't fit

I believe that, that is the main goal of bitcoin to help every people to invest their money as easy to what we are thinking, and of course changing the worlds perspective that we are not alone living in just legal tender but we can also live and can innovate with the help of cryptocurrency who had been amazed us always.
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:49:56 AM

If you regard bitcoin as an investment and pour in your money on it and just hold it for a long time no matter what, then you will probably earn big profit that can even make you rich.
The more you invest, the better chances of earning big profit too.
Basically, Bitcoin is an asset meant for investment, but it’s an investment on a different level. It’s not only meant for investment, you can do just more than investment with Bitcoin, you can use it for a lot of things, cause another purpose for it is peer-to-peer transaction, which means you can use it as a payment method wherever it is accepted and can also use it to send money to your friends. Bitcoin is good for sending money to someone that lives in a different country, cause it’s cheap and fast for that.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:39:57 AM

Bitcoin`s founders have not created it only as a tool for investment. They have very broad idea, they want to reduce or eliminate the problems faced by common while doing transactions with banks and with fiat currencies. Bitcoin as a currency is the best hassle free tool of trade. Its decentralised nature is eliminating the intruder from a trade. But due bans and regulations from governments of many countries it failed to become a popular currency. But it has achieved a great success as an asset/investment. Investment in bitcoin has given far more returns to its investors.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 11:49:05 AM

Bitcoin`s founders have not created it only as a tool for investment. They have very broad idea, they want to reduce or eliminate the problems faced by common while doing transactions with banks and with fiat currencies. Bitcoin as a currency is the best hassle free tool of trade. Its decentralised nature is eliminating the intruder from a trade. But due bans and regulations from governments of many countries it failed to become a popular currency. But it has achieved a great success as an asset/investment. Investment in bitcoin has given far more returns to its investors.

Yeah indeed this statement is completely true. The bitcoin which was actually thought as currency to make the transfers and transaction easily over the blockchain is now actually a tool to get into good way of investing money and growing it into something bigger. The wealth greediness is the basis for this one and by natures rule people fall for it in the first place. Now if government of each country really starts to think about the bitcoin as potential currency then there cold be middle way where it will not be treated as asset for investment but as full fledged currency which can make our lives easier in terms of identity and the peer-peer transaction.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:43:40 PM

Bitcoin is exactly what you need to invest if I could take it back I would without hesitation have invested their money into it.
Yeah after getting in the bitcoin you will not be afraid of lose and your money will grow more and more. I am happy with bitcoin and it will give you a better future.

So it is really good if you are having blind trust for bitcoin and you know it will not let you down at any cost and will give you high profit. I am using bitcoin and I invest all of my money in bitcoin just to secure my future and I am not having any kind of doubt in my mind for bitcoin.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:07:51 PM

Actually, Bitcoin is not an investment coin. Its main purpose is to be a digital currency, which we can use and spend in our everyday expenses. The vision, being an alternative mode of payment and eliminate debit and credit use so to reduce online scams and fraud. The main reason why most people considered it as an investment coin, digital asset per se, is because of its volatility which was been abused and misunderstood by the majority of crypto enthusiasts. If when in the future, BTC hit its ceiling, people might change their thoughts regarding of this investment thing and should start soon spending their profits or hold coins like a normal currecy.

Actually, Bitcoin is not an investment coin.
if its not an investment coin then what it is?  bitcoin is actually used in investment therefor it is an investment coin but it can also be used some other things like trading, mining, buying and selling,etc... bitcoin is a multi purpose asset and not just an ordinary digital coin.

The vision, being an alternative mode of payment and eliminate debit and credit use so to reduce online scams and fraud.

i agree that satoshi nakamotos vision on why did he create bitcoin because he wants another alternative payment online that can be use independently and anonymously without strings attached but bitcoin cant possibly eliminate the used of credit cards or fiats because those are still more important and been trusted when compared to bitcoin. also bitcoin cant reduce scams and fraud or any other illegal activities rather criminals tends to use it more because bitcoin is kinda anonymous and it is hard to be tracked easily while using it when compared to some other payment method.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: