Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:39:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another *Potential* Identifying Piece of Evidence on Satoshi  (Read 8427 times)
jaywaka2713 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:20:54 PM

So I was briefly messing around with the Bitcointalk forums, and was looking at my profile. Jaywaka2713: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=85173

I noticed there was a user number in the URL. So I changed it to 1 and found the admin account. Wasnt a big surprise. What was a surprise is that it only has 7 posts, and was only active for 4 days. It's local time is interesting though. I also couldn't pull up any of his posts.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1

I tried using the user number "2" but no user came up. Probably because of some catalog system in HTML or SMF that I do not understand, or because the account was removed.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2

However, when I used user number "3", Satoshi's account came up. His posts came up.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3

That was interesting to me. I looked at his Local Time, and noticed it's 5 hours ahead of mine. Im in Illinois, meaning I live in the CST time zone. 5 hours ahead would be in Britain. I went back to the Admin account with user number "1", and guess what? Same time zone. Satoshi must have made both accounts, as they were made within 2 days of each other. Admin must have been a testing account, but with 7 posts? All of which couldn't be found?

I kept raising the user number by 1, finding 22 other accounts, and only 7 of which were active this year. The rest of them had relatively low post counts. Too lazy to pull up their bitcoin addresses. I stopped once I got to user number "35", which was theymos. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35

I was wondering why theymos was the 25th (maybe 35, but there were plenty of blank numbers. Guessing that they are false) user on the forum, but is also the Admin. The third user with user number "4" sirius, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=4 is Staff. Shouldn't he be Admin?

I checked theymos's time zone, and he also lives in the CST timezone alongside me, so he doesn't live in Britain.

I don't know if it was confirmed or not, or even known if Satoshi potentially lived in Britain. I heard that there was British dialect in the comments of Bitcoin code and in his White Paper. Also the Genesis Block message.

I also find it interesting that Theymos was the 25th member on the forum, yet is Admin, while sirius was the third member on the forum, is still active, and only has a staff position. I'd like to dig deeper into how exactly Theymos became the bitcointalk Admin.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aceking

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:23:45 PM

ask him
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:26:07 PM

ask him

Thank you...for your succinct post...7 characters...K

I will eventually, but I'd rather find the threads or emails or something first. I doubt he was just appointed by Satoshi randomly. There must have been a vote. A vote from the original 24 other accounts before him. Maybe sirius appointed him?

nwbitcoin

Activity: 294

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 03:29:55 PM

and this is how conspiracies start - half truths being converted to full lies describes as truth! Wink

If you are interested in chasing ghosts, you should spend your time on the cypherpunks newsgroups around 2007

Its likely that you'll find far more hints to ID there than you'll ever do here.

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:33:05 PM

and this is how conspiracies start - half truths being converted to full lies describes as truth! Wink

If you are interested in chasing ghosts, you should spend your time on the cypherpunks newsgroups around 2007

Its likely that you'll find far more hints to ID there than you'll ever do here.

Please, explain how anything above is a half truth or a full lie. I'd like to know. I also happen to be very interested in the identity of Satoshi, as it's remarkable how he posted the worlds best model for a financial system back in 2008, and hasn't been found since.

Cypherpunks is certainly an interesting topic, but is not of interest to me at the moment.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:40:16 PM

Cypherpunks is certainly an interesting topic, but is not of interest to me at the moment.
Lol
Really

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
indrek

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:49:23 PM

Britain is in GMT/UTC time zone which is the default time zone in this forum IIRC. Maybe they just didn't change their profile Wink
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:51:06 PM

Lol
Really

Exactly.  Grin

I'll look into cypherpunks if I really cannot do anything else with looking into Satoshi

Britain is in GMT/UTC time zone which is the default time zone in this forum IIRC. Maybe they just didn't change their profile Wink

I was not aware of this. I would think it would be standard human behavior to customize voids that we would know how. I'm positive Satoshi knew SOMETHING about his timezone. I changed mine, so either he does live in Britain, or didn't change it at all.

Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:53:51 PM

Don't you think that someone that has the brains and insight to create Bitcoin might also be able to cover his tracks on the net? Wink

Satoshi and Bitcoin are born from the cypherpunks. It might do you well to research them.
syn999

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:09:55 PM

maybe Satoshi disappears for some reason. maybe he doesnt want the world knows his true ID.
And here you are, trying to dig him up

Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:16:00 PM

I vaguely recall someone doing a study of Satoshi's post times and deciding that eastern US was the most likely time zone in which he lived. 

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:25:23 PM

I vaguely recall someone doing a study of Satoshi's post times and deciding that eastern US was the most likely time zone in which he lived. 

Do you think you might be able to find the source for that?

Don't you think that someone that has the brains and insight to create Bitcoin might also be able to cover his tracks on the net? Wink

Satoshi and Bitcoin are born from the cypherpunks. It might do you well to research them.

I was not aware of this. I'll start researching the 2007 cypherpunks articles and such. Do you think you could post the source regarding the relation between Satoshi and Cypherpunks?

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:28:06 PM

so totalling maybe 100 threads to find satoshi.. how about use one of the others.

how about realise you wont learn any secrets about the coding by finding satoshi.. its open source!!

he wanted something different to the standard banking system, so what would be left to ask him if he was found.. all the main answers to questions can be found already

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:31:16 PM

so totalling maybe 100 threads to find satoshi.. how about use one of the others.

how about realise you wont learn any secrets about the coding by finding satoshi.. its open source!!

That is not my goal in the first place. I've pulled up and (misunderstanding [lack of C++ knowledge]) read the Bitcoin source code on the Bitcoin wiki. My goal is to try and find Satoshi. Yes I know others have failed, but who cares. Its for the hell of it really. This thread was mainly to propose that Satoshi may have been in Britain. Also, if he did create the admin account, wouldn't it make sense to host the forums in the country you live in, meaning the time zone default may not mean anything?

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:33:58 PM

That is not my goal in the first place. I've pulled up and (misunderstanding [lack of C++ knowledge]) read the Bitcoin source code on the Bitcoin wiki. My goal is to try and find Satoshi. Yes I know others have failed, but who cares. Its for the hell of it really. This thread was mainly to propose that Satoshi may have been in Britain. Also, if he did create the admin account, wouldn't it make sense to host the forums in the country you live in, meaning the time zone default may not mean anything?

evidence found 4 years ago puts him as a 90% chance of being from britain.. .. now what..

if someone does not want to be found and they have not committed a crime. leave them alone

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:38:03 PM

if someone does not want to be found and they have not committed a crime. leave them alone

You do bring up a good point. Maybe he wants to remain anonymous so badly he hasn't been active here since 2011. Good point indeed. The task of finding such a person is too daunting for me anyways. I'll try to find you instead  Grin Just messing. But you do bring a good point.

Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:42:29 PM

I was not aware of this. I'll start researching the 2007 cypherpunks articles and such. Do you think you could post the source regarding the relation between Satoshi and Cypherpunks?

The Cypherpunks are/were an ethic more than a group, but there was a core of coders that brought the ethic to life. You can browse through the listserv archives going back to 1993 here:

http://marc.info/?l=cypherpunks

The first Bitcoin transaction was to Hal Finney, cypherpunk extraordinaire:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155054.0;topicseen
threeip

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 04:43:20 PM

Those who know don't say, and those who say don't know?

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:47:53 PM

The Cypherpunks are/were an ethic more than a group, but there was a core of coders that brought the ethic to life. You can browse through the listserv archives going back to 1993 here:

http://marc.info/?l=cypherpunks

The first Bitcoin transaction was to Hal Finney, cypherpunk extraordinaire:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155054.0;topicseen

Thank you for those sources. I will read through the listserv archives a little bit just out of raw interest. Were there any Mailings after May 1st, 2005? It ends there.

Also I looked through that second link you sent. I pulled this quote from the article:

When Satoshi announced Bitcoin on the cryptography mailing list, he got a skeptical reception at best. Cryptographers have seen too many grand schemes by clueless noobs. They tend to have a knee jerk reaction.

Do you know what mailing list he was talking about? Was it the cypherpunks mailing list? If it was, in that listserv archive you shared, the archive for 2007 and 2008 aren't there.

flavius

Activity: 154

welcome to riches

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:50:06 PM

Just get his IP address from his posts/account....

I'm sure there are admins here who have more information on the matter.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: